It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone. i am going to jail for 5 days starting tomorrow morning.. i am down to a 4mg a day suboxone regiment. i have been taking 4mg for about 10 months. they do not allow me to take suboxone in this county jail. what should i do ?? My last dose of suboxone was 4mg this morning at 11am. should i not take any tomorrow morning b4 jail? or should i take a larger dose to keep the suboxone in my system longer? or would that backfire and give me bigger withdrawls in the long run.. please help i am really freaking out !!! any help would be greatly appreciated

this is reallllly worrying me guys :(

Post subject: what to do?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

First, I can't believe they won't give you your suboxone in jail. Would they withhold insulin from a diabetic?

But, accepting this as fact, this is what I would do, with the disclaimer that of course I am not a doctor and what I am about to say is only what I would do, it is not a recommendation for what anyone else should do.

I would take at least 32 mg before going to jail. Considering the long half life, this should cover several days if not the entire stretch. At the least, any withdrawals would probably not start until the stretch is almost over. Then I would make sure that I had some in my car or whoever was picking me up had some that I could take immediately when I got out of jail.

In my mind I would also have a backup plan. If I started going into bad withdrawals I would make sure they knew it and they knew my first call when I got out would be to my lawyer.

Again this is just what I would do. I wish you the best in whatever you do decide to do.
J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

should i take even more than 32? or is that pointless?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Bummer...

Your best option would be to pre-load up before you go in like Jimmy said. Alternatively, you could chuck a coupla doses in a condom and boot it for later use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm with the others...just load up on sub before you go in. Hopefully that will extend the half-life until you get out.

So, I'm curious...are they not allowing you ONLY your suboxone, or are they withholding ALL of your medications? And who the hell do they think they are to decide which of your meds you are allowed to take or not? They are not doctors! I'd already be talking to my lawyer and writing letters to the judge involved in the case. Either way, they are playing doctor. That's pure, unadulterated BULLSHIT.

I wish you the easiest of days in jail. Let us know you are OK when you get out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hey guys! thanks for that quick help.. i took like 32-40mg right before i walked into court. through my 5 days at county jail i had little to no w/d symptoms!!!! im so glad to be out. and back to takin my meds how im suposed to. and ya the judge said i wasnt allowed to have the suboxone. and i asked the nurses at the jail and they are against giving anything to addicts. all they said is if i get sick they have meds for direah . and if i was puking they would give me somethin for that... but noooo opiates at all. all i got was Tylenol because my back hurt sooo bad from laying on those shitty mats. well im out , thanks for all the help!! stay outa jail!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

glad to see you made it out unscathed! i actually just logged on to see how you made out! good to know the withdrawal is little to none if I'm ever in a pinch and without it for the day, or even 2!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks for the update. Curious - did you need to take any other medications that they did let you have?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

hatmaker510 wrote:
Thanks for the update. Curious - did you need to take any other medications that they did let you have?
since im only taking suboxone. that was my only issue in the jail. its a narcotic free jail. they treat the symptoms of w/d but wont give you anything to help ween you off. if you are on benzos/alcohol they give u anti-seizures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WHEW.......

glad you made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea, ummmm its funny, I had a guy tell me once that If I ever got arrested (and had to stay) to tell them Im an alcoholic, becuz thats the ONLY time they give you anything here at our "county inn" as well!!!!

He was a heroin addict, and hes like Yea, I just tell them everytime I drink at least a fifth of vodka every day and I get some kind of benzo that at least helps with the kick.

LOL

thankfully, I think Im in the 'clear' these days.

GLAD your FREE
stay that way, K????????

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/