It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Im new to the forum I am a Court Reporter. I have two herniated disc in my neck so I have been taking Lorabs, norcos, and he put me on percetes for over 7 years and I 46.I am allow by the doc to take 80 mgs a day but like everyone else that is never enough because my body just keeps wanting more and more so before I know it I out of it a week early most times chasing the crap, I have put my lovely spouse threw shit... Many times. I finally hit bottom and had enough chasing. I called the local doc that handles the Suboxone treatment and I start Monday.

DOES THIS STUFF REALLY WORK, DOES IT GIVE YOU THE SAME FEELINGS AS PAIN MEDS or oposite or what, All these horror stories about being addicted to that?????

I just thing I agree with most of you that if you can take it once or twice a day like you would any meds to help with LBP or other stuff and it kill the cravings and chasing that pain med I think its better. Can anyone answer these questions or comment.

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

all of these views and no answers, I have watched the Dr. Junig youtube videos so I think I understand. So thanks for the help anyway!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:32 pm 
Hey this place has kinda been slow lately, Let me take a stab at this since i was taking probably 90mg's of oxycodone a day before switching to subs. If you have pain issues. Go to a sub doc. He is probally going to to put you on a large blocking dose of 8-16mg's of day. This is probably not a ideal dose to use this much bupenorphine for "pain" issues. Bupe is used as a PAINKILLER in doses in the microgram range. NOT milligrams. If you want to gain the most benefit out of this drug. I would recomend letting your doctor put you on a crazy high dose.

Then go ahead and look up the dosages for drugs like buprenex. Dose yourself accordingly to what is correct for pain. NOT milligram doses. MICROGRAMS only. Trust me, bupe is one drug that does not give you more and more painkilling analgesia from using more and more. I'd recomend trying to take 0.5mg's two to three times a day. This stuff is very potent. It may not seem like alot to take in comparision to those guys on 16mg's of a blocking dose. For pain, use this drug the correct way that it's prescribed for pain.

There is quite a few people here who are hooked on subs. Some don't put it into words like i do. I'm "hooked" on 8mg's right now. And fighting to drop my dose down as best as possible.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: thank you
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you very much!
Does this drug give you any kind of euphoric Or does it curb your cravings for the narcotics and make you
Feel normal, I am very confused there are so many people saying so many different things. Lol. I guess a better question would be is if you were taking as many perk as we, does the subs ceiling that , last all day compare to the euphoric of the perks, am I making sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Typically 4mg is the cealing dose for this drug. Meaning,( it is my understanding)you will not feel any more of a high weather you take 4mg or 34 mg. At the 4mg dose, it is suppose to curb your craving and in my case it worked fine. I did not even crave at lower doses. I was not a pill popper however, I am a heroin user, so take my opinion as just that. A heroin users opinion. Most likely you will not have cravings if you are at 4mg. PLEASE BE ADVISED! Suboxone is nothing I would want to be on especially if you are looking for euphoric feelings. You are looking in the wrong place. Sure you may feel funny at first, but TRUST me you do not want to play around with Suboxone and get hooked unless you plan to be on it for ever... It is possible to get off BC I did it, but I relapsed shortly after. If I were you, I would read up about suboxone/buprenorphine. Do not take any ones word for it like I did. Not even a doctors word. Do yourself a favor and rescearch the hell out of it before taking it. I wish I did. Good luck....

Post subject: ok understand
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the reply. Yes my intention is to be off of everything and not to have the opoid effect. I just want out of
This hell im in trying to pop a pill every 2 hours and then if I dont have any im screwed and calling family. I have watch
And read a lot on it so if it helps me from doing that that is my first step. I do know there is a ceiling so that is good.thank u

Post subject: Missed your thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:57 pm 

Hi Koquinn,

Welcome to our forum! Somehow your thread got lost here because I didn't see it either and I check for all messages. But now you have some responses and both were good. Will30 gave you some decent advice concerning the pain killing part of Suboxone, and Sweet16 explained the ceiling part. So now you have two views.

Yes, Suboxone is a very powerful drug. When I got on it I didn't really know what it was. My friend took it for a pain pill addiction and told me I wouldn't feel any cravings. Say what?? But she was correct. What I didn't know then and now know is that the main ingredient in Suboxone is Buprenorphine, which is an opiate in itself. You might feel a buzz for the first week or more but for the most part you take it once a day and go about your business without thinking about taking any pain meds. And even if you did take some you wouldn't feel them. Bup takes over the receptors and won't let any other opiates in. It raises your tolerance sky high but that is why you don't crave.

Now, what Sweet said was true. Once you're on it it's very hard to get off of. Many have done it, but you have to do it right. As far as I go. I was a pain patient too when starting out. It got out of control and now I've been on Sub for a little less than three years. The only side effect I get is feeling a little tired in the afternoon but if I'm busy I don't feel it. And I used to get tired before taking the Sub so it may not even be that. For me, Suboxone works very well and I have no idea if I'll ever get off it or not. The addict in me is still very much alive and just waiting to bite my ass again so for now I'll stay safe and take my Sub like a good addict should. The day may come when I feel I don't need it anymore and then I'll taper off it and work on my recovery big time.

I do agree with the rest here to do a lot of reading of past posts so you know what you're getting yourself into. It may be better for you to go into a detox/rehab facility and get clean that way. Either way, it takes work to stay off of opiates once you're an addict. For me, this was the only way to get my life back. I have no regrets about getting on Suboxone no matter how many posts I read condemning it. You make the choice that bests fits you.

For pain management, my Dr. gives me Tramadol (Ultram). Some may have a problem with it but I don't. I take two tramadols and two Aleve's and together they work quite well for my pain. Yes, my neck too is a mess although not as bad as yours.

We invite you to stick around and join the group. Take what you need and ignore the rest. Let us know what you decide and keep us informed of your progress.

Rule62

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thank you for taking the time 2 tell me all about the suboxone. believe me I have done tons of research this will be my fifth time trying this to get off of this crap I know if I do not get on something I will go back and take the pain meds because I feel like crap so I am begging this drug to work for my cravings to give my brain time enough to do to tell what I am doing and make rational decisions when I do have cravings. I have tried to get off the stuff many times and my wife has helped every time with a smiling face but she is getting tired of it that is 1 reasonI i am doing this for them and me. I will stay on it as long as it takes me to get my brain correct and i make a decision. I do not think it is trading a drug for another because of the day to day cravings and journey to find pain meds, if I can make it through my day without taking pain meds that would be great. My first dose was at the age of 39 so I do not have a history of this, it just came in bit me in the ass. thank you very much for taking the time I will re post after taking to let you know how I'm doing.

Post subject: first dose taken
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well went to a dr with 10 years of suboxone experience, he also teaches other doctors. Very nice and understanding dr.
I was in moderate wds when I went, after talking he gave me my 1st dose of 8ms. After about 30 minuts my wds started to
Lower and although I was a little light headed I felt good. I got a second dose that night, right now I feel great.
I discussed the situation about trading one drug for another and although that is what you are doing, I disagree with the attitude of
People that say doing that wont help you. By taking suboxone 1 time in the morning, you are ellimating the drug seeking behavior.
And the bad feeling when you dont take your dosage. To me that is huge and what will play a huge part I it. I will give an update later.
Will power is not enough, admit it to yourself, we need help. This is a disease, as high blood pressure or asma. They need maintinence to,