It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: going down, down down!
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I am writing to let you all know how I am doing and to give some POSITIVE comments on my experience of coming off sub! As I said before I have been on sub since February of 2005..have come from an addiction to Vicodin after a total hysterectomy. I started sub at 16 mg a day(2 8mg tabs , one in the morn and one at nite) As is the case, it was easy to taper down to where I am now, which is(was) 1mg a day. I have tried to skip days but by the 36 hour mark I am not feeling too well so I have stayed with every 24 hours. I am officially done with my full week at 1mg daily and will be doing the liquid taper starting tomorrow! I plan on taking the 1mg piece of sub and dissolving it in water and then taking half. Before I do that..I wondered if any of you seasoned taperers have any advice? I have NO negative comments about the W/D's from this taper as it has been quite easy and mild symptoms have occured! I plan on jumping off the last week of July into the first week of August and I have those 2 weeks off work and am going to be visiting my Mom in Wisconsin.(Maybe a trip to Fon Du Lac is in order???)
So...I am happy to have found you all and to read your experiences and happy to chime in about mine!
Oh, as for cravings..NONE, Nada! I feel quite confident that I will NOT being going back there!!!
HUGS to all!
Ginger44

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats on your progress. Your success lies with your sticking to the plan and giving yourself the time needed to heal. You should be very proud of yourself. Keep working toward your ultimate goal and remember there is no rush to recovery!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:28 am 
I agree G44! Congrats and keep up the positive attitude. I'm sure you'll be able to taper on off as you wish. The only thing I would add is along the lines of what Shelwoy said about taking your time on these final stages. I've been like you....kind of finding it pretty easy to bring my dose down here lately. However....You mentioned only having been on the 1mg/day for one week. I'm not sure that's long enough. I swear, I have noticed not really 'feeling' dose reductions for over a week sometimes. This drug is so strong and has such a long half-life that I believe when we get down under the 'ceiling' and really start bringing our blood level down over time, it takes a while for the dose drops to catch up. That may not make a lick of sense and may not be scientific at all. I'm just saying that for me, waiting more like 10 days to 2 weeks between dose reductions seems to be a safer way to play it. So just take your time with it is all I'm saying I guess. I do think that by switching to the liquid method you'll be able to dose more precisely thereby keeping the drops very subtle from here on out.
I'm going to stick here at ~1mg/day for a bit longer myself in an effort to allow a little more time to adjust. But that's just me and I'm not working on a schedule like you are with your upcoming vacation and all. I'm pulling for you! Keep letting us know how you're doing with it! You're doing great!! Yea!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh Gosh! Thanks for the positive comments..and it all makes perfect sense to me. I know a week is a short time considering the length of time it takes, ceiling effect, and the strength of the sub. (etc)I will remember that as I continue along this path. THANKS!! :D
The fact that I have many of you in my "corner" makes a big difference too, instead of feeling that I am all alone in this endeavor!
G44

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Please keep posting as I am very interested in how it goes from here. I am also starting to taper and like you plan to do a liquid taper near the end. Have you thought about staying on the pill form a little longer by stretching it to every other day for a week or two then every third day before going to liquid? I only ask because I thought that may be my plan once I get that low then go to a liquid form after that.

*Christopher Robin to Pooh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I HAVE thought of that..but I tend to give in every time I try to go longer than 24 hours. I appreciate your suggestion tho..maybe after a week on this dose I will try to alternate days. Thanks for the suggestion!