It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

So in case this is helpful to anyone. I take subs by choice. Meaning i was not addicted to opiates when i started them but occasionally used. Although i was a heroin addict 10years ago. So i take about 2 mg a day but today i took 30 mg of morphine which of cours did nearly nothing. Not only that but it didnt replace the subs i suppose the subs stopped it from binding.
Nevertheless i was a little worried about taking my sub 12 hrs later. You know PW. But yes it is safe the opiates never bound to my receptors. So if you want to go back on your subs after taking an opiate its fine.
My case is unique so read careful when comparing to yours.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:16 pm 

Hi SB,

Your information is good stuff. Most of us who've been on Suboxone for a long time or have read a lot of posts here on the forum are aware that a person can go right back onto their Suboxone after using full agonist pain meds.

If there is a surgery, we suggest using both your Buprenorphine along side some stronger pain medication. There are blogs here to print out to show your doctor how the Bupe binds to the receptors and makes your tolerance very high. That's why we need a larger dose of Oxycodone or whatever drug they decide will work best. (And also why your slip didn't get you high) Then, after the pain has subsided you can just transfer back over to the Suboxone w/o any ill effects. We all thought there'd be precipitated withdrawal to face but found that not to be true.

Thanks again for putting the information on here for all to see. This subject needs to be talked about regularly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:53 pm 

Hi SB, Yes! This is a very important topic! So many of us face surgery or even dental work and need to know how to effectively treat the pain and be able to return to suboxone. Good to know that it is possible to do it right and not have to suffer from pw's!