It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well, I recall the last time you actually admitted that you only pulled this shit because it was me. Remember that?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: How are you?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Eric, I was just wondering how you are doing? Are you feeling any better? Check in soon, I'd love to know how you are doing. Hope all is well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've disagreed with many people on the forum over the years and poked fun at some of them while doing it. You're certainly not the only person I've disagreed with on this forum, not by a long shot.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey. So i talked to some pharmacists, it seems like everyone is in shock that people have a hard time coming off Neurontin.

One of them said that if you stop abruptly you can have problems, as TeeJay stated.

Did you stop taking it suddenly Kelly? Or did you wean down? I'm wondering if weaning to a low amount would elminate withdrawal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

eric is wrote:
Hey. So i talked to some pharmacists, it seems like everyone is in shock that people have a hard time coming off Neurontin.

One of them said that if you stop abruptly you can have problems, as TeeJay stated.

Did you stop taking it suddenly Kelly? Or did you wean down? I'm wondering if weaning to a low amount would elminate withdrawal.

Thats great to hear that it sounds out of the norm to pharmacists. That must mean it isn't too common. To be honest with you I dont remember how long I tapered for. I know they reduced my dose gradually over a period of time, but i honest to God don't remember how long....wish I did so I could tell you.

Bottom line Eric, if it seems to be helping you to take it as needed, than I would continue to do that until you and your doctors find another way to help you. Ihope this all works out for you in the end. Keep us posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

i went to the doctor today for what i thought was a spider that bit me several times. Turns out I have shingles

Seriously. What the FUCK.

Does this constitute getting back on a low dose of a narcotic? Honestly, hearing the stories on here I'd almost be more comfortable doing small amounts of heroin than pain pills, since it's apparently considerably less addictive.

I still have chronic pain in my arm. This shit is never ending.

7 and 1/2 months is a long time to go through PAWS with hardly any improvement.

Someone tell me what to do, because im out of ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:42 pm 
What's the story Eric, how you doin?

Also a shoutout to ROMEO. It's all good man, i guess they just need to fill their quotas for the month. I just got a warning for who knows what. Same reason as your alledged offenses. I disagreed. hehe what :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Winningduhepic, if you need clarification as to why you received a warning, please PM a moderator.

If you feel the need to talk smack about the moderators, please take it to PM. It doesn't belong in the public forum. Please remember that the mods are all volunteers who give their time and energy to keep this place running.

And just FYI there are no quotas.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:29 pm 
Sorry,it wont happen again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:52 pm 
OH SHIT, THEY COMIN TO GET THIS GUY. HAHA HE ALWAYS GETTIN ATTACKED BY THE 5-0 IN HURR. LOLZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:00 pm 
To Taurus, DOAQ and Hatty- You are right. So heres the deal- I hang around vets, roofers and professional boxers all day. I have to remember the sensative out there. It's my fault. Im so sorry. i love you

Oh yea Taurus- im still waitin on that PM w/ all the name calling i apparently been dishin out....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Diary of a Quitter wrote:
Winningduhepic, if you need clarification as to why you received a warning, please PM a moderator.

If you feel the need to talk smack about the moderators, please take it to PM. It doesn't belong in the public forum. Please remember that the mods are all volunteers who give their time and energy to keep this place running.

And just FYI there are no quotas.

Winningduhepic - did you not read this above post about not discussing this in public? Why do you insist on doing exactly the opposite of what you're asked to do?? You were asked very nicely by Diary of a Quitter to take your issues regarding moderators to PM yet here you are continuing to discuss it in the public forum. This is your LAST WARNING.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

please, everyone involved just take it to private messages. If for nothing else, just so this thread can be used on ideas to help my situation, because as much as i hate to sound selfish, in all honesty I need help right now in any form i can take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Eric...I've been thinking...I hope that I am remembering this correctly but you were only addicted to sub and not SAO right? If this is the case, then I don't see a problem with sow dose narcotic pain killers when your shingles are flared up. I have a family member who has it, apparently that is what you can get from someone who has chicken pox, if you've already had chicken pox?? Anyway, they are excruciatingly painful. Shingles is a nerve disease though and maybe taking the neurontin on a daily basis until it settles down, wouldn't be a terrible idea.

I hope that you are hanging in there, as you sound a little hopeless...maybe that's just me...but I am a little woried about your well being...please let me know if you have any more thoughts on this. I am sorry you are going through this. Shingles suck.... I wonder if the shingles is/has been playing a role in all the aching you have... these are all just thoughts going through my mind so don't take any of this as fact. I'm just trying to kind of brainstorm with you....let me know what you think...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Winningduhepic wrote:

Oh yea Taurus- im still waitin on that PM w/ all the name calling i apparently been dishin out....

Trust me, I will get to this as soon as I can, but I do have a life outside of this forum where I have to go to a job where I actually get paid for what I do. As soon as I get a chance I will look up the thread (and I know exactly which thread it is) and I will send you the pm with your exact quotes from your posts copied.

Since you called me out in public, I have the right to answer you in public, just like the last time you did this...but this is the last time I will address this issue in any thread. If you keep doing this instead of pm'ing a moderator about it, you will no longer be able to log in...and that includes all of your alter egos.

I apologize to the original poster for this thread getting off topic. Sometimes that happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

This forum (not just this thread) has jumped the shark. Eric's right- 3 pages & I don't even know what the original topic was anymore. The only people it hurts are the ones looking for help- the ones that can least afford to sort thru all the crap & multiple personalities for the good answers that used to be readily available.

The mods have a tough job, and IMHO they do it very well, so I really don't know what they could do different to prevent this. Unfortunately, who has time for this? People are hurting & looking for help & what used to be a valuable resource has turned into a mess. It's a shame. Eric, good luck with your issues. Hopefully things get back on track here & you can get some answers. This forum was a form of support in my recovery, so giving up on it sort of sucks for me, but it's a REAL shame for people that arrive here needing answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

these meds do work for people'. but some of us have to wait things out. i went through that lots of times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hey kelly, thanks for the reply.

I do feel hopeless, but not totally hopeless. The worst thing that could happen to me is i decide to go back on either suboxone or a less potent narcotic. That truely would be a crappy situation, but at least i'd be on something controlled and not out getting high or something. That is truely my last resort though.

As far as shingles being linked to the stuff i'm feeling, honestly i dont know. I need to goto the doctor for some major blood tests this next week and just see if they can rule all the other stuff out. I imagine shingles has a fairly quick onset and doesnt hang around for weeks or months before appears in forms of rashes, but i dont really know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Eric, one thing that i do know about shingles is that it DOES hang around. Once you get it, you have it for the rest of your life. The outbreaks will come and go, but the "disease" itself is there to stay. It is constantly in your system. That's why I was wondering if this is why you feel so terrible and now you finally had an outbreak. So, what I'm wondering is, if when the outbreak is gone....will the rest of the crappy symptoms go away too?? I just dont know. Have you googled "shingles" and tried to find out as much as you can about it? I would.

Hopefully there is a member somewhere out there that has it and can chime in. I just cant help but think that the depression and anxiety symptoms are totally unrelated though. ya know? If your worst case scenario is getting back on sub or SAO, then stay away from them. Absolutely. Unless like you said, its a last resort and is only going to help...I'm so sorry Eric, that I dont have an answer for you. I really really wish I did. I hated feeling like you do. It is such a devestating feeling. I will keep praying for you as I have been. I have a prayer list at night that I added you to. Might sound silly but I've done it since I'm a kid. I like to think it helps to have people praying for you. Can't hurt right?

I'll keep thinking and in the meantime..google shingles....I will too when I get time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

thank you Kelly, that is exceptionally kind of you.

I have googled Shingles. From what i've read, everyone who has had chickenpox has shingles. However, not all of these people will have an actual outbreak (rash). The virus is hiding in the body and in some people it can break out during periods of stress and cause a rash.

It seems like once the virus becomes active for whatever reason, it forms a rash pretty quickly, usually in 3 weeks max according to wikipedia. I've been having my symptoms for as long as I jumped off, so that puts me at about 8 months. And I know people have withdrawal PAWS for up to a year or two, so it's really difficult to say what the real problem is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next