It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:25 am 

That is such great news!!! Thank you for coming back and letting us know how it went! I'm so glad your epidural worked well this time. Congratulations on your new baby boy!

I agree that quitting sub cold turkey would not be a great idea while still nursing him. Please come back here anytime you need support for your eventual taper.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

WOW powerful stuff!! I'm going through a similar situation and your story really lifted my spirits HOWEVER I cannot afford a SUBUTEX doctor so I have not been attaining these pills legally. I take 2 mg once a day and I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Do you mind me asking what state you had you baby in? I'm in Montana...and I've seriously never been so terrified and so excited for an event ever!! Any advice would be appreciated--I just wrote a post yesterday titled 33 weeks pregnant and terrified and the feedback I've received about tapering this far along has mostly been "just don't" so I'm even more concerned... Also when I do try to lower dose or when I don't have access to the SUBUTEX my baby does get more active--which leads me to believe he's withdrawing and we could be two of the unlucky one's that will deal with w/d symptoms and poor NAS scores after birth.... any thoughts???

Congrats on your baby boy and thank you for sharing your uplifting story!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:50 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you so much for your update! I am 5 months pregnant and have been on subutex for two and a half years. I take about 1-2 mg a day. It's not very much in comparison to what many dose daily, but it will still cause w/d in me if I were to quit! I have tried before and failed, never while pregnant though! Under all the impressions I've gotton it's not smart to quit while pregnant for the babies sake! I have been so worried to tell my obgyn so I haven't, and from what I understand they don't specifically text for buporphine at the hospital from your or the baby, and unless your baby has signs of w/d they have no reason to poke around and test for more things! I'm very afraid of cps and my baby being taken away! I found out I was pregnant two months into pregnancy and couldn't quit at that moment. Thank you for replying and checking up! It gives my mind a small about of ease about the whole situation! Thank you!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:50 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello, I know this post is old but I'm brand new and just found this forum, I am a on suboxine & I am 20 weeks pregnant... I am very worried about giving birth while on this medication, I do plan to taper off slowly with the guidance of my dr's however I'm worried about the effects it will have on my child.. I am on 8mgs a day.
I have been on sub treatment for about 2 years now, has anyone given birth to a healthy child with the child not having any withdrawal symptoms? I have seen different forums where women have spoken of it but haven't found anyone who has actually been on suboxine while pregnant & then to hear an update on how the baby was... If anyone has went through this I would love some insight, I know I will need to taper down and be off it by the time she is actually born but I will have still been on the medication while my baby is growing inside of my body, I will get back on after she is born as it has made my life so much better then before ( basically used opiates for many years and ruined my life) now I am a successful women with a husband and great life this medicine has truly helped me get everything I ever lost back..,
Anywho any stories please help me ;)
Thank you!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi, welcome to the site, and congratulations on your pregnancy. You should talk to your doctor about switching you from Suboxone to Subutex. It's the same thing, except there is no naloxone, so they generally prescribe it for pregnant women.

I'm sure many others will be along soon to give you more advice.

Keep us posted.
Thanks,
Morphing

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:24 am 
New Poster
New Poster

They did attempt to switch me to subutex however it made me feel very ill, like badly.
So the dr. Told me to stop taking it.... So I just went back to be suboxine... I am so mad at myself for taking suboxine while my child is growing inside of me...

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:59 pm 

I'm sure that you would be much more mad at yourself if you relapsed during your pregnancy! You are protecting yourself and your baby by taking your medication.

Amy

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Tattoo,
I hope you get to read this. I just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 11 weeks ago and was taking 6mg subutex when she was born. I actually took suboxone for the first 5-6 months of the pregnancy but switched to subutex when I finally got a prescription. My daughter was born via csection with absolutely no problems. We stayed in the hospital 3 days due to the csection but she was released with me. They scored her every 4 hours for withdrawal symptoms. She scored between 1-4 during our stay (they start to get concerned if babies score above an 8 repeatedly). My nurse explained that even non-bupe exposed babies can score these low scores because some of the symptoms are normal newborn behavior such as sucking and sneezing. Have you researched the NAS scoring? It made me feel better being informed about it going into the birth. Even with those low scores, she was perfectly content.

Today, 11 weeks later, she is thriving! She is a big chunker and has been exclusively breastfed. I am just starting to introduce formula because I need to wean her from breastmilk for other reasons. Just try to relax and know that you are doing what is best for your baby. As you said, the medicine made your successful life possible. Think of it as any other medicine that keeps you healthy. There were quite a few pregnant women at my suboxone clinic and every one that I have talked with has had a healthy baby. I hope this helps to ease your mind some. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:52 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I need help... I am taking suboxone, without a prescription. My fiancé and family do not know. I am scared that when I go into labor that the doctors will tell them. Does anyone know if they will tell the baby's father?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Boxer lover

IMO, the best thing you can do is get to a sub doc for a legal script. All hospitals screen for bupe as far as I know, so if you have a legal script there is less chance of problems with Child protective services.

I am not 100% sure the doctor/hospital will tell your BF but chances are he will find out. They may want to screen him or ask about you.

Can you tell your BF before delivery so he hears it from you and is prepared when you go into labor?

You did the best thing by using sub to get out of active addiction. Good luck.

Do you know the gender of your baby?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:13 am 

I'm with tiki, I think the hospital will know what all u have been taking and if u don't have a valid script that could mean child protective services could come in after that. I don't see how the father of the baby wouldn't find out honestly. If they monitor ur baby for withdrawal then if ur bf is there he will find out I'm assuming.

I know this has to be scary. But u did do the right thing by getting on sub and out of active addiction during ur pregnancy. Unfortunately it's going to be a lot better for everyone if u had a valid script for the suboxone. Is there any chance to get a sub Dr? Does ur OB know that ur taking sub or that ur an addict? U really need to come clean with all these ppl and come up with a plan because this is something that ur not going to be able to hide when that baby gets here. But I do want u to know that it's a good thing that u chose sub instead of using and anyone should be willing to help u, but they can't if they don't know the truth. Ur gonna need all the support u can get and it'd be a huge weight lifted off ur shoulders if u didn't have to hang onto this secret. I know it's hard, but u can do this!! I wish u all the luck in the world and congrats on the baby.