It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:06 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

and she thinks since she has only been doing this for one yr of her life- she can go on a 3 day bupe detox and be 'normal' ...LOL
(its really not that funny).

I'm currently in maintenance and doing well. I'm making good money, house, ..I CHOOSE LIFE
she doesn't understand any of this and when trying to educate her..she will change the tv channel -ugh

THE POINT- she is an addict with a disease and needs long term maintenance. period. I don't understand why so many bupe users want to come off the drug???don't they know the recidivism rate for opioid addicts? the work, therapy etc and on and on? I DON'T GET IT!!!
can some of you enlighten me?

Post subject: day 28 no suboxone
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:48 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am in a hurry, but I will be back to answer you this.

Post subject: Ok, I'm back
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:01 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I firmly believe that the methadone program and/or the suboxone program when used the right way can be life saving, I experienced it first hand, and I went through both of them, starting from 120mg. There is a point where nothing else will work, detox is out of the question in your mind, and you cant even make it to the dope house anymore without driving with a trash bag in your hand. Methadone is great for those kinds of situations, and once I got down to a low enough dose (14mg) I switched over to 8mg of suboxone, and tapered off of that in a few months. Which also technically did what it was supposed to do but no matter what dose I was on, I woke up sick, even when I was holding 120 the first 7 or 8 months I was in the program. On top of everything else, feeling like the medicine was running out before I went to bed, waking up with sweats, on the higher doses of methadone it affected the way I walked and my speech, the list goes on, I promise. There are several reasons why I chose to separate from the program. Mainly because I just chose not to be a lifer anymore. Almost two years of tapering before I even made it to suboxone and I'm the second person I ever met out of everyone I ever spoke to at the clinic that was actively decreasing their dosage. The woman I saw was taking her last dose of methadone, forever, the day that I spoke with her. The next day I dropped from 120 to 117, and that's a true story.

I am sure everyone here that is decreasing their medication, in an attempt to relieve themselves of this, has more reasons for doing so than they could tell you in a conversation. I am better off without it, I feel better now that I'm off of it. Its that simple. What would happen if your city got hit by another serious hurricane 400 miles wide and you weren't able to get to the clinic? These were my kind of concerns. I'm 22 years old, I don't need this.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:36 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I hope she can come to realize that being on a maintainence dose of suboxone is nothing to be ashamed of or nothing to be worried about. If that keeps her or anyone from using again, then whats wrong with that. Maybe you can have her read some of this forum or some other info online. Or, maybe she might have to learn the hard way, which I hope is not the case by any means. Whatever does end up happening, she should know that she isn't alone. We all at one time or another thought we had control of it, but I like others did not and here I am. Staying on the suboxone for me is safe and practical for the time being. I will change that accordingly if something comes up in the future, but for now I will be on suboxone for a while as I see it.

Good luck, I hope everything works out for the both of you!!!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject: thanks for reply:)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:47 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I hate to say it but....it looks as though she is learning the hard way. She has NEVER been to rehab and doesn't understand addiction. It might take tuff love. I'm keeping a close eye on the funds and she is starting to understand she needs more to feel the abnormal normal-hence-understanding about painful wds. She wants to watch the subox video(which i think sucks), but it is showing interest :D I hid her oxycodone(he,he) :evil: and will give it back after she watches EVERY single Dr. j u-tube video. I love her and want her to be a well respected, pta, charity involved, healthy person again. thanks for the replies and I'll keep posting progress(fingers crossed)..

Post subject: four_tweeny
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:07 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I think that is amazing and you are one of the few I know that stopped everything. congrats and keep it up!! Do you work the steps, council, still have cravings ? This is exactly what my girlfriend wants, but she has already done a bupe 4 day detox...then she was using 2 days later :( actually, this has happened twice. This is why I'm pushing maintenance- at least untill she can grasp the recovery concept and admit she has NO control.

me...ha...I'm thirty and lets just say this isn't my first rodeo LOL... I know a good deal about this disease, but she needs to listen. As I stated, I took her oxy/roxi :twisted: and it might come down to tuff love. Thanks for any replies and letting me vent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good for you!! Do whatever you need to do to save her. She will thank you in the end and you will be glad. I obviously do not have to tell you this because from the sounds of it you know what to expect and you know what you are doing. Good luck and keep us posted on what happens.

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali