It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:36 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello my Girlfriend is taking subutex. and she wants to do the rapid withdraw. where they put you under. if she does the tape down for the withdraw will that work too? And she doesn't want to go to meetings or really get support. I just wondering what can I do to help her. She tells me not to mention it anymore. but is there anything I can do thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:32 pm 

Hey Jerm welcome and it's pretty great that ur reaching out for advice for ur gf. She honestly needs all the support she can get. We're addicts for life, no matter how long we've been in recovery we're still going to have to be working on it for life.

How long has she been on sub? I don't know anything about the rapid detox, I wish I could help ya better with information on it. I'm sure someone here does and will hopefully be along shortly with more details. Just remember that some people get so comfortable with sub that they start feeling like they've got this so under control and don't do anything else to help work on their recovery, so try to encourage her to maybe go to a meeting or an addiction counselor would help too.

I wish ur gf lot's of luck and she is lucky to have someone like u that cares enough about her recovery to reach out and ask questions. Good luck!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Jerm,

Hi there!! So glad your gf has your strong interest to help her - really cool for you to reach out here for help!

Since your gf is set on doing this, I'm not going to spend time trying to tell you ways to talk her out of it and instead, give you some info so you can better prepare for what you might encounter.

My suggestion is to go to the search function at the top of the page and enter in rapid detox (RD). This might help you set your expectations as to what her outcome might be. Especially, read the responses from Dr. J, aka the suboxdoc or admin1. Seriously, read these. and maybe one day get your gf to read as well. These RD places make incredible promises of a drug free life immediately after, but that rarely happens. Getting thru the WDs is only the first step. The brain is still going thru huge change after WDs, and RD is rarely enough to = a drug free life. When you search here, you will find RD did not help but maybe one, Nightmare, that came back after 2 yrs still drug free. Chaz made it for a little while. And then there is me. I did RD, wanting the easy way out. I was set on doing it, so convinced and convicted it was going to work!! Spent $28K, had a horrid time, relapsed w/in 10 days!!! I should not have been surprised bc at the group training for patients and families undergoing RD the next day, 3 were there for the 2nd time. When I went for my discharge, the MD was yelling at a patient bc this was her 2nd time there and he said if she failed again, not to ever come back bc he will not do anyone more than 2 Xs. In my sickness, after my relapse, I even thought about doing RD again... so S A D. I'll save the rest of my story except to say that I did eventually get on bup, worked hard on my recovery (still do) and was able to stop bup a few yrs ago.

I hope your GF is one of the rare ones with RD success =ing a drug free life. I wish you my very best as you search for ways to learn and support her...