It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Getting worried
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok yea I am worried. I saw my doctor on the 27th of November he gave me my subs for 2 weeks and said he may not be in for my next appointment and if he's not I will see the other sub doc. Well they called me yesterday and said he will be out and I can't see the other doctor, why I don't know. So they gave me another appointment for the 14 of December. I went in today and told them that I will run out a week before and asked them what should I do. They said we are working on it and to call on Tuesday and they may have it ready. If they don't I will b out on Wednesday and won't have any till I see my doctor on Tuesday the 14th. Anyone have any idea what I should do. All I can do is hope that they have it for me on Tuesday or I will be in trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:03 pm 
Personally, i would be up their tuesday until you got your prescription or whatever they're gonna do for you. If the doctor just leaves you hanging, that sound like malpractice. He cant just put a patient in danger like that. I would be up their raisin hell. That may sound harsh but sometimes you do what you gotta do. If you've been with this doctor for awhile it would especially sound like malpractice if he didnt give you enough med to last until he can see you again. Just my opinion. Hope this helps!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yea man I have been on suboxone since October 6. I don't have any clue what's going on The funny thing is he told me on the 27 th that he may be out. The funny thing is he told me on the 27th that he may be out. Then they call me yesterday and said he will be out sick. I was like are u kidding me you know a week in advance that he gonna be sick after he told me that he may be out. As I was waiting to see my counselor today there was 2 people who came in to talk to the office with the same problem. That they canceled there appointment and they are in the same boat as me and will run out before theses next appointment. If the doc needs to be out that fine but he told me that he may be out and I can't figure out that if he knew he would be out why could he not write me a script for a month instead of 2 weeks.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If you get to the point where you run out and the office can't (or won't) help you, emergency departments have the ability to write a script for sub for like 3 days. I'm not sure about the time limit, and I know that it's not much, but it is something. The whole thing is crazy, if you ask me. What dose are you on? Can you cut back just a little bit to try to stretch it out a little longer? Also, many of us (myself included) try to take less every so often so we have a bit of a "back-stock", so to speak. This way I know I don't have to worry about running out. I know that doesn't help you now, but for the future, it's a thought.

I really hope this works out for you. Hang in there and do keep us posted.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I did not know about the e.r so that good to know. I have been on sub since October and my doc and I have changed my dose a few times. Right now I takin 8mg a day so starting today I am breaking my remaining 3 in half to hope they last. Like I said they told me to call Tuesday and they may have it ready. If I can make it on a half for a few days I may be ok. Unless they make me wait till my next (rescheduled) appointment. So if I have to go to the e r then I will. What kills me the most is I over heard two people yesterday at my dice complain about the same issue. It makes me think that,ummm yea you guys are setting people up for a relapse. Well I guess I just have to hope they write me a script Tuesday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:30 am 
This definitely blows my mind. Like you said, how do you know your gonna be sick a week from now? lol. Thats crazy!! Your doctor should have done his job an given you enough too last until your rescheduled appointment. Thats the righ thing to do. Im still just totally not believing he can do this. You have been taking this medication long enough that if you stopped it abruptly, you would be putting yourself in danger. Physically as well as a chance of relapse. That sounds like hes not following the, i will do no harm oath. Its most definitely gonna cause you harm if he doesnt do his job in this situation. I really hope that they get you taken care of on tuesday. Let us know what happens. As for saving up extras, i would definitely try to do that in the future. I know i have quite a bit extra. Anyways, goodluck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:09 am 
WOW... that is malpractice.. But, I know the er can write I think 3 days worth for you. Also if you dont want to go to the er you can drop your dose by just 2mg. I bet you wont even feel it. This way what you have will last you longer. I do bet that all works out. That office knows they cant just leave you hanging. This is why I stop telling my sub doc that I dropped my dose. He would get so angry when I brought it up so I just stoped. He didnt know if I cash in every script or not. I always had 30 or more extra pills.

I wish you luck.. very unfair. Dont let fear direct your life.. try and stay in today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:12 am 
WOW... that is malpractice.. But, I know the er can write I think 3 days worth for you. Also if you dont want to go to the er you can drop your dose by just 2mg. I bet you wont even feel it. This way what you have will last you longer. I do bet that all works out. That office knows they cant just leave you hanging. This is why I stop telling my sub doc that I dropped my dose. He would get so angry when I brought it up so I just stoped. He didnt know if I cash in every script or not. I always had 30 or more extra pills.

I wish you luck.. very unfair. Dont let fear direct your life.. try and stay in today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I do thank you guys for your concern, and starting yesterday I dropped my dose to 4 mg I don't think I felt much different I was really tired, but I can't say that's because of the reduction in dose because I don't know if it's that or just work. So I am nreally just holding bout some hope that they say that have a script when I call Tuesday. I think if I don't get it, and I run out I will most def go to er for at least so
Something before I relapse. I will let you know what happens Tuesday

Post subject: Please
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:22 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I'm sure you don't need to relapse, This a learning experience.. Maybe 4mg is enough, you might be surprised.. From what I've read around here, relapsing while having Suboxone on your receptors is not fun.. You may need a week to do it, Trust me opiates are still kicking ass out there, stay here, Good Luck Buddy, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:47 am 
Once I was in a similar situation, I was out of sub and couldn't get an appointment. I just went to the doc's office and sat in the waiting room until someone dealt with me. Sure enough, the doc squeezed me in and I got my script. If your office deals with sub patients they have to know that a person can't just stop abruptly because the doc is out.
There really is something to be said for them seeing you in person, if you live close enough to do it. It's really hard to look someone in the face and turn them away. I would go in Monday, if possible. Best of luck to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:21 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Lilly's got the answer, Camp out in his office if you have to, MIKE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:35 pm 
I concur i would definitely go up their probably even on monday just to be on the safe side. I really truly dont believe nor do i see how your doctor could refuse to give you the medication seeing how you will be at risk if he doesnt. At risk for relapse as well as your health. Im sure you may be able to handle withdawal but its not good to put your body through that. Anyways, let us know. Goodluck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:26 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

i would def go into the office so that you can bug them face to face. I had a similair sitauatin where my dr scheduled me then went out of town for a holiday which was right when i had my appt. I spaced my dose out, i was on 1.5 and cut down to 1/4 -1/2 to make it last. I mean yeah it sucked but it didnt suck as bad as it could have it i had run out. I made sure to take a dose in the morning (i would wait as long as i could tto take it), then i would try to wait 9-12 hours before taking another quarter. you will be fine, i did have a little differnt issue though, because when i went to my dr he told me that i just didnt have the 800 number to call for emergencies WTF i did all that for nothing. anyways, good luck!!i really think you will get your script tuesday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

when I first started subs and would run out early.. Id order a bottle of kratom tincture.. its a herb used all over the world.. kinda expensive but it works.. if that happens.. sorry youre doctor sounds very ignorant and unsympathetic.. I would have called ALL week until I heard what I wanted.. how can he just do that?... its hard to find a doctor thats educated in regards to subs and compassionate towards their patients

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well guess what happend guys? I called them today and they said yes we do have a script for you. So I went and picked it up and guess what? They gave it to me and canceled my next appointment on the 14th. Now my next one is not till Jan 11. So yea it gets better I go drop off my script and they say ok come back in 45 minutes. So I go back and here we go oops sorry we are out of stock. So now I am starting to fuckin get hot this is a joke. They said to call the
Tomarrow to see if they have it in. Well I guess now I know to always be careful and ration my subs and always have back up since I am dependent on the subs the doc and the pharmacy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:06 pm 
Thats great news!! If its anything like the pharmacy i use, they always have to order my medication because they dont keep it in stock(namebrand subutex). They are able to get it in the very next day after they order it. So, dont worry im sure it will be their tomorrow. The main thing was, getting your prescription. The prescription was your access to the medication and thats really all you need. So, i think everything worked out great other than a little bump in the road. Are you completely out of medication?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yea Your right At least I got the script and I have 4 mg left for tomorrow so hopefully they will have it and everything will work out. And thanks alot for your advice these past few days

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:23 pm 
No problem, no problem at all!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Sphinx,

I've been following your thread, but unfortunately I couldn't come up with any good advice. Anyways, I'm glad to hear you'll get your script tomorrow, wish it was today.

It burns me up how some doctors treat their sub patients. The doctor knows he has a captive audience and they proceed to abuse us, be it through money or lack of respect or downright idiotic behavior on their part and possibly their staff too. My last app't with my sub Dr. I wanted to let loose a tapestry of profanity to the whole office that would still be echoing off the walls of that office even today as we speak, but I somehow refrained...wish I wouldn't have though. My appointments went from $125 the first year to just south of $400 (that's here in Ky!), plus she was charging my insurance for the last several months. I needed my meds so I wasn't going to rock the boat. The nurses were witchy at best, at worst I wanted to rip into them like no one's business.

Thank goodness not all suboxone doctors or staff are like this, I have to believe that the losers are the minority.

Again, glad things are getting closer to being resolved.