It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:42 pm 
I'm just gonna cut to the chase. I just scheduled my oral surgery (finally) for the 26th of this month. Just about comfortable at .75 mg/day of generic bupe, insufflated (higher ba and more consistent dosing. No, my doctor does not recommend this ROA).

I know I need to just woman up in a sense..I am lucky this is just my wisdom teeth and not a more serious procedure, but my wisdom teeth are FUCKED. Sideways, infected, the only one that is partially emergent is covered in decay (idk how, I take awesome care of my teeth and haven't had a cavity in years). It causes me a decent amount of pain that comes and goes. The nurses told me that as far as a wisdom teeth surgery goes, this one is somewhat severe.

So, the doc knows about the Subutex, because he is his own anesthesiologist and they are going to be knocking me out for this. It was a whole big thing getting my Sub doc and the oral surgeon to talk, but they finally did and my Sub doc told him to write me 3-4 days of percocet and told him my tolerance should be normal because I am on such a small amount (I was there for the convo. By the way, my Sub doc thinks I am on 2 mg/day). I know that is bullshit..maybe after a week when all the Sub has left my body I won't need much, but 5-10 mg of percocet every 4-6 hours isn't gonna cut it for me. I had a decent sized habit awhile ago, but in the 18 months I've been on Sub, I have only used 6-7 times, the last time being more than 3 months ago. By the way, I lost a lot of respect for my Sub doc over this. Even with the extra percs, I could still be in deep shit. If I had actually trusted the doctors with my pain relief 100%, I'd be out in the cold.

It has been so long since I have been in the game, I couldn't get anything off the street myself. My angelic girlfriend (non drug user) was able to organize me about 50 5 mg percocets, and the doctor is gonna write me 3-4 days worth of percocets (hoping for 10s but who knows).

My question to you all obviously is, how should I go about this? I have been on Sub for a year and a half, so I know I have a decent amount stored up in my body. Again, I've been on it 18 months but I'd say for 9 of the months I've been on 4 mg/day or less. I know I am going to want to get as low on the Sub as possible as soon as possible, and then stop as long as possible before the procedure. Starting tomorrow I am going to drop down to .675 for 3 days or so and then down to .5. I'm aiming to be at .25/day..let's see.

I am trying to decide if I should use 10-20 of the percocets to try and stay off the Sub for longer? I have a really fast metabolism due to a thyroid problem and I don't think I can make it more than 36 hours with no opiates, MAYBE 48 tops (and partially maybe I'm just a wimp). Maybe I should stop the Sub 4-5 days before the surgery and take percocet for 24-48 hours in advance of it? I have a full schedule taking 18 credit hours so I am not going to be able to just lay around until after the surgery.

What do you all think?

I know .75 sounds like such a tiny amount..but I've read stories on here from someone (I forgot who) who said they were taking 1 mg/day and still had really major problems with pain relief after a surgery. We all know Sub is some fucking strong shit..

I smoke a decent amount of weed, so I am going to make edibles for afterwards, and I also have some extra 15 mg temazepams.

The question is, how to go about this to get the most pain relief?

Post subject: Pointer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

One point I might would suggest is do not let yourself get into an extreme amount of pain in between doses of percs. When you become desperate to get rid of the pain you can and will waste some of your percs. When you feel the pain begin immediatley treat that pain etc...try not to think so much about not taking it for so many hours between pills just treat the pain as it appears. You should expect to only be in pain for 2 to 3 days at most. So I think you have plenty of pills with the script and the gf. Abide by all suggestions to avoid dry pocket/socket as there is no way to get that pain under control. Good Luck

Post subject: Re: Pointer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:00 am 
finallyachance wrote:
One point I might would suggest is do not let yourself get into an extreme amount of pain in between doses of percs. When you become desperate to get rid of the pain you can and will waste some of your percs. When you feel the pain begin immediatley treat that pain etc...try not to think so much about not taking it for so many hours between pills just treat the pain as it appears. You should expect to only be in pain for 2 to 3 days at most. So I think you have plenty of pills with the script and the gf. Abide by all suggestions to avoid dry pocket/socket as there is no way to get that pain under control. Good Luck

Thank you for the good advice

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kratom

Apparently it fixes everything.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had my wisdom teeth surgically removed when I was 18. Mine were bad too, impacted and sideways. I didn't have much pain at all and only took the hydro for 2 days. It was just sore and honestly I could have gotten by with no opiates if it was necessary. Hopefully your experience will be like mine and you won't have much pain.

Post subject: real pain/perceived pain
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:11 pm 
I’m more or less going to mirror what Breezy had to say…I had my wisdom teeth removed before I was on large amounts of opioids regularly, had just started using them in fact, so my tolerance wasn’t huge at the time when I did use. My procedure was also a more difficult one according to the Doctor as I had issues very similar to yours. I was given ‘only’ tramadol and Tylenol #3 after the procedure, and not very many of them, I think it was 15-20 of each. The Tylenol #3 was to use in cases of more severe pain, tramadol if the pain wasn’t very severe but wasn’t completely relieved by only ibuprophen. I was encouraged to use only Ibuprophen whenever possible. I’m an addict, I have ALWAYS been an addict, IMO, so I wanted hundreds of morphine, hydromorphone or oxycodone tablets and really fretted over the fact that I was ‘under medicated,’ but if I’m going to tell the truth, I totally could have gotten by on Ibuprophen alone for the couple days I needed anything at all. At the time, again in active addiction, I used all the narcotics I was given in the first day to get high rather than to kill the very minor pain but of course a few days later I called and complained that ‘the tramadol didn’t work at all and the Tylenol #3’s weren’t working very well either,’ and ‘naively’ asked if there was anything stronger as I ‘still needed something’ a few days later….Didn’t happen as it seems to me that non-addicts have a sense of pain being more based in reality than addicts such as myself who tend to exaggerate any symptoms whose ‘cure’ is controlled substances. Hopefully you’ll have an experience similar to Breezy and I regarding the real level of pain.

--Travis