It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Verdana] [/font] Hi there. I've been lurking for a while. I'm 25 and I have been addicted to any and every type of opiate pain killer. It started with a diagnosis of degenerative disc disease at age 23. I was sent to a pain clinic. Doctor's solution was to prescribe 120 vicodin a month and 90 tramadol. I used as directed for a little while but before long, I was taking more and more and running out before I was supposed to. I started buying off the street. I ended up getting kicked out of the pain clinic after a year because I tested dirty for percocets twice that were not prescribed to me. It didn't curb my habit, just cost me more money to buy solely off of dealers. The last 6 months have gotten worse. My brother was my best friend and he died of a heroin overdose recently. That's where things really took a turn for the worse, I guess. I am a stay at home mom to a beautiful two year old little man. My husband is a wonderful, strong man. He does not mean to enable me but he financially supports my habit because he has to work his ass off and needs to make sure I am not sick so I can care for our son. He is getting sick of it though and it is taking a major toll on us financially and in our relationship. I know he resents the money he has thrown away on my pill habit and I do not blame him. I have decided to start suboxone. I have an appointment on Monday. I have medicaid and the only place I could find that would accept my insurance is a community clinic. I think I am just going to get evaluated on Monday by an intake person and then get a follow up appointment with the doctor to actually start the medicine. The only concern I have is that the place I am going to is very strict and only does a 2 week suboxone treatment. After 2 weeks you are totally cut off, no exceptions. I am just going to suck it up and start there and during the 2 weeks I have, going to be trying to find another doctor that will work with me. Filling the subs will be no problem with my insurance, just the cash only doctor visits at first will be difficult. Does anybody know if some doctors will see you and send a bill giving 30 days or so to pay the office visit? I am not nervous or scared to start. I am excited and wish I could start like, tomorrow. I am nervous about finding another doctor after my 2 week treatment at this clinic is up though. 2 weeks is just not long enough with the amount I've been using. I feel like I need a good 6-12 months on suboxone to work on my emotional issues and bipolar disorder in therapy before tapering. Anyway, thanks to whoever is listening (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI :wink:
Im glad your finding your way out of that deep dark hole, we call addiction.

You know, if I were you, Id go ahead and start with the two week program, do whatever it takes to get in there, but be looking NOW for a suboxone doctor that works on a sliding scale or anything like that. You know, even if you had to pay cash for a doctor appt every month, probly every two weeks to start, its still gonna be WAYYYYY cheaper than active addiction. At the end of my ten year 'roll' I was spending $150 A DAY.
I have no insurance, so I paid cash for my appts, and paid cash, around $500 a month for my suboxone. It was still a savings. And then I got on patient assistance from RB, which pays for your sub for one year..... that expires in october.

ANYWAYS, my doctor uses a sliding scale type of thing.
So you might try that .....
theres lots of links to find doctors ,,, heres a few that I know, hopefully hat will come along and post the ones I always forget!!
http://www.suboxone.com/patients/opioid ... octor.aspx
http://www.treatmentmatch.org/

hope that helps.........
I think your chances of sucess would be greatly increased if you were able to find a place willing to treat you longer than two weeks!!
for me, its been 15 months, and Im also a pain patient,,, BUT you know, its up to the PERSON in treatment, how long THEY think they need it.

Hope that helps.
your in the right place, keep posting any questions you may have.
I was also going to say, they will most likely do your induction when you go to the first appt, if you are in "moderate " w/d. If you take suboxone TOO soon, you can get precipitated w/d, which is like three days of w/d all in four hours. Ive never experienced it, but thats what Ive heard!!
Anyways, if your on a 'short acting' opiate, like vicodin, percocet, oxy, the NORMAL time is only 12-24 hours from your last dose. for long acting ones, methadone/morphine is about 24-48 hours.
they have a 'scale' they use to kind of 'gauge' withdrawl, and like I said, if your in "moderate" w/d you should be good to go. heres the link
http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/attachement ... N_COWS.pdf

well, thats everything I can think of!!

good luck :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Joanie 512 and welcome to the forum! I know that things can be a little scar at first. Hell, any change is at least a little scary at first. But try to rememer that this is a change for the better. I can speak from experience when I say that my life has changed so much in the last 2 months. And it's all for the better. I am a stay at home mommy to a 16 month old little man. He deserves a mother that isn't screwed up on pills all the time. I can't believe how much better I feel. I play with him all the time. Take him to playgrounds, swimming, camping, etc... And the best part is....I actually enjoy it. I enjoy seeing him smile and hearing him giggle! I don't want him to look back on his child hood and say that his mom was a pill head and that his child hood sucked!

You are doing the right thing. I agree with Amber when she said get into that clinic, and start looking for a doctor NOW. Don't wait til after that initial appt. I think that you aren't going to have to worry about the financial aspect either. The amount of money you will pay a subdoc, is WAAAAY less than what you will pay for pills on the street. At least where I live anyway.

Feel free to post here if you have any more questions, or just need to vent. This is a very supportive forum!

Good luck on your journey, and Welcome!!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:13 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi and Welcome Joanie 572! I am fairly new here too but I would definately agree with Amber and Goinstrong that you should try and find a Dr now as well. Maybe the Clinic that's giving the 2 week program will be able to provide some Dr's names/numbers for long term treatment. If it was me I would stress the fact that you are in pain and that's your greatest concern, it seems that many health care professionals relate better to a pain patient (which it seems you are) than an addict. I hope all works out well for you and Congrats for taking this first step on getting your life in order! They're many wise people on this Forum and I've learned a ton by reading and asking so you're on the right track!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Joanie! I am pretty new to suboxone too, I just started on July 2nd! Your story sounds a lot like mine, only I've been using longer. It started out pretty small, getting a prescription for hydros, then I was in a car accident and they upped my dose extremely, but it still wasn't enough. I was spending at least $1000-$1500 a month on more pills. Well, I should say my husband was, because I too am a stay at home mom. I have a beautiful 14 month old daughter. My husband enabled me for the same reasons, he works long hours and he never wanted me to be sick when I was out of pills so, he helped me. I was so tired of looking at that man and knowing how much he loved me and getting us deeper and deeper in debt because of my pill habit and addiction.

I finally made an appt with a sub doctor. I was very scared though to start the suboxone, sounds like you're more ready than I was, and that's great! My first appointment cost $400. When I got to the pharmacy, I was told my ins wouldn't pay for the med until they got a "prior approval" from the dr., which made me think WTF? If my dr. wasn't approving it, he wouldn't have written me the script, but I had to get a weeks worth because it was $100. I did use the sub card that the drs. office gave me, you should be able to ask them for one or print it out online and take to the pharm, it pays for $50 of your out of pocket. I finally did get the approval though and my scripts are going to cost $30 a month. You may want to check with your ins though first and make sure you aren't going to need that prior approval before you go to the pharm.

Even the initial costs though were lower than what I was spending on pills. I would definetly keep your appt and start the 2 week program, but I would look now and have a dr. lined up that would see you for long term treatment. Everything has changed for me since I started the subs! I can play more with my daughter because the sub takes care of the pain. I take her to the pool more and to the playground. My attitude has changed, my outlook on life, EVERYTHING!

I would be concerned though if I knew I had only 2 weeks on the subs! I don't think as an addict I could quit in 2 weeks. If I were to be out of subs, I know me, and I'd be right back to using. That may be different for you, but not for me. My dr. says I'll be on subs for at least a year, more like 2 or 3. That's ok with me though, I know this is better than being high everyday. Well, I actually wasn't even high, I was chasing that high I used to get with the pills in the beginning. I could never quite "get there" like before and I was spending every dime we had to try to get there. It was ridiculous. We still have a long way to go before we're caught up with bills and our mortgage, but I don't have to worry anymore like I used to. I don't have to budget for pills before anything else now. It makes such a difference...

Good Luck to you and Congratulations on making that appt. We're all rooting for you!

Post subject: Thanks guys!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Verdana] [/font] Thanks everyone for the support and encouraging words. I'm so glad I found this forum. I know a lot of people are scared at first but I'm just not. I've been reading this forum for a long time and I think it's really helped me to feel at ease about my choice and know that it's the best thing for me.

Nothing could be scarier than my addiction, anyway. I realized I needed help earlier this week. None of my regulars were holding, everyone was out. Do you know what my brilliant idea was? I decided I would break my foot with a cinderblock in order to go to the hospital and score some pills. I literally had taken a rubber band, wrapped it around my ankle to cut off circulation to my foot to make it numb so it wouldn't hurt *as bad* when I did it. I was standing outside, holding a 30lb cinderblock up to my chest, eyes squeezed shut, getting ready to drop it on my own foot! A bird flew by and made a loud noise which snapped me out of it. I looked down, at myself and what I had come to just to get some pills and thought 'are you fucking kidding me right now?' Ugh. I can't believe I even thought about it. I am so ashamed.

I have been calling around all day. I think I have some promising leads. But now my initial appointment at the 2 week clinic has been moved from Monday to Wednesday because I guess the woman over scheduled herself. I've got to do something soon guys. I am losing it.

Post subject: Invisible_shadow
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Invisible_Shadow

I followed your post about starting from the beginning. Your post specifically is what made me pick up the phone and call around for a sub program. Your story was so similar to mine. When I read about you coming home the first day and dancing with your daughter, I was in tears. I want so bad to have that with my son. I have tricked myself into thinking that I am a 'better' mother when I'm on pills because I feel like getting outside with him, etc. I don't want to have to go in the bathroom and snort a percocet in order to go outside with my kid. He is everything to me, my life, my reason for waking up each morning. He deserves better. He deserves what you have started giving your daughter.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you sharing your story really gave me the extra push I needed to get my shit together and I really appreciate your openness. It's so hard to admit you are an addict and a mother. People always assume the worst-that your kid isn't clean, fed, cared for, etc and that's not always the case. I have been scared to talk to a doctor about my problem because I thought they would call CPS on me just for admitting I was a pill addict, even though I was seeking help. Your story really encouraged me that there are understanding and caring doctors out there who don't crucify a mother for having this problem. Thank you so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joanie,

I just saw your last post, directed to me and I am in tears. My husband asked me what was wrong, and I read him your reply. I was sobbing and read it over and over. I am honestly so happy that my story, my post, made that much of a difference to one person. It's scary to admit you're an addict, especially as a parent. It's scary to post your personal business, and it's scary to start something new like this and give up something that you've depended on way too much for way too long. I've been going to N/A meetings, and I keep hearing that in order for a recovering addict to get and stay clean, "you have to give it away," and that meaning you have to help others in their recovery as much as you can it order to keep it. I feel like today, for the first time, I "gave it away," and that's what I need to help me recover.

It's amazing to think that my story and my post helped someone make that first call, but it feels amazing to know that it did. I am so happy for you, and right now I am so happy that I joined this forum, even more than when I was using this forum as a support for myself. I always wondered if at some point in my journey I'd ever help another addict, and today I know that I did. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for posting what you did.

I completely understand what you mean about people thinking that an addicts child is usually one who isn't clean, fed, or taken care of. That's not usually the case. Addicts are ordinary people, with ordinary lives that got taken over by pain pills. We're moms, wives, daughters, friends... I never neglected my daughter, but I did have to look at her knowing that I "needed" to take pills in order to really play with her, or dance with her, or just enjoy her. It sucks as a mom to plan around your refill date in order to take your kid some place fun, but it happens and we are not bad mothers. We are good moms, who realize this and want to do better by our children.

Your post about trying to hurt yourself just to get a script... honey, I know. I know it all too well. Those thoughts have crossed my mind a time or two, and then reality hits, and I'm like "Really?, what on earth was I thinking?" I've never done it, but as you read in my post, I was actually happy when I had kidney stones! It's sad, I was relieved because I knew that I'd get a script. I hate that I thought that way and that those pills were worth more than my health. We all know that kidney stones hurt like hell, but at the time it was just another prescription of pain killers for me...

Again, thank you for your post. You've helped me in my recovery more than you know. I wish that for you as well, I'll be praying for you that everything works out well and you get into a good dr who understands, and you can stay on the subs as long as you and your dr are both comfortable with! Hugs to you momma, you're making the right decision! Please keep us updated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi Joanie! I have been thinking about you, and I know you're appt. was today, not sure what time. Have you already gone or are you getting ready to go? Please let us all know how it went! I've been praying for you girl!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone! Hey Invisible! Sorry I did not get back sooner! Everything has worked out to be sooo perfect! You know how I said that they told me they would only treat me with suboxone for 2 weeks? Well, it turns out that the program is mostly used for free by people without insurance (no sliding scale, just free-how cool is that?) Because of the cost and needing to be able to get other people struggling in to be treated, they only treat the free patients for 2 weeks (enough to get them through withdrawal and taper down I suppose). Since I do have insurance, it will be up to the doctor and I how long I stay on it. The intake woman I met with today suggested at least 6 months though! She just misunderstood me on the phone when I made the first appointment and didn't realize I had insurance! I am sooo relieved by this because all the other doctors I've been calling didn't take my insurance or were at their patient limit, etc. I go to do my induction at 10:30am on Friday!!!! I am literally counting down the minutes here, folks. I am so ready to start my new life. Today was the 1 year anniversary of my brother's death to a heroin overdose (what a coincidence huh? that my first appointment to get on sub fell on this day). I do believe he helped make it turn out this way and I hope he is proud of me.

I do have a question though. My dealers have been out of supply since Sunday. I have not had a *typical* opiate since then. In order to make it to my induction, I have been using Loperamide in very high doses (like 60-100mg a day) [in very high doses it not only prevents withdrawal for me but I actually do get 'high' just the same as oxy or hydro, etc-I'm not going to argue about this, it works for *me* and I know it is not very safe. I'm just trying to get by until Friday]. Anyway, my question is, how do I figure out when I need to stop the lope in time for my induction? I know lope has a longer half life than oxy and the other short acting opiates I am used to so... any experience with this? I was thinking I would take my last dose of lope tonight and not take anything tomorrow at all and be ready to take sub on Friday morning? I'm not sure if this is long enough though so, if anyone knows anything about this please let me know.

Invisible_Shadow-I am SO glad my response meant so much to you because sharing your story really meant a lot to me. You deserve to take some credit because you sharing your story really did give me the one last push that I needed. Thank you so much for remembering me and asking how my intake went. Is it Friday yet?!?!?! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yay! So happy that things worked out the way they did and you'll be treated longer! What a relief! It is also great about the appointment falling on the anniversary of your bros OD. It is great because I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and what better way to honor your bro than you getting clean on that date? God works in mysterious ways, and you have your brother watching over you now too and I'm sure he will be smiling on Friday knowing that you are getting the help you need to quit abusing pain meds! That is wonderful!

I don't know so I can't help you with your question about lope. I'm sure someone will be able to tell you here...

Thanks again for all you have done to help me, and I am so glad I was able to give you that little kick in the right direction. I had my follow up appointment today as well, everything is still going great for me on the subs so I am certain I made the right decision! I'll still be praying for you and thinking about you. Let us know how it goes! Hopefully somebody can jump on and answer you question!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi guys! I just want to tell the two of you that I have been reading and following your posts. My story is kind of spread out all over the forum, in different responses to posts. But you two are SPEAKING MY STORY FOR ME!!! The self injury just to obtain pills, the need for pills to be able to play with my child, all of it. I sat here like a freaking bafoon, bawling my eyes out reading your stories and responses to each other.

Joanie, the loperamide, stop today!!!! I also used this when I had no pills. The half life is indeed longer just like you said. Come to!!!morrow morning, you should be feeling shitty enough to be induced without precipitated withdrawals. I've used this and Lomotil when I was out before. I almost have to lagh at myself now that I look back and think "ok, was I seriously overdosing on diarrhea meds???!!!" Who does that??? LOL Congratulations to you!!!

Invisiblw Shadow, Question. Did your heart just swell up to the point of tears when you realized that there are other moms out there who love, and take care of their children, just like you? Mine did. I am so proud of you both, and me, for choosing our children over drugs. It's so true that people think that just because we are pill addicts, that our kids are automatically dirty, hungry, ignored, neglected, and unloved. I know that my 17 month old son is SPOILED! My days revolve around making him happy. He is the center of my universe. He isn't just spoiled with "things". He is spoiled with love, attention, and knows that he is loved too.

I am so happy to have you two on this forum! Keep up the great work, and best of luck to you both!

Joanie, let us know how it goes tomorrow!!!!!

Post subject: Goinstrong and Joanie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joanie, I'm really glad that someone was able to jump in and answer your questions! I hope your feeling crappy this morning! lol and you know I say this because I want you to be able to feel better soon and start your suboxone! Jump on here afterwhile and tell us how you're feeling!

Goinstrong, YES, YES, YES! I am glad I found this forum and can read stories from ladies just like myself! I know that my daughter was never neglected, always clean and fed well, always surrounded with love and attention, but before the subs, I only felt like playing and laughing when I had enough dope to get me by. I was so ashamed and eventhough I knew my daughter was taken care of, I still felt like a bad mommy to her. Like I said before, it's usually not the case with pill heads, that our kids are dirty or hungry. We're just regular people that happen to be addicted to pain pills. I don't think that anyone who didn't know me would ever be able to look at me or my child and even think that I am an addict. Actually, I'm sure they'd never know that, but I didn't really look at it that way before though... I just felt bad that my life revolved around my script and my refill date. This forum and you ladies have helped me tremendously, you guys are just like me. We do love our children, very much and now we don't have to be ashamed or look down on ourselves. We are getting the help we need so that we can play with and give our kids the attention they deserve ALL THE TIME! It's so great to not have so much anxiety and worry. Worrying that I'll run out constantly and that I'll have to find more. Worrying that I won't have enough money to take my daughter to the pool or to the zoo because I have to budget first for my pills! I can, at any time just get her ready and head to the park and I don't need to take 3 or 4 pills at a time to do that.

I believe you when you say your son is spoiled! My daughter is spoiled rotten, and not with "things" either. She's spoiled with love and attention and she also knows she is loved. I can look at her now and know that I did the best thing in the world for her and she comes BEFORE anything else in this world!

Joanie, you're there too! You made a wonderful decision and your life is about to change so much. No more wanting to hurt yourself just to get a script. No more guilt that you have to go to the bathroom and snort a pill before you play with your little boy!

You both are amazing and I'm glad I can read your stories, and I'm so glad I can share mine and possibly help you both a little. You've both helped me a lot. Thank you so much. It's so nice to get on here and be able to be completely honest and know that someone else is going through the same things and understands completely!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:15 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

wow what a relief you must've felt when you realized the program wasn't only for 2 weeks! The last thing we need when trying to get off our doc is unneeded stress esp over our new medication! I am glad things are going your way and I too am hoping that your induction goes well.. Congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm with dicespin!! I forgot to even mention that part!

This may sound stupid, but I am so grateful that you two women can understand me. Everyone on here is super supportive and all, but it's so much more reassuring when you realize that you are NOT all alone in feeling like you were a piece of garbage because of how I've had to scheme to get pills from doctors, just to be a good mommy. I am so thankful for everything in my life today.
I can remember going to an ER with some stupid fake ass pain story just to get ten pills or even 8 pills, to get by. The mental picture that sticks in my head, still brings me to tears. It's always me getting out of the car, and opening the back door to see my baby smiling at me all excited to be going somewhere. And I was just dragging him into an ER. It has me crying now. He is such a precious precious baby, and NEVER deserved that. And I will spend the rest of my life making that up to him. He's sitting on my lap right now while I'm typing, looking at me with his eyes all wrinkled up like "what the heck is wrong with YOU?" lol, He isn't used to seeing me cry. I'm done now!

I think I am finally ready to share my story with everyone. I'll do that in a new thread one of these days.

Hey Joanie!!!!! I can't wait to hear from you today. I checked my computer first thing when I got back from the post office, to see if you got back from your appointment yet..hahaha pathetic I know. Like your appointment was at 430 am or something. Anyway, very anxious to know how you are!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Not stupid at all Goinstrong! I feel the same way! I am so glad to have found other moms that relate to what I'm going through. No one in 'real life' (except my husband) knows what's going on with me. I don't even feel comfortable talking to my best friend about it. Way too ashamed. It's really nice to come here and talk about my problem without having to worry about being judged at all.

It's 8:38pm night before induction. I am as dope sick as I've ever been in my life. My head is throbbing, my legs have this deep ache, I am extremely nauseous. Thank God hubby is away on business because I'd be such a raging bitch right now if I had to talk to anybody, lol. I CANNOT wait until tomorrow morning! Just a bit over 14 hours to go!!!

However, as I mentioned before, I had not taken anything except huge doses of loperamide since Sunday (last dose of lope was yesterday morning). When woman called with appointment reminder this afternoon, she mentioned I needed to come in a little early to take drug test. I am really worried that drug test is going to come out negative for everything since it'll be 5 days without any real opiates. What happens if drug test is negative? Will they think I am just trying to fake it to sell pills or what? Hopefully someone with some experience with this will see this and get back to me before the morning so I can stop worrying to death over it.

Anyway, I will *hopefully* be feeling much better by tomorrow afternoon and will be here to let ya know how my induction went...

Post subject: I feel a little worried.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joanie, I don't really think you have anything to worry about them not detecting any opiates in your UA. As you probably know from my induction post that I was referred to my sub dr now by a girl I used to buy some of my pills from. She also goes to him, but she's been there over a year now. She did tell me that she ran out of pills a week before her first appt., and she was bound and determined to not buy any more dope of the streets, because she didn't have the money to buy drugs and pay upfroant for her first appt. She went in and told him that she'd been out like 6, maybe 7 days and she'd been using ambien and xannax that week to ease the withdrawls, but she hadn't taken a narcotic pain pill in almost a week. She wanted to, but her main concern was being able to pay for the dr. She knew the end was in sight, so she just had to suck it up and go all week eating xannies and sleeping pills to ease her pains.

She said all was well and he actually preffered that she be in withdrawls longer than 24 hours, so he didn't really care about the narcotics not showing up. I don't know if anything did or not, but he absolutely could tell that she felt like shit and she was in withrawals... he gave her a prescription that day. He knew or believed her, and she was honest with him.

I almost ran myself out of pills the week before my appt., but I damn sure wasn't going back out chasing pills since I already had the appt. set up for Monday. I counted and I made what I had last. It was no fun, I could only take 4 a day, so I got no high or even a buzz for that week prior, I really would have loved to have had a bunch so I could have got really f*cked up just one last time... lol but I knew if I ran out, I'd either have to buy and didn't want to, or count what I had and make em last. Had I ran out days before, I would have just told him the same thing. I ran out and I damn sure wasn't spending more money on the shit, I'm trying to get off and I knew I had this appt coming up soon!

I honestly wouldn't worry about that at all. Just tell them you ran out and you're trying to do whats right and get help, not spend more money out looking for more pills... but, he can see that you are in withdrawals babe, he's been doin this long enough, he'll know you feel like shit and it's because you haven't had any for 5 days! Don't let that worry you!

Hopefully someone else can give you maybe some different advise if you need it. Jump on here tomorrow girl and let us know how you're doing! You're gonna be great after your first dose! I'll be praying for you tonight that all goes well, but I'm sure it will!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Joanie,

Don't worry about the drug test. We've had plenty of members come through here who were in a similar spot as you and, to the best of my knowledge, none of their doctors refused them Suboxone. Actually, I think (?) the drug test is looking for either high doses of opiates or other drugs. If you take the drug test and you light that sucker up like a Christmas Tree for opiates, your doctor may have you wait before you induce to prevent Precipitated Withdrawl.

I remember the night before I started Suboxone, it was a long night because I went over 24 hours without opiates. But, it was ALL worth it. For me, within 30 minutes of taking that first dose of Suboxone, I felt like a million bucks. I was astounded at how great it worked.

I hope you have a similar experience.

Best of luck to you tonight and tomorrow!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Joanie, I am assuming your appointment is somewhere in the 10-11 range this morning judging from the fact that you said you had just over 14 hrs to go at 838 last night....dont know what timezone you are in and I'm too lazy to look at anyones profile! LOL!

I know that Invisible shadow and Romeo Already told you, but I dont think you have to worry about wether or not you test positive. I know that when I went without pills, I looked like a bag of trash for longer than 5 or 6 days....the doc shoul be able to tell that you are not feeling good..

I CANNOT wait to hear from you today! I will check in earlky afternoon to see if you updated this thread yet with your experience at the doctor. GOOD LUCK MOMMY! I'm rooting for you...

Post subject: Free at last!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:06 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good afternoon everyone (and damn isn't it a great one?!)

So, I was all worried for nothing. Pee test results won't even be back from lab for a week sooo, I'm not sure why they even do it in the first place? I guess they've got to have them on file? I dunno. ANYWAY!

I got called back from the waiting room and went into this office. There was a huge flat screen tv and at first I thought they were watching something but realized that it was my doctor on the screen? He was like 30 minutes away in the next town over. We did our appointment via web cam! It was really weird! But he was super nice. Asked all about my abusive childhood and history as a pill head, yadda yadda. Then called in my prescription and sent me home to do my induction!

I thought I was going to D-I-E at the pharmacy waiting for the script you guys. The anticipation of feeling better was almost as bad as the withdrawal itself! lol

I took half a strip (4mg) at about 12:30pm. It is now 2pm and I feel GREAT. Not really high, but in a great mood. Alll the sickness is gone. Well, I actually developed this HORRIBLE aching in both hip joints during withdrawal and that is the only part that hasn't gone away. It has eased up a bit though so, It's not as bad as it was. I may have to take some ibuprofen or something for that. But everything else is GREAT!

I'm supposed to take the other 4mg tonight. I don't want to take it too late because most opiates cause me to not sleep well at all if I take them too late. When do those of you with a night time dose usually take it? I'm thinking like 7pm?

I took my son for a walk without having to put a percocet up my nose! I washed the dishes! I freakin ate a salad for lunch! I feel so normal-as normal as I've felt in a long, long time. Thank you suboxone! And thank you to the members of this forum for all the encouragement and support!!! I will definitely be sticking around here with ya guys. Hope everyone is having a beautiful Friday! :D