It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh Joanie!!!! I am so ecstatic for you!!! I am so glad to hear that everything went so well!! How cool that he had a web com set up to do appointments! Neat.

I have been checking in here all day just waiting to see how everything went. I just knew you were going to feel so much better. I too have hip pain. Ibuprofen almost always helps but I never take less than 800mg. I hope that you are able to get some relief that way.

I did notice that when I first began sub, It was difficult to sleep at night. WEll, I dose twice daily. And it turns out that I was taking that evening dose too late. I don't take my evening dose any later than 5:00. I take my morning dose at about 5 or 6. Tyler gets up super early so that's why. It kind of depends on what time you are going to bed. I wouldn't take it any later than 5 hours before you go to bed if ya can. Sub tends to give me a little burst of energy right after I dose too. I hope this helps. I also take Melatonin at night. It helps tremendously.

Good luck to you, and check in ad let us know how you are feeling in the morning too, eh??? Have a great night, I know you will!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Joanie, I've been checking in off and on all day waiting for you to update us as well! I knew you were going to feel so much better!

You're first day sounds a lot like my first day on subs... I too thought I would DIE waiting for the pharmacy to get my script filled. I knew feeling better after over 24 hours in withdrawal was only minutes away and I was so anxious! I was under the impression that my doc dosed in the office the first time though, someone told me that, and he may have done it that way in the past, but now he writes a script and you have to actually go to the pharm to get your first dose. I was a little dissapointed at my appt when I realized he was sending me on my way without that first dose. I was feeling rough. I tore open that first strip in the car and tore a piece off and took it right there! By the time I got home, I was feeling much better! I ate lunch like a normal person, usually I would hold off on eating because I didn't want to ruin my buzz, eventhough I was hardly ever getting that high feeling anymore from all the pills, I still wouldn't eat until much later in the day. I did laundry, and that's the same evening I was dancing around in the living room with my little girl because I felt so much better and normal! How awesome is it that you could take your little boy for a walk and do dishes without having to take a perc to feel like doing it?

I have back pain and I also take tylenol and ibuprofen as needed, but I must say, the subs must be really working for me, because I hardly ever take anything anymore, only occasionally. It could have been in my mind too, that I needed to take something for the pain, because after a couple weeks on the subs I have a very insignificant amount of pain, unlike before even on days when I'd take 15 norcos.

I also don't take anymore sub after about 5 pm. My dr kind of left it up to me as far as dosing. I was prescribed 16 mg, but so far I've only taken 8 mg per day and I feel fine. I am dosing once in the morning, and once in the afternoon around 4:30 or 5, but I also get a little energy boost right after dosing and I don't want to have problems getting to sleep, I already have insomnia, but it's slowly getting better....

I'm glad everything worked out so great and you are finally on the suboxone! Tomorrow is going to be another beautiful day for you and your son! Come back and tell us how you're feeling tomorrow, stay with us on the forum! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey everyone. I hope your weekend is going well. I am doing really well. No pain, no cravings. I was able to delete all of my dealer's numbers and email addresses and even changed my phone number with no anxiety (my husband had tried to get me to do this once before when i tried to quit cold turkey and I seriously had a panic attack & hyperventilated). My husband has been weird about not wanting to talk about my problem because I guess he thinks the mere mention of the word "percocet" is going to send me spiraling back into a raving mad pill head foaming at the mouth. It really doesn't bother me at all though. I think I have just put him through so much hell that he's kind of hesitant to get too used to this. He is just skeptical that it could all be really over this time so easily. I can tell he is super proud of me though.

Only side effect I've had so far (which I sort of expected because I get it with any opiates) is that I didn't sleep at all last night. I think I finally squeezed in 2 hours of sleep early this morning before my son woke up. I feel fine though. I don't feel like I didn't sleep at all last night, if that makes sense. I did have to take a really late dose at about midnight though, because I started feeling a bit sick. I think that is what ruined any chance of sleep for me. I now know what dose I am comfortable at and will take it way before bedtime tonight.

I am a little worried about my dose. They told me to take 4mg in the morning and 4mg in the evening. I was given a script for 11 strips to last me from yesterday until my follow up on the 6th of August. After the 8mg was done yesterday, I felt fine for a few hours but began feeling a bit sick and withdrawal-ish in the evening. I took another 4mg at that time and was fine for another few hours. But as I mentioned before, started feeling withdrawal-ish and having cravings again late last night and took another 4mg. In total, I ended up taking 16mg yesterday. I plan on taking 16mg again today. I think that is my target dose that makes me feel the most comfortable and totally gets rid of cravings. But this means I will have to call back to my doctor on Monday and request a refill before my follow up because I'm taking double what they had sent me home with. Is that okay? Is the doctor going to be mad and think I am abusing them or something? I know that adjusting your dose the first few days is normal (from what I've read in a lot of other people's posts) but my doctor didn't really say anything about that. He kinda acted like he expected 8mg to be perfect for me. I am just nervous to screw up with my doctor and request more so early into my program!

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks again SO MUCH for your support and encouragement. I LOVE this forum <3

Last edited by joanie_512 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Joanie! Glad you're still feeling good and not having cravings! I don't think your doctor is going to think you're abusing the sub or using too much, but I honestly don't know what to tell you. I do know that everyone is different as far as dosing and what they need to keep the cravings away. As you know, my dr. wrote me a script for 16 mg. The first few days I didn't take enough, now I'm up to a full strip a day and that seems to work well for me. With this being your first week, I'd go ahead and call your doctor and tell him or her right away that 16 mg is what you need and what is working for you. Don't wait until a few months go by and then tell them you don't think your dose is high enough, then you're just going to risk being out of meds and then having to explain later that you've been taking more than prescribed. I think 16 mg is a pretty "normal" dose, and the worst they can say is that they'd like you to stay at 8. There probably won't be too much problem in upping your dose for now, but I'm sure others will come on and tell you what they think too. I think that if 16 mg is working for you, keeping you out of withdrawls and keeping the cravings away, it's definetly worth talking to your dr. about!

What you said about deleting your contacts and changing your number is great! I just recently did the same, deleted my "dope only contacts." Some of the numbers are still in my phone, because they are actually friends of mine that I've had for awhile, but they know not to ask me anymore about buying pills. I've told them I'm done with that, that I'm off the pills. I don't feel like I'm lying, however I haven't told any of those people that I'm on suboxone, because I don't want to be put in the position later where someone, one of my actual friends is sick and out of meds and starts asking me to help them out with my suboxone. The treatment and my contract with my dr. is way more important to me than giving my meds away and I'm pretty certain that someone, some time, will be out of their DOC, and then because I am friends with them they expect me to help them. I hate to be that way, because I know what if feels like to be "dope sick", but like I said, it's too important to me and I cannot give anyone my meds, friend or not. I am at a point now though that I feel like I can honestly say, I'm off the pills, and just leave it at that. No one needs to know that I'm taking subs, only my husband.

It was pretty much the same way for us too at first about taking about it, it's like he didn't want to get too used to the idea that the sub is working for me, and for awhile he didn't want to talk about pills because I really thought he thought this was too good to be true and after awhile, I'd start to crave the norcos again. He's slowly coming around and we're talking about how much better things are since I started treatment. I know he's more proud of me now than he's been in a long time, and I know that when he gets paid and we don't have to budget for pills, it makes him so happy! Give your hubby a little time to realize that this isn't something that you're going to give up on and I'm sure he'll be able to talk more openly to you.

I'm glad you're feeling good, you sound really good! Just talk to your doctor about your dose, and even if they don't agree and they want to keep you at 8 mg, you'll probably find later that once your dose stabalizes a bit more, you can do well at 8. I honestly don't think they'll have a probably bumping you up to 16 mg a day... Good luck, Good job and keep coming back and letting us know how you're doing. Especially after you talk to your doctor about your dose.

Post subject: Hello Ladies!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:27 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello there! Glad to see that everyone is doing so well.

Joanie, I agree with Invisible shadow that you should talk to your doctor MONDAY! Don't wait until you are almost out. Trust me when I say that you do not want to run out, especially this early. I know from experience that I am fine without subs for 3 days. They stack in your system, and have a pretty decent half life. So, for me it takes about 3 days before I am really feeling withdrawal from it. Don't get me wrong, I feel a little less than I should for those three days, but not like I can't function. I don't think that your doctor will be upset with you. I don't know your doctor though. They are all so different.

About your husband. I am sure that he is VERY proud of you. You should be too. Don't be at all surprised if he is a little skeptical that "this is it? she's all better?" My family was the same way. Just keep on doing what you are doing. Eventually he may want to talk to you about what happened in your active addiction. Things that he has a resentment about. It may be sooner, it may be later. Just try to keep an open mind. I had to go through all of that and it was 2 years before they were ready to just let it all out. And boy did they!!!! There is a lot of closure that comes with that for them. You know your relationship better than anyone else. Don't let anyone tell you when it has to happen. Some people come around faster than others. Some people are actually ok with the past too. As long as they know you are doing well.

I wanted to tell you two ladies, did you see the announcement under "meetings and announcements" about the chat meeting??? Check it out and see if you would be interested in attending. I am going. It would be nice to have other mommies in there. Amber is running it. She is also a mommy to a little man. 3yr old. Hope to see yas there!

Have a great weekend guys!