It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: getting of suboxone
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:36 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

my name is jason hope im writing this at the right place i have been on sub for a year at 12 mgs a day now i decided to come off by using oxycodone until subox is out of my system then use subox to get of the oxys ive been using 4 to 5 perc 30s a day it has been little over three weeks now im getting ready to detox using subox like this detox program does that i used to go to to get off heroin when i was younger they give you 4 mgs of sub for 3 days then 2 mgs for 4 days 7 days total hoping that will work just wanted some advice or thoughts from anybody ever tried this before really want off badly just little nervous id be very thankful for any thoughts or advice. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:02 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

p.s need some advice ASAP thanks

Post subject: NOT A GOOD IDEA!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:28 pm 
jason wrote:
my name is jason hope im writing this at the right place i have been on sub for a year at 12 mgs a day now i decided to come off by using oxycodone until subox is out of my system then use subox to get of the oxys ive been using 4 to 5 perc 30s a day it has been little over three weeks now im getting ready to detox using subox like this detox program does that i used to go to to get off heroin when i was younger they give you 4 mgs of sub for 3 days then 2 mgs for 4 days 7 days total hoping that will work just wanted some advice or thoughts from anybody ever tried this before really want off badly just little nervous id be very thankful for any thoughts or advice. thanks

If you really want off badly, DO NOT do what you are proposing. The correct way to titrate off of Suboxone is to slowly decrease your dose of Suboxone and don't involve ANY drugs (especially agonists) except perhaps clonodine/immodium if ABSOLUTELY needed. What you are proposing, if I read it correctly, is that you are going to stop taking Suboxone cold-turkey and start taking oxycodone until 'the suboxone is out of your system?!' THEN start taking Suboxone AGAIN to detox from the oxycodone?! I mean this in a caring way, but this is total junkie logic, and makes zero sense to me. It would be pretty easy to decrease to about two milligrams of Suboxone within a month, then go from 2mg to zero milligrams very slowly, like decreasing by .25mg or less every 2 or more weeks. Then when you're off of Suboxone, DON'T take ANY agonists. This would be a much more reasonable plan.

If I were to do something like what you are proposing, it would be an unending cycle of taking agonists, taking suboxone, taking agonists, taking suboxone, taking agonists, taking agonists, taking agonists, taking suboxone, etc.. I'm sure some people will weigh in with their own titration stories.

-Travis

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:35 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

thanks for your input i know this isnt the best way but im already three weeks in so were gona find out in about a day. i know its risky but worst case is i have stay on subox but ill be at a way less miligram. and maybe i could off got down by just tapering.best case over three weeks subox is out of my system and i detox off of pills and get sick for a week . just wanted some input from anyone who have ever tried something similar, and answers how long subox normally takes for withrawls to leave thank you again for your input and advice.

Post subject: answer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Travis gave the the best advice. I've had your additude before. I'm sure everyone here has that creative junky logic still inside them. The difference and the important thing is learning to reconizing it. Then when called out, have the humility to except it. Otherwise, this is bullshit and a lesson learned.

You're young, right? Why do you want to be off of bupe? You came on the internet asking advice, help, the best answer...well, you got it. Don't just shrug/shun it off. I mean this from the heart- From one addict to another.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:33 pm 
jason wrote:
thanks for your input i know this isnt the best way but im already three weeks in so were gona find out in about a day. i know its risky but worst case is i have stay on subox but ill be at a way less miligram. and maybe i could off got down by just tapering.best case over three weeks subox is out of my system and i detox off of pills and get sick for a week . just wanted some input from anyone who have ever tried something similar, and answers how long subox normally takes for withrawls to leave thank you again for your input and advice.

So, right now you're 100% in active addiction taking more Oxycodone than you would need to simply keep you from withdrawing from Suboxone. I'm telling you with a clear head that you would be best off getting back on Suboxone and tapering off that or, better yet, just staying on Suboxone until you're in a better mindset to successfully taper.

-Travis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Travis did indeed give you great advice. What you also fail to consider is that to your brain, an opiate is an opiate is an opiate. It doesn't know the difference. You're going from a drug you are dependent on only (suboxone) to a drug you are addicted to (pain meds) to get off the drug that you're dependent on!! To me, that makes no sense. Just taper off the suboxone. You're risking getting caught back up in the cycle of active addiction and it's serving no worthwhile purpose. Give your body a break and just taper off.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: also
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

young man, 2mg (2000mcg) drop= is the HARDEST PART, THEN THE FUN PART....drumroll.....PAWS (post acute withdrawl syndrome)....that fun! and the period that is most dangerous....you can have a very low tolerance, relapse, and possible die...OR.... you could stay on bupe, drop slowly and if cravings occur, raise that dose. If you were an IV heroin user and you possible relapsed with a big dose of smack - who knows? I've seen/heard this a thousand times- stay on bupe or titrate slowly. what's the rush?
as said before- the plan is moronic...not to mention, you are following some guidelines of a rehab/detox facility a couple yrs ago. look what happened...obviously, you went back to heroin then sub or just sub.

Post subject: WD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:39 pm 
Oh, and you're wondering how long it's going to take for the Suboxone withdrawals to dissipate? Suboxone is an opioid and Oxycodone is an opioid, so long as you're taking an equal or greater amount of an opioid you're never going to experience withdrawal; you're also never going to be out of this insane cycle unless you properly taper or get on a stable dose of Suboxone.

-Travis