It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: getting ready..
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone! havent posted in this forum yet. A quick recap of me, love the opiates, but love my life even more soooo... after only 16 days on suboxone, I am going to finish up on sunday, and it is thanks to the people on this forum that i learned so much and decided to do the quick 21 day taper. I am married, 2 gorgeous little boys, am financially stable and have a graduate level education. I love pills. I am no different than the junkie on the street corner and am humble enough to admit it. I do not think I am special, am not in denial and know the same rules apply to me as anyone else. I am also a therapist and have remarkably good coping skills. I was thinking earlier that we go through all kinds of pain as people - the flu, food poisoning, broken bones, pregnancy, surgeries, migraines etc... they are all easier to deal wtih to us becasue they dont have the title, the stigma of opiate wd. once you tag that label to it, it becomes 100x more difficult. I know the shit I am going to go through over the next week (or 2 or 3), but I really do know i will be ok. I can talk myself down, separate the physcial from the mental. I would love anyones input or kind words, and would be happy to guide any of you through this. remember, addicts are some of the smartest, most creative, fun people in the world, have a mild sense of humor throughout the process, it does help! addiction is not funny, by any means, but a joke here or there will bring a smile to your face... my husband and i always "joke" that when we hit 70, we can go back on pills and go out with a bang, but until then, gotta keep it straight and narrow! the body and brain has a remarkable ability to heal, even from addiction. stay cool and send me good vibes! Ill keep you posted! oh, I am on 1mg a day and again, will stop on sunday. threw all the rest i had in the toilet...