It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: getting ready to stop
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:37 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just want to say hi to everyone.I'm here a lot reading.I post here and there but this is a great help to me thank u everyone!and congrats to everyone who has stopped & is stopping!my quik story. Was on oxys for 8onths for fun& energy now been on subs alomost a year.in the last month& a half gone from 2mg per day to now .25 per day & it hasn't been that bad of a taper now that I look back. Been at .25 for about 5 days now but hav had the flu also isn't that great right b4 u quit so can't tell why I feel bad now but really its not to bad.so next wed. Will b my last dose in the morning of 1/2 of .25 then will c how bad or good it gets hope good.but its great now cuz I hav my wifes support.love her for that! Being all I've put her thru.so sorry I don't post much on here but I'm here all the time & ya'll do help me out a lot thank u very much!I will let ya'll know how things go. Thanks & congrats to all! Ratt396

Post subject: Best of luck....
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:15 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi ratt396,
Welcome to the Forum!! We are glad you are here and thank you for the post. You don't have to write alot to say alot.... Thanks for sharing your story and by doing so you have become part of my recovery.. That's what the forum is all about. We can see that we are not alone in this crazy life called "Recovery"!! Keep up the good work and please keep posting your progress... I wish you continued success in YOUR Recovery....

God Bless
TW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just want to say thank u again. Counting down the days now til wed. Like I said that will b the last day. feel better from the flu today hope I get a couple of days for a break b4 wed last dose. That would b nice.the .25mg per day isn't bad at all just dose it twice a day 1 in the morning & 1 at night for a total of .25mg that def helps instead of once a day. But still hopeing it won't b to bad.the no energy is what gets me the most.cuz I hav my own buss. & metal doors & frames r heavy lifting them all day long & I'm the only employee.& hav a family to support.but I'll just hav to bear with it. Thanks to everyone here for knowing what its like. And congrats to everyone for there progress & decitions to do what ya'll have to do!nice to know I'm not alone!thanks ratt396

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well keep us posted on how you are doing because I want to know. We all learn from hearing the experiences of others. Sorry you have the flu. Ugh. I certainly wouldn't want to do both. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello all,its now 24hrs til my last dose.getting a little worried but I guess that's normal.got a lot of work to do today witch is good need the money but don't really feel like doing anything.but have to no work no pay that's the way it goes.got a family to support.deffently feeling anchous"sorry about spelling"this is def got to b it tired of reling on something to make me feel normal.like I said do to .25 per day or so hard to brake up those 2mg pills & the liquid way is to much of a pain with small kids & going back & froth to work so crumps it is.thanks for ya'lls support!!! I will def let u know how it feels & goes.not looking foward to it but looking forward to about a week or two from now. Just got to remeber it won't last forever. Thanks again,ratt396

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If you're taking a total of .25 per day in two doses... try taking just one of those doses a day. That is... if you get too uncomfortable... and then go from there. Good luck and keep us advised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:51 pm 
Wow Ratt!! You are really close!! Thank you for taking a moment to post something for us! I can't tell you how much you are helping us all and so many others who have yet to find us in the future!
Sorry you've been sick.....I'm sure that hasn't helped much at this particular time! It sounds like you're hanging in there like a champ. I am so very curious to see how things go for you over the next week or two. You've gotten yourself down to such a nice low dose here that I have a feeling you may do just fine.
One thing I wanted to mention. I have the good fortune of having a Subox doctor who is a recovering opiate addict. He was on Suboxone for a good while (couple of years) as part of his recovery. He shared with me about his experiences in getting off the medication.......What he did was get himself down to the point of just taking crumbs kind of like you have. He says then he would skip days between those crumbs until he realized that he had gone as much as a week without anything. He said at that point, it just kind of happened naturally......says one day he realized it had been a couple of weeks since he had needed to take anything so he figured he was done!! Wouldn't that be awesome?!?!
I was just thinking that story might encourage you. And I wanted you to not feel too bad if it so happens that things get too rough after a few days without anything and you need to take a little Sub, that wouldn't mean it was all for not. Of course, it's ultimately all up to you and what type of plan you've worked out with your doctor's help. Just know we're all pulling for you!

Post subject: Jump-Off Dose???
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks so much for posting your tapering info. I wish there was a specific thread for listing the jump-off doses and how good or bad it wound up being for them. If you dig around, you can find a few experiences that are quite detailed and therefore exceptionally helpful for predicting a tolerable final dose amount. I just wish they were all grouped together.

I am currently at .5mgs/day, using a slow liquid taper. Naturally I wish I could speed it up by just jumping off now, but from what I've read, a .25 to .125mg jump-off is a MUCH more tolerable physical experience. So waiting longer and tapering down sounds like a worthwhile method.

(History: I started on 24mgs Sub 2 years ago, weaned down slowly -spending several months at each level of 4mgs, 2mgs, and 1mg. I have been at .5mgs once a day for the past 3 weeks.)

Here are my questions: How Low Did You Go Before The Big Jump-Off? How Intense Were The Physical Symptoms? How Long Until You Felt Human Again?

ANY input is gratefully appreciated. This Forum has been a God-send! Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to share their experiences. Beause I'll tell you: MOST doctors don't know JACK about this drug!! It's pretty much up to us to help each other.

Annmarie