It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:10 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your advice! It is greatly appreciated, just a little nervous about starting something new but anything is better than having a dope habbit. Do you think this is better than being on methadone? I have been thru the methadone before and did well on it. Last year I had to do 6 months in prison for driving on a revoked licence and cold turkied 40 mgs, I took my last dose before I went to court, was convicted and and was ready to detox in prison. Instead of trying to taper down before I went I figured it would have it's advantage,couldn't get dope there so I would have no choice but to detox and it helped knowing that I couldn't get dope! It was hell but I got much better in 4-5 days. So I did my 6 months came home and 2 weeks later I went and got dope. So I started doing 1 to 2 bags on the weekend. Weekends lead to twice a week than three times a week and now here I am again 9 months later doing about .5 to .75 grams every other day and have a habit again! I actually thaught about violating my parole to cold turkey again and start from scratch! At this point I would only have to do less than 2 months in prison but my girlfriend doesn't want me to go away again.
So here I am again, had enough of the drugs and wanting to quit. Tried cold turkey again and only make it 3-4 days before I go to get dope. It's not the sickness that gets me but it's the mind games! CRAVINGS! It is getting to the point where I am driving myself to get dope and thats a big no-no for me because if I get caught driving again, I face 3 years (get out in 1 year on parole) in prison and I don't want that.
I came to the conclusion I will probally have to be on suboxone or methadone the rest of my life, it sucks but what can I do? I know if I quit cold turkey again I probally will return using and screw up everything again! I will be 40 next year, own my own house, have a good profession (just unemployed right now) , have 3 dogs, and have a great girlfriend of 8 years with a great career also that wants to get married and have kids like yesturday! Just glad I have not lost anything over this nonsense! It's time to grow up and live life properly!
I slipped up today and did the junk, did the last of the dope I had laying around but I go thursday at 11am to the doctor. I will have 36 hours off the junk then, just hope thats enough time. Do you think it is? Pleas let me know. I will continue to be on this site to get info and share my experiences as I find it helpful.
Thank you for your responses and help!!!!!! :D JOEY

Post subject: WOW!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow Joey, what a post! Something you said really jumped out at me. You stated how you haven't really lost anything yet and do not want to. Are you serious? I mean think about it. Think of all that you really already have lost! Just having lost your freedom for six months while in jail would be a huge loss in pretty much everyone's eyes. Getting on Suboxone will help you to so very clearly see what you have all lost and more importantly will keep you from losing even more. It sounds like you are already lucky that you have not lost your house, girlfriend, etc. I'm sure that's what you meant when you said you have not lost anything but I really do think that if you take another honest and sober look, you will agree that you have already lost way too much and you do not want to lose any more.

It is unfortunately difficult to try to predict how many hours it will take for you to be safely in withdrawal in order to not have Suboxone thrown you into an even worse withdrawal. That said, 36 hours would certainly seem to be within the average window that is required. What you really need to pay attention to though is not the HOURs but the SYMPTOMS that you are experiencing. I'm sure you know what mild to moderate withdrawal feels like. Just be sure that you are experiencing that prior to taking the Sub and you will be fine. As others on here have said, DON'T CHEAT! Make certain you are in moderate withdrawals. You need to feel pretty crappy in order for this to work. Again, after short acting opiates, typically 12-24 hours will do it, so in your case 36 "should" work. Just pay attention to how you feel and not the clock and you'll do well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

DITTO!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone I made it! Did not do anymore junk and went to the doc today with 36 hours under my belt. The doc gave me 4mgs(half a pill) and I started feeling better in about 25 minutes. It seems like the physical problembs are not 100%, my nose still runs and cigarettes make me cough wich I can deal with but mentally I'm 100%. No cravings and no mind games! The doctor is a great guy. He seems very caring and even gave me a hug and told me it will all get better from here. He put me on 4mgs twice a day wich ive noticed people on this site only dose once a day. I know I shouldn't but will also try to dose once a day 4mgs. If it don"t work I will do the 4mgs twice daily.Its just I don't want to take more than I need to feel better. When I was going to the methadone clinic I seen way too much of people on doses that would kill a mule. I was on 50 mgs and was fine. I actually seen a person on 950 YES 950 mgs. This was a private clinic and I think they had an interest to keep people on methadone. My first councellor actually wanted me to increase my dose because he seen me with a cold and thaught I was going thru withdraws.
And about loosing things in my life, I still don't feel like I lost anything but time and money wich I consider myself very lucky. I went to prison for my own stupidy not drugs and also kicked my methadone habit in there and the time away strengthened my relationship with my girlfriend. Seems funny but i did not mind prison, I taught automotive repair class as a teachers aide(I am a certified master auto tech) and helped a good kid in my class who was in a bad situation get a job as an apprentice mechanic after he got out of prison. It felt good to help someone who wanted help.
I intend to stay on this site and keep everyone posted and ask ?'s as needed. Thank you all for everything!!!!!!!!!! :lol: