It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well I had my surgery and was ordered by the doctor to take pain meds or I would be in severe pain so I did . It shouldn't affect my suboxone process at all , the only problem it will cause is if I abuse them . So far I took one and will only take as needed. Even with it my jaw is killing me! I will update but I will hopefully be off them by Saturday or ASAP. I guess like all the issues with surgery on suboxone are just the opposite when you quit . Kinda ironic but I don't anticipate any issues I threw away Xanax and I stopped weed and I have the strength to throw these away . I wish dr. J read this before because I did my own research and from what I've read if you take a few pain killers you won't set yourself back you will just be at risk for a major relaspe. if anyone has any experience with this please let me know.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey guys ughh im scard! Developed a dry socket from my surgery and still taking pain meds fro, surgery . I have tried Advil I'm just worried I'm starting to remember why I loved painkillers so much. Taking about 17mg a night but man I'm scared I'm not gonna be able to put them down . The addict in me is just like finish the whole bottle . I'm trying to take as little as possible but the pain still lingers . I figured I have till Sunday 5 days max but I'm getting the I can keep taking it thoughts. Am I taking it for a legit reason.... ya but still its scaring me . I don't have any pain killer hook ups here or at school and I only have 30 but I'm just worried .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

nemo,

dont take anymore, seriously. flush them, you made it off subs and thats
AMAZING. but when the pain killers wear off the pain will come back 10x more and you feel it hurts worse than it does, its a rebound.

also i had a few surgeries, i always remember telling myself i was in pain but really i just wanted the pills.

or flush like 50% of them, or 75% keep some just incase but dont take them. but i had the same issue. i dont have the courage to jump yet but your posts REALLY helped, and if its that easy to just get back on the pills again its horrible. 5 days ago you were worried about xanax now your back on opioids and talking them down like nothing.

AND your withdrawling, making the pills work EVEN BETTER, it will make you feel amazing, even more than if you were 100% normal and not withdrawling from sub.

dry sockets are nothing, seriously, fight through the few days of mild pain.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I flushed all but two hours ago and gonna take those in about an hour and I'm out for good. I flushed the other 20 down the drain but man I've been waking up with cravings for them and having very mild withdraw symptoms . The cravings are mostly because I have them here but ya it's scary how 3 days can change your mind . I'm sure il suffer the consequences for a day or two after stopping and be fine but ovbisouly 4 days of pain pills ain't gonna give me anything more than a day or two of feeling down but It instantly brought back all the good and the bad things that come with taking opiates. At this point it's mostly mental but I've been 16 hours without them and just feel like tired and a little restless . Tomorrow I can go back to the gym and that's why I chose not to stop today because I got up really late and don't wanna be up forever . Oh well tomorrow is a new day but I can crave them all I want I have absolutely no way of getting more . Il be fine in a few days but this was really a scary experience . Finally ya I did stop Xanax after two days it was easy and that was right in the thick of my withdrawal five weeks ago. I also stopped weed but these opiates are the devil . Like I said two more tonight and I'm out for good and il suffer for a day or two and lesson learned . I did feel better when I flushed those twenty pills because it was giving me anxiety that I wouldn't be able to stop but i did hesitate like three times before I dumped them . When I was actively addicted I could of never done that. I guess that's progress and I guess being worried about it and not having the attitude of who cares I feel good is signs of me growing as a person . Hopefully someone thinking about taking one or two can learn from my experience because it's nothing to play around with !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's why its often said here. Stopping is hard. Staying stopped is harder. Agree agree w robby.
Many reports here of wisdom teeth w anti - inflammatories only for pain yet you are in the most vulnerable place w receptors or what ever it is brain wise that is this crappy disease of addiction and early abstinence that sees a chance to take pills and - of course then does... Good you flushed them or most of them. Imo, your relapse chance is extremely high until you've been off awhile and your receptors have reformed and healed which per Dr. J is 8-12 wks. Until then you will be VERY susceptible to relapse and even then still takes a lot of hard work to watch for danger zones -- and cut and run when you see them. Coming here is extremely helpful for folks. We see it over and over - not just lurking -- but posing and getting replies is important and powerful. Thanks so much for your honesty in your recovery journey!!! P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Speaking of honesty I didn't get a dry socket that was just me posting while high trying to justify using it for pain that IS controlled by Advil . I could of been fine after one day I just wanted the euphoria . Every night I thought as long as I don't go over certain amount of days and each day it increased. On day two I even told myself il stop using and keep the rest and use it throughout the year and be fine . We've all heard this before typical addictive behavior . So I went from being sober and clean to being high and lying and trying to plan how many days I could use without withdraws. The first day I said only two days and on day two I said only three and on day three I said five and I caught myself and dumped the pills. I spent like an hour or two on Google searching how not to get addicted to Percocet . I was feeling guilty about taking the pills the whole time and before I never would of cared . Like I said before its progress !

Last edited by Neverfoundnemo on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It is progress, as long as you can see it. its easier for us to see though. i would probably do teh same thing in your position. but to get on subs and off is something thousands of people cant do out of pure fear, you had the push to do it. but really while i would love to jump the last thing i would ever do is go back to opiates.

Read through your whole thread, i did, and its crazy to see how fast your mentality flipped. but it will go back once your brain heals.

While i think its amazing you jumped, i also think if your still at this point it may be best to take a dose of sub if you feel you have to. i used to use on sub awhile back (3+ years ago), i could take a pill or a shot and 2 days not have cravings and feel id be ok, but thats only because of the sub, without that there to help you it can turn in to a really fast downfall very quickly.

right now you need to look out for whats best. you seemed to have stopped the subs for the surgery right? in that case, its over, wait a day after taking your last pill and take a dose of sub again. if you can go without thats amazing and may be whats best, but suboxone is a small price to pay for sobriety.

many may disagree here but i think you should consider it. but i am very happy you dumped the pills (or most of them atleast)

also i want to add, you see things good now, soon it will flip flop and you may lie to yourself again, many times, dont lie to yourself anymore and do whats best for you longterm. i look forward to hearing some more updates.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the post and no I didn't get off suboxone because of the surgery I got off because it was turning on me with nasty side effects and I wanted to be drug free . I will never go back to subs I mean I had surgery I needed painkiller for a day I used them for a couple more days than I should and il be ok from here . Even on the painkillers I'm getting the same nasty side effects I had on subs . I saw your post and I can tell you that I felt 100% better off subs. Life's so much better without them for me . besided this which is a hiccup not really a huge deal more of a lesson learned . It's my fault for having surgery after I got off.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well it's been 24 hours without the painkillers and I'm not thinking about them ! I think what helped is waking up feeling like absolute crap! Everyday since the first day I've woken up and felt awful . Like I drank a whole bottle of captain Morgan before bed bad . My stomach and sides were starting to hurt due to constipation . I worked out today and felt like crap after like real dizzy and was not Pleasent but half of that is sitting on my ass for 5 days straight. A lot of nasty side effects and I don't want back in that life . Excited to move on and not wake up tommorow feeling like crap!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well two days without pain pills and I woke up and felt 100% better ! I am somehow having mild withdraw symptoms . My stomach has gone back to crap. My anxiety is a little worse and I'm just feeling a little dizzy . My RLS in my arms came back last night so that wasn't Pleasent but I slept real well . It will pass in a day or two but man those pills were not worth it. My rls in my arms went away too just before the surgery ! Was thinking a little about pills briefly but it passed. So anyone thinking about taking opiates don't do it totally not worth it .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:44 am 

I think the fact that ur journaling this experience is great. Ppl can look at ur situation and think...oh man mild withdrawal coming bk, no thanks. So it's a good thing to read. U were honest about everything and that's a great sign to ur recovery imo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well today is 7 weeks off suboxone !! I don't think about it anymore and it's nice ! It doesn't really feel like it because of the painkiller symptoms I'm having ! Speaking of symptoms I'm so damn tired today . Bathroom stuff is pretty bad and I'm just drained of all energy . When I said mild withdraw symptoms I was comparriing to suboxone . Don't get me wrong this sucks and I gotta move in three days ! Rls still in my arms and it's so annoying I literally waited over a month for them to go away. Good news is I've entered the f**k opiates state of mind today. Also I've got a runny nose so that's no good . Also thanks for stopping by jennjenn I am trying to journal everything I can because many journals here stop after a month or so. I've embraced my struggle and will try my best to share all i can .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello all! It was two months off suboxone on tuesday ! I feel pretty damn good and I'm loving it! I moved into my new place and even took a girl home last night ;]. Rls is gone which is amazing and everything else is gone, but my stomach can be unpredictable. I look so much better ! I don't constantly have bags under my eyes and my eyes are clear not glossy . I'm back to socializing and have been out every day . I can honestly say it's almost a 100% turn around from last year. Also no painkillers and don't really think about them!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congratulations on 2 months Nemo! That's awesome! Tomorrow will be 2 months for me and I have to say it's definitely been worth it! It's nice to be able to look in the mirror with clear eyes and see some confidence finally starting to shine! :) last week I didn't sleep very well, and my stomach was kind of out of sorts but this week has been the total opposite! i think 100% more clearly now. My mind isn't always racing like it was before and I can focus on the task at hand which is a big deal for me! I did start taking L tyrosine and work out Atleast an hour or so everyday. Anyways just wanted to say congrats man and keep up the great work! I've really enjoyed reading your posts and hope to see more from you!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello all! I have been off suboxone 9 weeks now ! I have started my senior year and it's great to be back in the swing of things. I feel pretty good overall but my stomach is still so unpredictable . One day it's fine and the next It's not . Having very very tiny bits of anxiety but I mean nothing bad and that's mostly starting school. That and all though I don't notice paws anymore I know it's still there . My energy is good and I stopped taking the l tyrosine after the surgery . My back is killing me and I might of hurt a muscle or pinched a nerve but oh well . The back stuff has been constant for 3 weeks and I took a week off working out so I have no idea what's going on. The boredom part of the Withdrawl is over . What I mean by that is there is a few weeks where u just get bored but now it's not like that. Like Dr. J says getting off suboxone isn't going to make everything magical . I thought that was bullshit but now see what he meant. Don't get me wrong things are way better for me than on the medicine . Sometimes we forget that non addicts have the same everyday problems as we do and stopping medicine doesn't make them go away . I am adjusting well and don't regret anything but just trying to be honest with my journal . Last but not least leavens thanks for the support . I'm glad you enjoyed my posts and wish you the best on your journey !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello all! 10 weeks off suboxone ! I really don't have anything new to report other than I'm sick . It sucks but I'm getting by . Besides that life is good and I went out this weekend and drank and it was nice . Till next week I suppose !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello! Week 11 off suboxone and feeling pretty good! My cold is still lingering but unlike before I've done everything I need to do. On suboxone I often slept in and never had the push, so it's nice. Still having some minor anxiety issues . All in all I feel free and have made huge strides . It's crazy how time flies and paws and suboxone is the last thing on my mind now a days. It felt like a mountain to climb at first but time heals all. I used to say I couldn't imagine life without but now it's the opposite . It's such a relief not scheduling everything around taking the medicine at night . It was my favorite part of the day. I'm not sure if anyone else still got euphoria from it after years but I did the whole time. I would get the warm feeling in my stomach and be happy for about an hour . After I'd come down pretty hard but still confused because the vast majority on here seem to experience no feeling at all . Anyway I was scared to come off of it because it provided me that relief once a day but now I don't need it . Just thought I would share ! Next week is three months and I couldn't be happier .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:54 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi I just joined this forum today & want to know I've read your entire journey! I've recently made the decision to get off Suboxone for a number of reasons the main one being I don't want to be on anything.... I can only hope that I'm able to do it & you've inspired me, thank you so much for sharing your story :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

3 FUCKING MONTHS !!!! Honestly I can't believe it ! I got over the sickness and I'm in a better place now . I gotta say I am a lot more level headed and think a lot clearer now. In the last three months I've had my ups and downs but I'm glad to say I've overcome all of it . It's a real good feeling knowing you've overcome the odds and made it out the other side . I'm not saying I'm done I'm just saying I know I can get through anything after this experience. It's made me a stronger person and made me realize that we all have a choice wether or not we wanna be on any substance . Also I'm glad your inspired by my story that's about the only reason I contunie my journal. I will be posting on a monthly basis now since really not much changes from week to week. Il check the forum tho so if any one comments il respond. I hope everyone has a good month if I don't hear from anyone !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Neverfoundnemo wrote:
109 hours in and I was able to lay down and sleep in the first attempt last night . I get like no sleep maybe 2-4 hours but I have more energy than I did on the drug ! The physical stuff is subsiding and I'm doing well. I exercise at least once a day for thirty minutes and it helped me a lot . I've been in the gym for a year and having a healthy body goes along way with the Withdrawl . I feel really good right now and I'm off to play basketball and take a drive !

this is exactly how I have been feeling! I can not sleep at all and feel 10x better already

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next