It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

One week has passed sense stopping suboxone !!! I'm proud of myself like holy crap it's been a week. I was out and about again and for about 3 hours I had mild anxiety but it's passing now . Need to go for a run now but wow the hardest part of the Withdrawl is over and I'm happy I closed the book on it. Don't know what's gonna happen in the next few weeks but everyone says the first week sucks the most and it gets better day by day . Id also like to say that the Withdrawl has not stopped me from doing anything . The busier I am the better ! On suboxone I'd sit around and play Xbox but now I like being out . Is this been the best experience of my life ? No but it's certainly not hard . Mentally accepting that's you'll be slightly uncomfortable for a little while is what was key for me. I hope my situation can provide someone with hope. Remember we don't get do overs in life so believe in yourself and you can do anything .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:10 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congrats on one week nemo! looking forward to the week 2 post. Keep up the good work and stay active it helps tremendously from this stage forward.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 8 and I feel pretty good got 7 hours of sleep. I forgot to mention I had pain in my back but today it doesn't seem bad at all. Unfortunately ibuprofen doesn't really do anything but it getting more useful day by day. A lot of people forget this drug is an extremely strong pain killer. 95% of the time I feel great with brief moments of sadness . I'm just chugging along and doing good. My stomach isn't bad either . The restless legs are seeming to subside. It could be the Xanax but I take it like 15 minutes before bed so I don't experience it's full effects . Also music is amazing now . It sends euphoria to my brain and it's almost like getting high. My senses are heightend and it keeps my mood in check . Anyway I'm up till like 6 in the morning and check this frequently so if your going through something just post it and il get back to you.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 9 and I had a bit of a rough patch last night . I stopped the Xanax because that's just a problem waiting to happen . It deff helped my sleep because I got like 2-3 hours last night but that's ok . Only problem with Xanax is the short half life and once u come off of it you get rebound anxiety . I'd rather sleep A little than feel bad for hours the day after. Just a fair warning to anyone thinking about it. Other than that I'm good ! Well except for my left arm that needs to move at night. If I could take that away I would because it's so annoying but last night I didn't let it get to me to the point I was angry . I should sleep better tonight because my body will adjust without the Xanax . I'm glad I showed self control and stoped the Xanax . Really don't wanna take a chance with anything and Xanax is highly addictive .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Good deal nemo your coming along just fine. I took kratom for sleep up ontil about night 8 and decided I needed to just suck it up and deal with the sleep issue. You'll find from this point forward you'll have some ups and downs, some good days and some not as good, but nothing horrible. The good days will slowly get better and the bad ones will get fewer and easier as time goes on. The night I took a muscle relaxer for sleep I felt the same as you described just crummy the whole next day was definately not worth it got s few hours of sleep. There wasn't really anything over the counter that would help up ontil about the 2-3 week mark I started noticing some small effects from things like withdrawal ease nighttime pills and taking magnesium and vitamin d and melatonin cocktails before bed. Just hang in there and keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 10: yesterday after I posted I felt like crap the whole day . Lots of anxiety prob a rebound from Xanax . Today wasn't so bad. Irritating to say the least. I still have the restless in my arms . Anxiety will prob go soon I know it's a symptom of the second week . I have my ups and downs but energy can be a problem I get so tried randomly . I'm hanging in there but this restlessness is getting old in my arms . Should of never had the Xanax it's causing more problems than I thought . Tomorrow should be better because yesterday was the worst and today was better.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Like I've been saying nemo it's gonna be up and down for a little while, I don't think it's from taking Xanax a few times it's just part of the process I would have good and bad days like that up ontil about 2-3 weeks. Just roll with the punches man your through the hardest part!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:58 am 

Day 10 is great!

U can do this nemo. My worst fear of everything, besides cravings, was the restless legs and arms (bk in my using days). I know it's miserable. But it almost at a turning point so hang in there!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 11 and last night was the first night I didn't have the arms problems . I got some Epsom salts and took a bath with them and it helps . Also I figured out I shouldn't be smoking my ecig right before bed because it encourages the rls. I'm not really having issues falling asleep it's more waking up 5 hours later and wanting to go back to bed but I can't . Still kinda have a lingering nervous anxiety around but I'm sure itl get better soon and it's not bad . Besides that I'm doing ok just bored and have real negative thoughts from time to time . They last a few seconds and I fight them off . Many things have gotten better so at least there's that . Just gotta push through I'm almost to the point where things will go upwards .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 12 and it was good except for one major thing . I choked on a vitamin for about ten seconds and couldn't breathe and it was really scary ! I thought I was gonna die but it passed but it never happened before and you begin to panic . Besides that's everything so far is good today gonna need to find a new way to take my vitamin . Never again will I swallow a big pill ....NEVER. Damn well nothing like a little reality check to keep everything in prespective.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 13 and I felt pretty good . My energy is coming back or the l-tyrosine is really helping either way it's good. Sleep is alright but I'm not exhausted so it takes a little longer to get to bed . Things are starting to return to normal so that's good . Can't believe itl be two weeks tomorrow ! The pain has basically gone away but now I have a runny nose and tight throat maybe from choking on the pill. Things are good here overall .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

its been two weeks! I'm starting to feel normal again so there's that ! Only problems I have consistently are headaches usually later in the day and just feeling a little light in general . Also bathroom issues are still around but it's not bad at all. Besides that things are looking good ! I am happy that I have no desire to ever touch suboxone again and no desire for opiates ! It's crazy how time flies now !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello all! It has now been three weeks!!! I thought i'd come here to update y'all on how I'm doing. Things are going good the sleep is decent but sometimes i wake up and go back to bed but longest i've gotten is 7 hours but thats ok. My throat for some reason has been acting up and i got three cavities filled a week ago and my mouth is in a lot of pain. I think the dentist did something wrong because it hurts a lot . Thats totally not medicine related I just wanted to share. The RLS is basically gone which is good. Stomach is better and I'm going to the bathroom a lot better. Anixety isn't really an issue so much but I've been feeling off when i take supplements for the gym. I think its just to much supplements because i feel like crap after I take it which is weird. Another thing I would HIGHLY recommend is l-tyrosine god that stuff is amazing. It stabilizes your mood and helps dopamine and its a vitamin so its not gonna hurt you. Best thing ever it helps so much with energy and the sadness so if you are gonna stop taking this medicine go grab a bottle because its so worth it. I have been smoking a small amount of weed before bed too but i've never had any issues with weed and it helps me sleep better but it does seem to make symptoms worse like rls . Just a fair warning to people. Im only smoking for another week or so because at that point natural sleep should start to return. I would not recommend this if u have issues with smoking pot but i don't really enjoy it so stopping won't be an issue. one thing that has scared me is that the anxiety is still lingering so I'm praying that that will fade too. It's not bad anymore but the fact its still there bothers me because I thought the medicine was the root cause . I know it takes a while for the brain to heal so I'm banking on that. Its no where near what it was when i was on the medicine but I refuse to take meds for it after this whole thing so I'm praying it goes away after my brain starts working properly. Time has flown by so fast after the first 8-10 days its crazy. I still exercise twice a day once when i get up and about four hours before bed. I stress that exercise is important in recovery it really gets your dopamine up and makes you feel better. Oh ya and I have not yet felt one hundred percent normal my legs still feel a little jelly like and walking can be a little weird . Its the same feeling I would get after i took the medicine. Should all return to normal soon but besides that my biggest problem during withdrawals were choking on that pill and my teeth issue now and my throat feeling like crap prob related to choking must of scratched it. I did not taper my medicine I just started taking less and less with no schedule. I was taking about .5 when i jumped and it wasn't so bad if I went down to .25 or even .125 it would of been a freaking cakewalk. Still no horror story here ! It wasn't the best for a week but after that everything flew by and I look forward to feeling better every week that goes by. I have done this all by myself too no meetings and no therapy! That stuff really never personally helped me but I'm sure it could be helpful too. I don't intend to abstain from a night out of drinking with buddies. I haven't drank anything in two years because of the medicine. In all honesty I needed to get off this specific medication and I know i can never over indulge on other substances but I'm gonna live my life. I now know what the consequences are for abusing substances and will never go down this road again. I will respond to all posts and if no one posts I will be updating every week for at least the next year. I like to hear from you guys so please do respond !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello everyone! I'm hours away from a month now and it's awesome . I do have not the best news to report . This week has been absolutely awful. I did some research and it seems other people have issues with the third week for some reason . I've been pretty anxious and overall not feeling well. I've had cravings but not really for drugs more for food and Powerade and I know it's normal . I went to the doctor and she said I had a bacterial infection in my throat so it sure that is contributing to this bad week. Antibiotics suck and it makes your stomach feel terrible . Today I got so mad it was crazy. I was mad about feeling like this when it will be a month later today. I know a month isn't a huge amount of time and I'm not sure how much of this is being sick, but I have just had a string of bad days . I have no desire to go back and I know this will pass but damn it's frustrating. I just wanna be normal ! It's more likely a combination of my teeth still hurting and the bacteria in my throat causing me issues. The physical stuff is basically gone which is great. Today was ok for most of the day so I'm improving and the antibiotics should really start to work tomorrow so I have high hopes for that . :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:23 pm 

I know when I'm sick with even a cold, I get so emotional and frustrated. It's like I can't handle being sick like I used to. I can only imagine being sick on top of not feeling good because of coming off suboxone. Hang in there, a month is extremely good! You've accomplished a lot, so just keep pushing forward and soon it'll all be 100% better.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ITS BEEN A MONTH!!! I woke up today feeling fantastic and I have no idea why! Today was easily the best day I've had i felt pretty normal. Weird considering I had such a bad week. I needed this and I'm so thankful I had a day like this. Its just a preview of what to come and I was kinda in the when am i gonna feel better mindset. I now know what I have to look forward too! On day 1 I thought a month was so far away and I'm amazed how quickly time is going by. Besides my last few days everything has been pretty good. The whole process overall has not been totally bad and I'm almost certain my last few days were me being sick on top of the minimal withdraw symptoms that linger. Im really proud of myself for doing this and the only obstacle I have left is not smoking weed before bed. Im sure it will be a few rough nights of sleep but thats fine because i won't be under the influence of anything and can get up and do stuff like go for a drive. So far its been a crazy journey but today I saw a glimpse of the future and am truly excited about the next few weeks. I have one more month till school starts and Im excited because il have stuff to keep me occupied. Thank you to all who have responded to my posts and supported me ! I can tell you it does help and when people don't respond it can get discouraging. I am going to try to start to respond to other people struggling because it helps a lot. If you are just a reader I would encourage you to post and respond because it truly does help people who are in a tough situation. It reminds someone that there is at least another person out there that cares about them and gives support.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello all I just stopped by to tell you that yesterday i decided that a month of smoking weed was long enough for me. I didnt smoke last night and i got to sleep pretty quickly. Didn't get much sleep but wow today was the first day substance free in almost 6 years! Feels good to be able to just put it down and not think twice about it. I had a good day today too! I'm having chest pain now but that always seem to come when i take my antibiotic i absolutely hate this medicine. I can't wait to not be taking this crap and not be sick.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hello all! I figured id stop by and post an update. Today i stopped taking my antibiotic and I felt great pretty much all day. My anxiety and dizziness are so far spread out and short lasting that it doesn't bother me much anymore ! Sleep has been a little tough but thats to be expected after stopping the pot. I always wake up like 3 hours after and I go back to sleep but I can never tell how much sleep I get because I feel like I wake up a few times but I'm sure I get like 5-6 in total. Today I laughed a lot and i feel great right now. Things are really improving slowly and it feels awesome . Im having wisdom teeth pain and it sucks !!! I think they are gonna have to come out and its lowsy because Ive been sick/ in pain from my cavities for two weeks. Now I gotta deal with wisdom teeth ughhhh! So unfortunate but hey its ok! Gonna be taking advil and telling the surgeon not to prescribe me pain killers ! Overall I got no complaints I'm in a pretty good state mentally and looking forward to feeling even better in the coming weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello all! It's been 5 weeks !! This week has been fantastic! Some minor bumps in the road like on Friday my rls in my arms started up and didn't get to bed till like 7 in the morning but got up and moved a couch and was productive nothing big ! Sleep is returning and I'm not waking up 3 hours after I go to bed it's more like 5 hours after which is fine because I go right back to sleep! Only annoying thing really left is RLS in my arms which only seems to act up here and there I haven't figured it out . Mentally I'm doing real good and feeling great except for very Brief periods of minor anxiety but nothing out of control like when I was on the medicine . My stomach is good but during the end of the day I usually have to go real bad randomly but some of that is antibiotics because they mess with your stomach . I stopped weed about a week ago and haven't looked back since and I feel better without it ! Still exercising twice a day but soon I need to rest because my back is getting sore and not getting enough rest between the weights and the running . I have no regrets about stopping and am thankful that I got through the worst of it ! It can only get better from here ! Life is good and I feel like I can take on anything !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello Everyone I am posting a few hours short of SIX WEEKS!!!! I come barring questions and this is the reason I'm not waiting until tonight. I am having wisdom teeth surgery tomorrow and the doctor says I'm not gonna be able to take the pain without pain pills. My question is if the pain is simply unbearable and i used it to get through the first day would i negatively impact my withdraw from suboxone? I hope Dr. J can give me an answer and some insight. Besides that I am feeling GREAT besides the pain in my throat and headaches which is most likely because I have impacted wisdom teeth. My stomach is better but I'm sure that will go back down with antibiotics. The RLS is finally gone or for the most part its at like 3% it doesn't even bother me ! Im not even thinking about paws and really feel normal . Im sleeping well but my back is still sore so I've decided to take a few days off from the gym. My car broke down in a bad neighborhood and I handled it really well. That was saturday but the next day i fixed it right up. My trouble walking is gone and my anxiety went from like a 9 on medicine to like a 2 now. Doesn't bother me at all. I have no doubt it will contunie to subside as I feel better and better each week. Im less than two weeks from going back to school and am a little anxious about the surgery but an impacted wisdom tooth can affect your health in so many ways and its most likely the cause of a the few issues I have left. So if anyone knows if pain killers will screw me up please let me know. Like I said i will only take them if advil isn't doing the trick and the pain is just unbearable as a last resort. I should be fine with advil but I'm just gathering information.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next