It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Getting off Sub
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Okay guys ... I be getting off Sub in the next 2-3 weeks. Decided that some big change is needed in my life. It's been obvious after 2-3 years that something wasn't working. I'd been spending increasingly more time depressed and isolated. Given that this medication they prescribe is supposed to increase one's quality of life, yet I'd many moments in the last few months considering ending it ... then it's obvious medicine don't have the answer to my problem. At least not in a point in history when medicine's best solution to opiate addiction is to prescribe addicts opiates.

So I spent the last 3 weeks on short-acting opiates ... this week I've found myself taking a lil bit of sub again and quit the SAO's because (a) I'm helping someone else detox off heroin, and want to make it as easy for them by not using... (b) I want the end of my detox to coincide with an appointment at a clinic to get a naltrexone implant. My friend and I plan on continuing life opioid free with our lil naltrexone chips.

There's money enough to let me take some time off work. It's a big change too so I've taken a leave of absence from uni. Considering a career change as a bank robber. Maybe it's cos Heat with Al Pacino was just on TV.

So far going from 12mg a day to 1-2mg a day ... other than the restless legs and general fuckedness ... I'm loving MUSIC again. Nearly blew my subwoofer I was rocking out so hard. I baked up a big batch of hash brownies. As long as I can keep em down, they're my ticket to sleep (hopefully). They never fail to knock meeee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So the answer to a better life is different opiates and weed? Doesn't sound very appealing. I always read stories from addicts where they stop suboxone because they want to live a clean and sober life blah blah blah. But. Then once they get off they drink, smoke weed, ect. How is this leading a clean and sober life? Sounds like a continuation of using life to me. But. Just my opinion.

Aside. I'm glad you are at the point where you are ready to make some changes in your life and get out there and start living. That's awesome man. However lol. You can also live a full life and still experience things the same as everyone else while on suboxone. It's just that being an addict, if we leave ourselves in a constant place of taking suboxone and doing very little for anything else, life can start to suck.... Alot. So why not take away the easiest thing we can think of? Suboxone. And I know suboxone is hella hard to stop don't get me wrong, but it's a lot harder to change your personality and way you live. Seriously.

So. Good for you tee jay.

Post subject: Naltrexone....
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

IME, don't antagonize your opiate receptors with the Naltrexone unless you are really fearing that you will go back to using. Naltrexone made me feel like crap. You see, when coming off opiates, you want to raise your endorphin levels as much as possible to reduce symptoms, but how can your endorphins attach to these receptors if you have naltrexone bound to them. Personally, naltrexone made me feel like absolute shit. No restlessness, but full of depression and anxiety. Just my suggestion, maybe try LDN (low-dose naltrexone) temporarily, if you really want, with Revia tablets, then start a decent exercise regimen to boost endorphins further.

My 2cents

-Manny

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

TJ, I support you in your efforts to get off Suboxone, but I'm not gonna lie to you, it scares the shit outta me for you. BUT, I know I've probably scared the shit outta you with my lapses over the years and I've managed to keep putting one foot in front of the other and learning from my mistakes.....I wish you nothing but the very best of luck and if there's anything I can do to help ya, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hi teejay :)

I too respect your choice. I know how hard all this rubbish can be. Up down up down. It gets pretty old! I honestly have no experience with the implant. But I'd like to hear your experience with it if you choose to do so. I was on subs for 5+ years. I started on 32mgs and tapered down eventually to 2-1.5mg. (I couldn't get any lower)

I was constantly shooting myself in the foot and running out early. Id take more at night because I'd already start to feel shitty by then since my a.m. dose. So I made the jump at 2mgs. That was just my prerogative. I'm on a month and 2 weeks now off of subs. You can totally do it. I wish you nothing but the best!

Oh, and music... Lol. Hell yea, it sounds incredible. Like never before. I wanted to blast it so hard in my car that i wanted it to hurt my eardrums lol. I think I possibly might of even blown my sub in my room, too. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i have found the best way to quit subs and pills is to quit. just put them all down and walk away. sure pain and withdrawals await you but how bad do you want to be sober and be able to enjoy life again. i have quit pills twice cold turkey and subs once cold turkey and each time i went through hell and back but each time made me smarter and stronger. you gotta want it more than anything else in the world. in your mind sobriety has to be the most important thing and anything less is unacceptable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah look it is time for a change. mydecision to dropsub is a part of a bigger plan to disengage from medicine as the answer to my problems. for the last few years medicine has been my panacea, and after trialling a raft of medications, hoping to hell that somenew script will solve my problems, only to find myself considering exiting more with each failed endeavor.

I'm going to stick on lithium, but that's it. naltrexone is simply a measure for relapse prevention. keeping my endorphins asleep is a fair price to payto keep myself out of addiction.

as for hash brownies. their purpose is to assist with sleep through detox, just like they prescribe benzos in detox to give patients some shut eye. nothing more. im hardly a fan of weed as a drug but while it canserve a purpose.

I'llstick around and let you knowhow we go.

tj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:31 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

We've been looking into Ibogaine. Might sound like a crazy idea, but I really feel my life's at an important juncture and it's time to have a serious look at my life.

I can't say much about it at this stage. All I know is that I won't be able to partake while Sub's still in my body. As a drug bupeis so darn "sticky", that the Ibogaine cannot displace it, so there's no rapid-detox benefit. So for the next 2 weeks I be swallowing 110mg MS-Contin, non-chewed, just to keep withdrawals at bay and hopefully flush the bupe from my body so Ibogaine can be effective..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Teejay,

I know you've been struggling for a while now, much longer than I've been a member here.. I just want to offer some support. I know a lot of people would tell you to stick to suboxone because, well, at least you're alive and don't have go through the motions of being a junkie, but what good is maintenance if you're so miserable that you don't care to live? I totally understand why you want.. why you need.. to find a different path. I get it. It's a kind of a shame though, I wish you weren't as uncomfortable as you seem to be on suboxone. I wish it could have worked for you for just a little while.. at least long enough to give you a clear and comfortable break from old thinking patterns. At the very least, that's what suboxone should do. I don't say this because I believe medication/suboxone/pharm to be the only answer, I don't.. I just feel it's easier on everyone when a medication does what it should do and I feel like you've had a rough road.

Who is this "friend" or should I say the "we" you reference? Are you back together with your girlfriend? Is this the woman from your recent update in your other thread? Or just a running buddy? Not that I need to know or have any right to know, I'm just being curious. I'm a curious person. =)

Good luck with your plan, I truly hope you find your way to some inner and outer peace with out too many more bumps in the road. Hang in there, dude!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tiny...

I don't wanna make it sound like my life's really bleak because it isn't. It just happens that the last couple of months have been really difficult, even while my addiction was effectively managed with Suboxone and my bipolar treated with the help of a very expensive doctor with a good reputation.

Also, I actually experienced a long period of stability and recovery while on Suboxone. I've been on it 2-3 years now, and in that time a lot has changed. I work, study, am actually allowed to babysit my niece !! ... my family's back in my life. I have no legal issues or money issues. Over these years I've experienced for the most part what it's like to walk a path free from thoughts of drugs. A lot has changed for the positive.

However I did feel myself becoming more and more a shadow of my former self the longer I stayed on Sub. I felt like I was going through the motions. Hell, I even jumped out of a plane to try and get some of that old excitement back and through the whole thing I was cool as a cucumber. I couldn't have given a shit. If I go diving and see cool shit, it doesn't register.

So when I started experiencing more depression towards the end of last year, and found myself turning back to heroin with more regularity, it was clear the benefits I was receiving from being on Sub and mood stabilisers had dwindled. Something had changed. I also think my impending 30th birthday has really got me thinking.

As for her ... she's the lady who fell out of the sky and into my life around the time my ex decided to bail. It was just bizarre how that eventuated, but at the moment we're having a positive effect on each other. She's just at a point in her life where she realises she really wants kids, and knows she can't do it while she keeps hustling and using. I spent the last 6 days trying to feed her, cleaning puke from walls and sheets, meticulously doling out her detox medication regimen. She's 6 days clean now, which is huge for someone who was on a 3+ gram a day heroin habit. Now she's eating solids and functioning, it's her turn to take care of me to get off this Sub stuff. So it's 1 x week of short-acting-opioids (morphine) then 1x week of hanging out for me.

Ibogaine will be more about relapse prevention than doing it for any kinda rapid-detox.

Post subject: Ibogaine
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:19 pm 

Wow TJ,

That is one hell of a plan. I can't say whether I agree or not because my knowledge of Ibo is limited to what I've read on Google and here. It scares me too much to even consider putting it into my body. Plus, it's illegal in the U.S. so trying to get some would be an issue.

If it makes you feel any better it took me two weeks to get 1 mg of Suboxone out of my system using 10 mg's of Hydrocodone every four hours. A tiny bit of withdrawal was there but not enough to even say I was uncomfortable. Maybe just a tad sweaty and antsy, but overall, okay. So if you can stick to your plan of not crushing them then you might be successful at getting the Bupe out of your system.

Have you ever tried Ibogaine before? I'm just hoping you know what you're in for once the drug starts taking effect.

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Rule.

No I have not yet tried Ibogaine. I've had a lot of experience with other psychedelic drugs back in the day, but by all accounts Ibogaine is another beast entirely. I'm approaching it with a feeling of excitement, kindof like how I approached skydiving. I'll have no idea what it'll feel like once I'm dosed and it'll be like going into the unknown... but I kinda like that.

I'm not expecting any miracles, but if it can at least provide a fresh perspective on my recovery, and life, it'll be worth it.

At the moment I'm corresponding with a guy who runs a clinic not far from me. Will keep you guys posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow TeeJay...I want details!!!! :P

I have read some pretty weird stuff about Ibogaine treatment...I can't wait to read your report of how it goes for you! As I have said before to others, whatever works for you is cool. I think you have been doing this long enough you know what to expect when you get off the subs. Be careful though, I want to keep reading your updates K?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Will definitely keep you posted. It's a big move and I've started the process already. I'm about 4 days without Sub, instead swallowing 100mg MS-contin "grey nurses" to stave off withdrawals. Frustrating thing is even with 100mg morph slow-release a day I'm still definitely withdrawing. The 100mg morph only seems to make it manageable. Really to match my tolerance that Subs left me with I reckon I'd need more like 300 or 400mg to not feel sick.

The plan is to continue this until Friday. In theory it should leave me with a week of nasty acute withdrawal to deal with instead of the approx 2 weeks I usually associate with coming off Sub.

So far I've had no real temptation to chew / snort / inject the morphine. Pharmaceuticals were never my problem and as such I don't see much of a trigger when I see a blister pack.

For after Friday, I have clonidine, valium, rivotril and serapax on hand for if I need them. I'm really wary of benzos because of rebound anxiety, so they'll only be used sparingly.

At this stage I'm investigating both Ibogaine and naltrexone. I have an appointment with a naltrexone clinic tomorrow to discuss options like vivitrol and implants. Mr Ibogaine seems to have stopped replying to my emails which isn't cool. Hopefully he'll be back cos I def still want that option on the table.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:17 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So fucking horny.

Post subject: An added benefit
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:53 am 

LOL! One of the added benefits to stopping opiates. In your case it was because of a very large decrease. Be glad you are at least getting something good out of this journey. Your girlfriend must be very pleased.

Keep us posted on both good and bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I for one TJ am so HAPPY for you. Sub sux. Im sorry forum, but that is how I feel. I hate sub. I totally support you TJ in doing what you are doing. I have a friend/uh.. person I know, who did ibogaine. She is a friggen wreck bc she was not open to a new way of thinking or living. Plus she kept taking sub/???? She went to a clinic in Mexico where she paid $5000 for a week treatment. She did not mention much about the "trip" if you will, I believe it CAN and WILL work for you TJ if you want and let it. ANYTHING is possible if you just put your mind to it. RIGHT? Our thoughts create our reality. SO if you start drug seeking behavior, tell yourself to STOP and go for a walk, like I did today. I am gonna tell you what my doctor told me. "Do nOT allow Heroin or any drug be an OPTION" Just take the drugs out of the equation. Easier said than done? Maybe, but you have been thru so much. And 30 is a good age to get it together already which you totally CAN and WILL do. Nobody is gauranteed anything in this life. This experience has made you stronger and gave you the coping skills you need to continue on your journey especially with a new love in your life. You need eachother. You can be the one who holds it together or lets it fall apart. You choose. SO GOOD for you for taking CONTROL of YOUR LIFE brother. You know what YOU need. YOU know what YOU can handle. What is best for TJ. Please do not forget to look into herbs and alternative medicine like accupuncture and I just posed a thread about "Black Seed" you can get it at Mountain Rose Herbs online. It is said to be the cure of everything exceot death. This includes OPIATE ADDICTION issues.. Yup! That is what is said. SO check out the link below... Ya never never know... BLESS YOU, You have helped me in a million ways these past year or two.I sure hope I can return the favor...and congrats on the new lady in your life. I truly hope she knows what she has.....(and you too)
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/black- ... hing-death

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The issue with Ibogaine is that for sub users it does not work unless a sub user has stopped using subs for 4-6 months. I have spoken directly to 3 people about this and a 5 months laterr later still claimed of fatigue and depression, basically PAWS, this is even after switching to a shorter acting opiate for couple of weeks. Nearly all genuine providers say you must at least be off subs for minimum 3-4 months, even then its very grueling. Too many people have suffered, relapsed, caved in, had PAWS from doing Ibogaine from suboxone for it to work, just does not cut it out, so if you can wait for 4 months (more the better) then it may just help..Brain chemistry will still need to go through stages of re-wiring, still got to play the piper...With naltrexone you still get PAWS, from others experiences inpatient or naltrexone only take away 2 weeks of withdrawals of sub, but you can take a clonidine or other comfort meds for 2 weeks to help sub acute withdrawals...The acute withdrawals are never an issue with sub but the PAWS and depression, and nothing seems to help that other then time...

My plan if needed to be is to switch to a short acting opiate for 6 months then perhaps do Ibogaine, this is the advice by a provider I am in contact with, he said based on his experience Ibogaine does not do its job in knocking off suboxone or subutex and does not want to be responsible for peoples PAWS and failure post-Ibogaine, he's seen it too many times to ever detox anybody from suboxone ever again, so he's advised to be clean from sub for 6 months or so...Also there have been a another death from Ibogaine, some lady tried doing it from methadone and got brain damaged..So precaution should be taken.

Last edited by Icaras on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Am also looking into using small doses of Ibogaine to taper off sub. I am on 0.5mg now and Ive been told you can microdose using the root bark form of Ibogaine to taper quickly off sub without much withdrawals, so maybe that is something to look into for folks tapering the sub. You can taper it quicker but not too quick..Basically take small doses of Iboga when you wake up, then take your sub dose but less of it. Like I said even 2-3 months clear of sub the Iboga has struggled big time with sub users.. One person could not handle it so went to methadone, he took morphine for 2 months then did Ibogaine, and still had withdrawals and PAWS afterwards, even with small doses or what you call boosters, he still felt mentally messed up 9 months down the line...

I have not personally met anybody who succeeded using Iboga from sub except only 1 person who was 8 months away from sub yet had to do 3 flood doses of Ibogaine coupled with small doses afterwards to feel half normal, still this day they are taking small doses of Iboga, thats how strong sub is and why Ibogaine simply does not work at all for sub users, unless like I mentioned they go down to 0.2 of subs, stabilize, then either take short acting opiates for 4-8 months or are far away from subs for 4-8 months before doing Ibogaine, or else it's a waste of money, same with naltrexone you still feel the sub PAWS, which is the main issue with subs, the acute pshycal is actually very mild coming off subs, again another reasons why inpatient and Ibogaine simply do not work.. Then there is the risk of brain damage because few people I spoke with claim they do not feel right in the head 1-3 years after doing Ibogaine, not all of them did sub either, so side affects are real from Ibogaine and very dangerous, having said that am not going to rule it out myself once am clear from sub for 8 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys ... Yesterday was first day off all opioids and FUCK what a ride. In bed kicking around like a comlete mess while she lies there sleeping like a little baby from all the benzos she's dosed herself up on. I was so resentful at her for being able to sleep I was literally kicking her in her sleep and she still wouldn't stir. Plus I was suspicious she kept her pills hidden, even though they were OUR pills meant for OUR detox. Meanwhile all I could find was 4 x 0.1 mg catapres / Clonidine which took the edge off but that's about it. I dunno what to do to be honest. Because she has gear on her 99% of the time it adds a layer of complication. It seems that if one of us is getting clean at the one time it is achievable, but both trying at the same time, those head games can kick in and while I got through lastnight dunno if we could do tonight without some kind of mild Diazepam.

So my plan is thus. I'm going to finish the last of my grey nurses going to finish them off and on Thursday going to see if Mum will put me up for a week. Should give me some distance to detox from both her and the lifestyle. Also contacting a local "home detox" centre which will provide diazepam , cataprex / clonidine, maxalon, doloxene.

Spoke to Mr Iboga on the phone lastnight. He was really reasonable, smart dude. Truly believes in the treatent. Ex-methadone addict of 23 years!!!!! Proof in the pudding? He emailed me some questionnaires. Funny people mentioned 2, 3, 6 months post-sub for ibogaine. He mentioned 1 month.

Quote:
IBOGAINE TREATMENT—PATIENT INFORMED CONSENT FORM

OVERVIEW

I have been asked to read the following material to ensure that I am informed of the
nature of this treatment, and what will be involved in my participation if I consent
to participate. A written informed consent prior to participation in this treatment is
necessary so I can know the nature and risks of my participation, and can choose to
participate in a free and informed manner. My signature on this form indicates that I
have been so informed, both by reading this document and being verbally informed
regarding the treatment. I understand and accept both the terms of my participation
and the possible risks to myself in participating, and give my consent to undergo
treatment.
Ibogaine is a naturally occurring substance that is the single isolated active
alkaloid present in the root bark of the shrub Tabernanthe iboga, which is native to
west Africa. Ibogaine has been reported to have anti-addictive properties. While
ibogaine is considered an oneirophrenic (dream creating substance), it also has
effects on neurochemical and neurotransmitter systems in the brain that are believed
to be involved in reducing the symptoms of opiate withdrawal, depression, and
post-treatment cravings. Ibogaine is not currently FDA approved and is considered
a Schedule I substance in the United States and a schedule 4 in Australia.

PATIENT SELECTION CRITERIA

I am voluntarily participating in this treatment, and I am over the age of 18. I hereby
state that I have no history of psychosis, nor has there been anyone in my
immediate family with psychotic disorder. I also state that I have informed my
practitioner of any other mental or physical disability or illness.
I also agree that I have not used any illicit substance or drugs 12 hours prior to my
treatment, 24 hours for methadone and 72 hours for amphetamines, minimum 72 hours days for alcohol
and I have not brought any illicit substance, or have same on my person
and I am willing to surrender if requested to do so.
I have been informed that taking ibogaine with psychotropic drugs is dangerous
and can result in death. I also agree not to take any drugs or medications which are
not administered by my practitioner participating in this treatment. I agree to
communicate all my medical conditions and current medications as well as ask any questions I might have about the treatment.
I understand that I will be monitored for at least the first 24 hours after taking
ibogaine and my treatment will be determined depending on the type of drug I am
detoxifying from and my signs of recuperation. If I am not feeling well, and if
practitioners are concerned about my current condition, treatment may be
discontinued and if I am asked to see a doctor, I am willing to do so.

POSSIBLE RISKS

The risks involved in this study are those incurred by taking ibogaine. Since
ibogaine is an experimental substance no long term side effects have been observed
at the dosage that I will receive. However, there have been no clinical studies about
long term effects of ibogaine.
Toxicological studies of ibogaine conducted in primates have shown that oral
administration at the doses being used for the treatment of opiate and addiction
interruption appear to be safe. No long term behavioral or cerebral toxicity has been
shown. Clinical studies in human subjects under controlled conditions have shown
no long-term adverse affects. These results suggest that oral doses of ibogaine are
safe and well tolerated within this dose range.
I understand that the usual doses used to treat addiction can cause distortions in
body sensations, perceptions, and thinking. The dosage administered to myself in
this treatment will depend on my body weight, and the drug(s) I am currently
taking. The effects of ibogaine ingestion can include abnormal sensory perception,
such as visual distortions, visual hallucinations, increased sensitivity to light and
sounds, auditory hallucinations, and energetic bodily sensations.
Ibogaine can bring to the surface repressed memories from the unconscious, and
these images may be observed in an emotionally detached way. Some subjects
taking ibogaine report seeing images from their childhood. While these experiences
are described by most people as profound and beneficial, to some they may be
frightening and may produce anxiety and confusion. By signing this consent form, I
hereby indicate my understanding and acceptance of the risks of anxiety and
confusion which may be caused (on a temporary basis) by ibogaine ingestion.
Descriptions of this state appear more consistent with the experience of dreams,
rather than hallucinations.
The effects of ibogaine listed above usually begin 30 minutes to 2 hours after oral
administration and can last up to 8 hours. After the visual dream phase, there is a
period of intellectual evaluation which can last up to 24 hours. This phase is
described as analytical and reflective. Attention is focused on inner subjective
experience rather than the external environment and attention during this phase is
directed at evaluating the experience of the dreams.

FREQUENT SIDE EFFECTS OF IBOGAINE:

1. Nausea and movement-induced vomiting
2. Ataxia (impaired motor coordination)
3. Visual distortion
4. Decreased need for sleep for several days. This is a frequent and common side
effect in opiate detox.
5. Restlessness. This can last several hours.
6. Impairment of concentration and verbal communication. This is usual
experienced during the first 6 hours.

I understand that these side effects are transitory and wear off completely after
approximately 24 to 36 hours, although the reduced need for sleep can last for several
days and I may also experience a reduction in appetite.

I hereby attest that I have been informed and understand that there have been
reported deaths due to combination of ibogaine and other drugs. I also understand
that once treated with ibogaine I will be more sensitive to narcotics and a
considerable reduction in tolerance may cause me too easily over dose. I am aware
that if I take any drugs during the ibogaine treatment I could die, and I agree to hold
the individuals or practitioners, including any persons involved, in my referral for
treatment harmless of any claims, liabilities, or damages which may occur or be
determined to have occurred due to the administration of ibogaine. I also
understand that if I experience distressing side effects of any sort that appropriate
medical services will be provided or I will be referred to the appropriate
professional care or facilities. I agree that after my treatment I will seek medical
attention if health abnormalities arise.

CONFIDENTIALITY
I understand that my treatment will be held in confidentiality and all members
participating will be held in confidentiality for the protection of my character and
theirs.

PATIENT AUTHORIZED STATEMENT

I have brought my own Ibogaine with me and will be administering it to myself.
I understand the side effects and harms that can be caused by participating in any
experimental treatment program, despite the use of high standards of care. Known
side effects have been described to me both verbally and in this document. I have
been able to ask all the questions I may have about the treatment, and they have
been answered clearly and in detail, and I fully understand the answers that have
been provided to me. I have read and fully understand the information, and I am
participating in this treatment freely and voluntarily.
…………..

Signature and date ________________________________________

Witness________________________________________________

Quote:
Ibogaine

Ibogaine treatment can take between 2 to 5 days depending on the reason for treatment.

The first night of administration there will be two people watching over you. The first 12 hours of your treatment you are watched constantly.

We supply nutritious meals, make sure you drink plenty of water and exercise by going for walks and swims to get the body moving

The cost of an addiction treatment is $3800AUD or Psycho spiritual is $2500
It is best not to do the treatment in your home. It is preferable that it’s done in a neutral environment.

There is a place on the Gold Coast that we use. It’s called “Hill Haven”

Hill Haven is situated in Burleigh Heads on the Gold Coast. The cost of accommodation at Hill Haven off peak is approx’ $500 for 3 days or around $1200 for the week depending on the season, the cost of accommodation is an additional expense. This gives you beach views and has easy access to walking in a national park and to swim which is important post treatment.

Prior to treatment you need to get an ECG ( heart test) and a blood liver count to make sure your liver is strong enough for the treatment. You should be able to do this at your local doctor’s office.

If you are asked why this is necessary let the doctor know that it is a request from a naturopath that needs to see the state of your liver and heart.

Normally I need 1 months’ notice for treatments so I can free myself up for the time needed.

Ideally for methadone patients we would like someone you know to come and help you after I go. If I am there for 4 days then your after carer should come on the 3rd or 4th day.

For opiate withdrawal, especially methadone you will need the apartment for 7 days.
For psycho spiritual you should only need the apartment for 4 days.

Questions:

Reason for treatment?

If addiction, what is the nature of the addiction, opiates, amphetamines, cocaine, alcohol etc.?

How long addicted?

Wether addicted or not what other substances do you use?

Any history of psychosis

Drugs used in the last month?

Amounts used and how often?

Do you smoke?

Medication you are on, eg; antidepressants.

Any allergies?

Height and weight?

Age?

Male or female?

Next of kin?

Foods you don’t like to eat?