It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I jumped into this discussion because people(Icarus and his opposition) were talking about using short acting opiats to bridge the gap before ibogane witch is actually not a bad idea if u understand ibogane and want to use it as a sub patient... ....just using them for a few days after suboxone would just be pointless......Look I am not recommending anybody do this myself... there are other people who are recommending this irresponsibly(Icarus) and I actualy gave him a piece of my mind in another thread.......I'm only chiming in to this stuff because people talk about it in a upside down context.....obviously if your gunna use short acting opiats for a year after sub ur gunna be very much addicted.... Obviously it would have been better just to do that in the first place......but for some people they got on suboxone because a doctor told them it would be easier to stop on suboxone and plenty of people are finding this not to be the case.....like myself, I withdrew from fent and oxy and it was rough, but it was over after two weeks and i completed a few more years of military service....I came back with new injury's went back on pain killers and my doctor convinced me to go on suboxone cuz it would be easier to quit....I have found out that he was wrong, for me a short and intense withdrawl is much easyer to overcome and move on with life than a long lingering mild withdrawl I have succeeded in normal withdrawl and lived to be injured again in war....so far I have only failed at suboxone abstinence ........ICARUS this is why I recommended leaving this topic alone your bringing it up in places where it's not needed and then because I believe in this method, I feel the need to clear up the misunderstandings that I read after u get everybody all worked up.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

For what it's worth I went cold turkey off of 16mg/day of Suboxone 75 days ago. I feel almost 100% "normal" now, and I have to say I feel better now than I have in the past 5-6 years, the last 3 of which i was on Suboxone. I would say that the actual withdrawal period for me was about 6 weeks. At 6 weeks i started sleeping through the night. At this point my stomach tends to get upset more easily than normal, and I am more emotional/irritable/reactive than what I would consider normal, but I wouldn't say I'm withdrawing. Dr. J said it takes 8-12 weeks for new opiate receptors to regenerate after going off Suboxone. I'm in week 11 and feeling pretty decent, and I expect to feel even better after 12 weeks. I think implying that it takes 6-12 months to recover only serves to scare people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yea it sure scared the shit out of me when 6 months after jumping at quarter miligram I had hot/cold sweats insomnia and all the other aches and pains of withdrawal i apologize if that's scary....I'm sure it does scare people but is that any reason to just pretend its easier than it really is to stop? I don't understand that logic.........honestly i wish somebody had either scared me or at least been realistic with me when I started sub, if I had know the truth about what I would be dealing with after steping up to suboxone, I woulda just did another 2 week detox like I did before my second deployment........you went cold turkey off 16 mg and its working out for you?? I don't think it's like that for anybody else....

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm not implying that your telling a lie about jumping at 16 it's just a hell of a jump.....i hear about people getting off subs when they used them for a few months......I never heard of ANYBODY staying off more than a year or a year and a half after long term use AT ALL.....So it's quite an accomplishment if you stay off opiats after jumping from a 16 mg suboxone addiction......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I spent 3 weeks in a detox to make that jump - and yes, it was a living hell. I don't recommend it. I posted a thread about it if you're interested. The reason I'm staying clean is that I made a commitment to a 12 step recovery group. Left to my own devices I definately would have picked up by now.
And yes, I agree that if there were any reliable information out there about the long term effects of Sub I never would have gone on it. RB is selling a bill of goods and making a mint doing it - but the truth will come out in the end.

....sorry TJ, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That's a hell of a detox