It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:43 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey so I finally feel like I'm ready to be free. I'm done with the drug lifestyle and ready to move forward and succeed in life.
I've been on subs about 2 years and have come so far in that time, now feeling like who I was before I started OCs.
I began at 8mg for a while and cut down to 4mg about 5 months ago and have been steady on 4mg until about 2 weeks ago I decided to try and get off completely.

About a week ago I went down to 2mg for 4 days and I've been on 1mg the past 3 days, now I'm thinking about cutting to .5MG the next 3 days and then try and completely get off.

The WD hasn't been noticeable at all, I tried the past two days to not take anything but eventually caved and took 1MG because I realized it would be far too fast otherwise and I'd have worse WD. Sort of had restless leg a 2 days ago, but slept well last night at 1MG from 4MG about a week and a half ago, and currently am feeling really good, thinking alot more clearly.

Any advice? Thanks ! Wish me luck, so excited to be FREE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:22 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

anyone ? advice ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi dzeman21,

Welcome to the forum!!!

That's a really good sign that you were able to taper as low as you have with minimal wd, that usually means when you do quit Suboxone that your wd won't be bad.

Seeing as you're at a really low dose, rotating on and off you Suboxone is a good taper strategy. Keep trying to skip a day here and there as you feel you can, then try skipping two days.

Just a note, I understand you want to be free, but that freedom comes with it's own set of risks. Living completely drug free usually takes work. Do you have any recovery plans in place?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:16 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

thanks alot for the response. and yeah I have alot of support and am honestly in a realy good place personally. I'm working and going to college, and just am getting a high off of doing the right thing and trying to be a good person honestly. keeping my parents proud and allowing those around me to worry about themselves instead of me.

I know it will be tough, but it's been a long time and i really have no interest in getting back into that lifestyle.. i have no contacts anymore, and attend NA as well as church.

I took .5MG today, hopefully none tomorrow, maybe .25MG.

So it goes
-Daily dose at 4MG for over 6 months, and 8MG for about 6 Months before that.
- as of 7/24- 4MG
7/ 25- 2MG
7/26- 1MG
7/27- 1 MG
7/28- 1MG
7-29 (today)- .5MG
7/30- hopefully .25MG or none
7/31- hopefully done
8/1- DONE

how's that look ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello dzeman and welcome. I'm also tapering off the Suboxone getting my dose down from a high of 24mgs to now just under 2mg per day. I tried to jump from the 2mg several times with no success. I finally made the decision to taper as low as I could get and then make the jump.

I am reducing by very tiny amounts of .063mg every 4-7 days. That's taking a .25mg piece and cutting it into 4 tiny pieces. Very, VERY small pieces. If I feel ok after 4 days I will reduce again. If I still feel a bit "off" after 4 days I will remain on the same dose for another day or two and then reduce. As someone else here said, it's no race and all you have to do is finish. In my own personal opinion I believe the slower you reduce the better. Not everyone will agree with that of course and you have to find the way that works best for you personally.

I completely understand wanting off the sub real fast as I did too, but your plan does sound a bit quick to me personally. I made large dose reductions when I was on 24mgs down to 6-8mgs like your plan has going from 2mg to 1mg and then to .5mg. Those are 50% reductions and actually seem quite high as this stuff is so strong. But it may work for YOU and that's all that matters in the end.

You might give some consideration to making the doses much smaller like I'm doing. This is only my second day reducing from 2mg, but so far I feel ok. Not perfect by any means, but not that bad either. I'm doing anything I want to do too. I don't believe it's suppose to go perfect as we're getting off strong drugs so a little discomfort should be expected in my oponion.

I will support you no matter what you decide to do. I wish you the absolute best trying to get off this stuff too. I'll keep checking on you and continue to post updates if you could please. I think the more we learn about bupe in general the more informed we all can be in the end. Take care and talk to you later. My thread is here if you want to check it out also.

Karen :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:31 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

when i dosing stop completely will i still be feeling minor WD symptoms for a few days - week or will those WD symptoms sort of subside due to the fact that I'm detoxing quickly and rigorously? I am now having minor WD but taking small doses in order to allow me to feel somewhat decent. (but I am functioning and it's a million times better than OC withdrawl, just a little bit of a funk)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

With your taper strategy, you're more than likely going to feel some wd when you do quit entirely, but it won't necessarily be bad. Some people here have jumped off doses as high as 4mg and had fairly minor wd, while some people jump off doses of 2mg and can't barely stand it.

From what I've read of your taper and your general lack of wd symptoms on the way down, you're probably one of those folks who will have mild wd even though you're tapering quickly. If I had to guess, I'd say you'll feel crappy for a few days when you do jump, you may feel crappy for up to a week, but then you should rebound fairly quickly. Again, this is all just a guess based on what I've seen of others who seem to be like you from the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:54 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Alright so it's day 1 with no suboxone at all, and I feel about how I did yesterday. Stomach problems started yesterday,but nothing worse than a mild stomach flu (no puking tho, any suggestions as to OTC to help?)

Went to the gym and that felt good, just have to stay busy and positive, I just feel a bit sick not crazy WD, and I think it's because it was my choice to go through this and finally get clean. The mental aspect of regret and need isn't there it is just purely the physical which isn't all that bad honestly.

I think it may be uphill after today, because I was more restless yesterday with .5MG..

Wish me luck, sleeping is still meh but I've gotten 7-8 hours a night which is good! It's just when I finally wake up I can't stay in bed I have to get out and moving because I feel sort of blah... but maybe that's how it just feels to be normal again ha.

Thanks for the support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:25 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Loperamide (usually called Anti-Diarrheal on the box if it's Wal-Mart's Equate brand or Dollar General's brand -- which you should usually get, because the name brands can be really expensive) will greatly help with diarrhea, but I'm not sure about stomach cramping. Pepto-bismal can help with stomach aches, and drinking water constantly all day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:32 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Just got some Imodium and took 10MG of it. Well see if that helps. I know nothing will help the sort of blah feeling, but it's not too bad, I'm gonna just try and be strong and get through this.

Being busy really helps so much. I'm actually looking forward to work tonight ! Haha

Thanks for the help. I know everyone is different, but I'm very curious as to how long this will last. Hopefully it won't linger on forever ! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:41 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

WOAH i think the imodium is kicking in.. it's been like 20 minutes since I took it and I'm started to feel alot more mellow and looser, still have that edge, but alot better than it was ! Hopefully it's not all in my head. But it sort of feels like that edgy weight was lifted !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi..

So, the suboxone wds are nothing like that of SAO. I was really surprised at how manageable my detox was and I didn't taper as low as you did. It was no picnic, and I was using comfort meds to get me by as well, but I was never handed anything I couldn't deal with, if that makes sense. Compared to say... wanting to kill yourself during an oxy or H withdrawal. Anyway, you'll probably get a tad worse but not much.. Also, the longevity of these annoying symptoms is what proves to be a challenge but some people around here tend to get off easier in that department.

Hang in there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:31 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

thanks for the response.. and yeah we'll see how long they go..

being active is key

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:26 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Up until 7/24 4MG for 6 Months before that 8MG 6 months.

7/24- 4MG
7/ 25- 2MG
7/26- 1MG
7/27- 1 MG
7/28- 1MG
7-29 - .5MG
7/30- (today) NONE
7/31- NONE
8/1- DONE

I feel a bit sick now, but nothing crazy.. Hoping that it will go away in a couple days. Think I should stick with it from now on and take no suboxone? Or would it help to take like .25 MG today and maybe 8/1 and then be done?

What it comes down to is whether or not my taper is helping slowly battle the WD considering it was so drastic, or whether it is really prolonging them ?

Am I easing myself into it or sort of just pushing it off ?

Thanks, feeling okay now, not great, ready to be done with this !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:33 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

This is odd but I feel better than I did yesterday at .5MG.

excercise , music, Imodium, Benadryl, multivitamin, and activity are making me feel pretty good actually. Maybe a tiny bit sick but meh ! I'm happy ! Hope it's all uphil now !

You guys can do it ! It's realy not bad with these supplements

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:52 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Ok so I'm starting to feel good... Like what the heck? Is this the lope or what? I'm relaxed, content, and feel like I'll sleep really well tonight.

Either it's the Imodium or my brilliant taper worked perfectly and I'm starting to move uphill after minor WDs the past 5 days or so.

GREAT SUCCESS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:04 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

dzeman21 wrote:
Just got some Imodium and took 10MG of it. Well see if that helps. I know nothing will help the sort of blah feeling, but it's not too bad, I'm gonna just try and be strong and get through this.

Being busy really helps so much. I'm actually looking forward to work tonight ! Haha

Thanks for the help. I know everyone is different, but I'm very curious as to how long this will last. Hopefully it won't linger on forever ! :)

MUSIC will help with the blah feeling. i dont know if you can, (work or school) but i've been listening to music nonstop these past 16 days when i jumped at 2mg, and its amazing how fast a great song makes you completely forget that you're in WD...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:18 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

ya it's seriously unbelievable how much music is helping this process..

also PEOPLE are helping, laughing and interacting with others really is making me happy ! It's nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:49 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

today is my second day without Subs after my taper and I feel fine. Sort of tired but mentally I'm completely fine. Imodium has helped immensely, I don't know if I need it or not anymore but it's my crutch and I'm getting through the days fine.

I feel a whole lot better than I did yesterday, and hopefully will feel even better tomorrow.

Last night I had some trouble getting comfortable in bed, and took a bunch of ZZZquil and some imodium and eventually got a solid 8 hours of sleep.

Going to the gym once I wake up gets me going, and releaves that rough feeling in the morning.

I would recommend the way I tapered to anymore. I was WDing throughout my taper because of the huge jumps, the suboxone helped ease me back into reality. Now I'm on the upswing and it's only been 2 days without dosing. But 7 days since I started my drastic taper.

IMODIUM- get some. Take 14mg-20mg and 2mg-4mg whenever you feel you may need a little more. This has saved me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats dzeman on 2 days clean. That's so awesome! I'm sure the symptoms will pass on their own eventually. You and a few others give me lots of motivation to continue and join you soon on the clean side. Can't hardly wait to get there myself.

Keep up the good work. Let us know how your feeling each day please. Have a great day today!

Karen
xoxo