It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys, if any of yall have read any of my posts I was doing about five oxycontin 30s a day for about a year and a half. And I weigh 105 pounds so that's alot. Then I started buying suboxone from someone illegally because I didn't want my parents to find out and also I have court this Friday and I didn't want them knowing I was on suboxone. But that's a different story.. But I was getting them for about five months. Then one day he decided to rob my money so I was out of subs and it seems like everyone around me is on oc. So I was stupid and got back on the oc. I've been doing it for two or three weeks now. BUT I am going to the walk in clinic today because I know someone else that got his from there. But I was wondering what yalls advice on what to tell the doctor is? Should I tell him the whole truth about getting suboxone illegally? I would think he would need to know so I was just making sure. I know I was stupid for relapsing but I am doing things right this time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, I have some pretty bad anxiety. It's interfering with school and other things. Should I talk about that too or wait to do that another day? Im Going today so advice please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

First of all, relapse isn't stupid - it's part of the disease of addiction, so please don't be so hard on yourself. As for the doctor, I would definitely tell her/him that you were getting it off the street. Lots of other people have gone that route and like you, finally decided to get it legitimately. BTW, congrats on doing just that. You've taken a huge, positive step in getting control of your life. Good luck with your clinic appointment and let us know how it goes.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you. This whole thing has just been so hard. I'm so glad I found this site it has given me alot of information. And everyone on here is so supportive. I'll let you know what happens! I'm so nervous..

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

good luck i hope everything goes smoothly. I wanted to add that i think that you should go with the truth here. Doctors (sub dr;s) expect that we aer going to have tried stuff on the streets so i really dont think they are surprised at anything. Id say if you said u didnt try them they might assume that you are not telling the truth just because so many of us lie. I know my dr made me show him my legs and arms and hips to prove i wasnt shooting anything. anyways, thats besides the point, i do agree that telling him your whole history is a good thing in this situation.