It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:57 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm having the hardest time finding a suboxone dr. I went on 2 of the websites that listed the drs in my area. There were plenty of names to call however the most common response i kept getting is some very rude receptionist informing they don't participate in it and then just hanging hanging up on me. After the 10th call i made with these attitudes and what i can't help like feeling is judgement i had to take a break and vent. I'm getting frustrated and now i dread making more calls. It's just making me feel worse. I need help but i don't need people being rude and hanging up on me. So now i'm getting high before i can continue making calls. Thanks alot "doctors" you're doing a great job at healing. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you tried NAABT.org's doctor-patient matching service? That's how I found my doctor and I know other people who had good luck with them.

You go to the website and give your contact info, location and insurance info and they will give you a list of doctors to call. They found one for me who took medicaid and one for my friend who got her on the patient assistance program and offered a sliding scale as well. Here's the link:

http://www.treatmentmatch.org/

Good luck.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Judgment is going to be something you will have to deal with for sometime with being on suboxone thats just how it is In the medical community and it sucks but u cant let peoples judgement affect you. And that is not a easy thing to do but over time you will learn how to deal with it and become a better person be because of it. Dont let a couple rude nrses who prolly have no knowledge on subs to stop u from calling and getting help u r taking a huge step asking for help so keep at it things will work out for u just keep at it with your head up.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Layna,

I remember trying to find a Suboxone doctor in my area too. It was a complete pain in the ass to find one who actually still prescribed Suboxone AND had openings. I thought I was participating in an exercise of futility, but then, I found one!!

Keep after it!

When someone is rude to you on the phone, close your eyes and imagine you're telling them to eff off!! Works everytime for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you everyone for your encouragment. I did try the treatment match and i got the name of 2 drs. The first wanted $600 for the initial visit which is impossible for me to pay, she also only wanted to be contacted by text which i found odd. The second seemed good until they told me it would be $160 a week for the first couple of months, again that is too much money. I did call one dr and his prices were good but he is very well known in my area as being a terrible dr with a really bad temper so i'm kinda afraid of him. I'm looking into 2 others so hopefully one of them will work out. I just don't understand why it is made so difficult to get help for a serious life threating problem. All i want is my life back and i won't stop until i can achieve that. Also once i find a dr. about how long does it take for them to actually schedule you an appointment? I'm sorry i'm new to this and have a ton of questions which clearly the offices i call won't help me out with. Thank god for people like you who have been there and understand :)