It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sorry I haven't been on here since June, I guess when we get better we tend to forget about the pain and suffering and the compulsion slowly fades away.

Its been almost 4 months off subs. I jumped at .25 for those that don't know my story, I did taper, which imo is the best way. Was on subs for a year. I'm back to normal, don't think I have paws anymore, if I do is barey noticeable. So those of you that wonder if you're messed up for life, you're not. It takes time, a ton of patience and dedication. I did have one slip up, while moving I found a .25mg and it made me feel sick, and yes I had a slight wd the next day. Made me never want to touch an opiate ever again. That was about two or three weeks ago. Other than that I got involved back into aa and plan to stay clean off everything from here on out. As an addict/alcoholic, its time to rebuild what I have destroyed. I guess I should have posted in the rear view mirror but figure more people trying to get help go here. So if you're planning on jumpong and it seems impossible, its not. Jumping was sooo hard for me, but I'm already forgetting about the pain. We do get a second chance in life and we do get back to normal. Don't give up hope, stay strong, and read all the posts on here. Hope this helps someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kickass :)

Good to hear from you ozzy. You give me hope.

Tj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ozzy for President!!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I really thank you for letting me know it gets better. When you read these forums there is so much negativu=ity. I have been tapering for a few months now and am down to a sixteenth of a strip so that .5 mg. I'm going to try and cut it a bit smaller before the LEAP! Scare, I have to admit it. I tried to WD myself off of longacting opiates and I thought I would die. I do expect to feel bad and from what I hear it will last a bit longer than what I was on before but not as severe. At least I hope!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:55 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

islandirishwitch wrote:
I really thank you for letting me know it gets better. When you read these forums there is so much negativu=ity. I have been tapering for a few months now and am down to a sixteenth of a strip so that .5 mg. I'm going to try and cut it a bit smaller before the LEAP! Scare, I have to admit it. I tried to WD myself off of longacting opiates and I thought I would die. I do expect to feel bad and from what I hear it will last a bit longer than what I was on before but not as severe. At least I hope!!

You are definitely right about the negativity sometimes. Try to stay focused on the positive posts on here. Diaryofaquitter, Romeo, and a few other longtime members have got some great advice. They have all been through it and have come out on the other side. Post what ever you need to on this forum, and we will try to support you in the best way that we can. Congratulations on tapering as far as you have. That is no easy task from what I understand! Best of luck to you!

Ozzy-glad to hear that you are still rockin it! Great job, and thanks for checking in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

[marq=down]***GREAT JOB MAN***[/marq]

Keep it up!!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Its been 3 years since Ive been off suboxone or any opiate for that matter. From a life destroyed I have taken advantage of my second chance. I have since gotten married, had a baby boy and bought a house. I go to the gym daily and am in great shape. I even quit smoking cigarettes for two years now. Take this post as a sign of hope for those that feel despair. Quitting subboxone consumed me and was very, very hard for myself. If I could do it, so can you. Taper, have a solid game plan and keep yourself accountable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ozzy:

Can I ask how long you were on? What was the highest Dose? How long did you stay at each dose in your taper, Also were you working out when you jumped? I personally think that is the most important question and the one thing that can help tremendously!

I plan to get off of 0.25 or 0.125 and I have been working out like crazy.. Every day I run 3 miles and walk my Baby boy after work (I jumped off over a year ago while pregnant, not fun!)

I have always jumped from 2-4mg, 3-4 times in the past 10 years and it was always bad of course! However, from what I've read and people I am contact with who jumped from .125 or a low dose such as that and are exercising a lot seems to really, really help.

I have not taken more than 1mg in the 2 1/2 months I have been on it, as an experiment I dropped down to about .2-.3 for about a week after I had been running every day for a month and I didn't feel anything..

I am so glad you are doing well and I really want to jump off before I find myself stuck on this stuff for years again.. Bleh!! It helped me for a little bit but I am already ready to be done..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:07 pm 

Ozzy, it's so good you came back and posted the update. You're right, we need the constant reminder that it can be done and done for the long term if you taper right and have a program to support you.

Congratulations and a big Oh Yea!

r

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:41 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Nice work Ozzy! Thank you for taking time out to come here and update. Rule is right, we need more updates like yours.

Congrats on the new family and the home, those are huuuuge steps for a person and it sounds like you are doing great!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:22 pm 

Ozzy, you are an inspiration for those who feel the need to get off buprenorphine. Your taper was long and not always easy, but you made it! And now you work a solid program to keep your addiction in check! I think it's true that no everyone will make it off bupe, but you are a wonderful example of someone who did.

I hope you are and continue to be very proud of yourself!

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I believe I was induced at 16mgs but I dropped to 8mgs fairly quick. I got down to 3mgs and got stuck there for awhile. Tried jumping at 3mgs and that just jacked me up. Eventually got low enough to jump without feeling major wd. I started hiking a little bit towards my jump but wasnt super athletic. I believe the more athletic you are the better the jump will he since working out creates endorphins. I got off all the meds the doctors gave me as my depression and anxiety were related to opiate dependancy. Time has flown by and its hard to remember how bad it was now. Just wanted to give hope to those that feel stuck.