It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:45 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Geez..I hate to start another thread, but Im a newbie and kinda scared witht too much anxiety.

I just picked up my generic subutex today and found out it was from Roxane Labs. Read a thread from last year where someone said this stuff was garbage and felt like it did nothing to them....almost like it was wayyyyy under dosed.
So of course Im worried because I am just now getting used to my suboxone after my first month. I got on gneeric because it cost me 80$ a month versus $340 or so.
If anyone has anything they can tell me it would be great..
Maybe if you are on a generic subutex you could check your pill and respond back

Pill id number 54411 white pill

check your pills if you dont mind pleassse :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

positivetj, I have been taking Roxanne subutex for about a year and a half now. I switched from name brand sub. and like them much better. I think they work better than the name brand sub. Try to tell yourself they are going to work great and they probabaly will, tell yourself they are not going to work and they probably won't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:29 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Stp747..... Thank you so much for the reply! I'm glad to hear your positive response! notice any differences when you switched over from suboxone?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I also have been taking the same generic subutex and I actually like it much more than the suboxone let alone it does not contain naloxone so in my case that is a big plus. Everyone is different, but I think if you do have any issues they will subside after only a couple of days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:35 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Joseph...thanks for the reply..so you have been taken the generic Roxane or are you not sure of the brand. I really do appreciate everybody's response

Post subject: Teva
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:06 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I've always been on Subutex..never Suboxone due to finances. Recently my pharmacy gave me Teva brand Subutex. I thought nothing of it and for about a week i was dragging, depressed, grumpy. It didn't occur to me that I might be underdosed. It didn't quite feel like w/d, but my brain wasn't "right". I couldn't feel better and I'm a happy person and things are going well in my recovery overall. I felt so strange and I just couldn't shake it no matter what I did. I exercise, eat well, sleep marginally well...then one day when I picked up another weeks worth of Subutex she had the old brand in there. Once I took the old Subutex (I do not know which manufacturer it was, but it was a round white pill vs teva's weird football shaped pill) i felt great. I then realized it was the Sub.

So I do believe that we get quite a different dose depending on which manufacturer we get. Plus the generic overall possibly being up to 40% less potent. I have never taken Suboxone so I do not know how that feels. I called my pharmacist and she said that I'm probably right and she ordered me the old generic I had originally.

I do believe in what others have posted about thinking positive. Our brains are very powerful and we can think and talk ourselves into anything. And I'd try to just take your dose and go on with your day. For me it was such an obvious change and I knew something wasn't right. I didn't talk myself into it. It took me a while to figure out what might be happening....so it is possible you might experience a difference with this new Subutex.

Post subject: Just Give It A Chance
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:45 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Welcome to the forum! This is such a wonderful site! I don't think I'd be where Im at in my recovery if it weren't for everyone who makes up this forum.....this place has been like a life-line at times.
Anyways, I was on Suboxone for over a year, until my Doc switched me over to Subutex, due to my pregnancy. My baby boy is almost a month old now. And I hope to stay on Subutex. You know.....I feel ya in regards to being worried about the generic Subutex. I've taken all three medications- Suboxone, Subutex(brand), and Buprenorphine(generic Subutex).
I must admit, I WAS EXTREMELY NERVOUS about switching to Subutex. I guess it was partly the addict in me....trying to avoid CHANGE. And also, because I had done so well on the Suboxone.... I feared that any differences (medication wise) may make me feel unstable again. The first day that I took the generic, I felt horrible. It scared me so much!! I called my Doc and asked if I could see him to bring him my pills and get a new script for brand Subutex. A couple months later, there was a mix up at the pharmacy where they thought they owed me a partial script and they ended up GIVING me some generic Subutex. And wouldn't you know....I had a completely different experience with it! I know it seems crazy. It was the exact same generic that I had problems with just months before. Im not saying that there isn't ANY difference between brand Subutex and generic (Roxa, I've never had Teva). In fact, I still think brand Subutex is slightly stronger. It makes me sleepy when I take it. Due to finances and my secondary (completely different) experience w/the generic, I've gotten generic the last couple times. I say give the generic a chance. IMO,any slight difference btween the two, isn't worth the extra $$. Good Luck! Let us know how it works out. And really LISTEN to Ur body.