It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Have you tried the Alcoholic Solution method when taking your subs?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
The Alcoholic what?! 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 5
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:22 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Generic Suboxone...I ACTUALLY have a bottle...in my pocket....finally!! Is this is really happening!!? I also have $200 more in my pocket thanks to the generic subs! And I will save another $200 the next month, and the month after that (actually will probably save alot more as the generic subs are in a all out pricing war at the moment which SUBsequently is driving the prices DOWN, DOWN, DOWN!).

I'm just really happy guys...I feel like a huge obstacle to me finally having a normal life has just been lifted!...($200 a month is a freaking car payment, it's a student loan payment...crazy.)

Anyways, i joined this forum cuz wanted to let others know that this amazing, life changing savings is finally here.

What I got:
Buprenorphine/Nalox 8MG/2MG SL TAB -
Manufacturer: Amneal
Qty: 45
Price I paid: $178.81
Price I would have paid without GoodRx coupon: $455.99 (seriously)
Pharmacy: Walgreens

Now if you guys don't know about GoodRx, you should know about GoodRx, it's time to learn about GoodRx. I had never used GoodRx, didn't know what it was or if it worked until today. It seemed to good to be true. But it's true, and it work flawlessly. I just showed the sexy little pharmacy cashier girl at Walgreens my screen, she sexily typed the shit in, and boom! I was getting nearly a $300 discount!!

As far as I can tell, the generic pill is working the same for me as the name brand strips (which is what I was on before the generic) ...but it hasn't even been 24 hours yet, so I really can't say if the "it just doesn't work the same!" whine/slogan/patient scapegoat/corporate propaganda/chant is true or not...But I don't think so.

What I can say though is it is ALOT HARDER to dissolve it into alcohol, but i still got it to dissolve eventually so i dont think it will be a problem for alcohol solutioners like myself. Incase anyone is wondering...Im talking about a more efficient way to take your suboxone...This is how I do it (one variation out of many): mix pill/film with a few drops of vodka, absorb it into a cottonball, then put cotonball under tounge. Apparantly the alcohol helps the Buprenorphine absorb into your system MUCH better and faster, resulting in a higher dose, at the same dosage...If that makes since.

If you havnt heard of this method or were maybe intimidated by it....Google/search for "suboxone alcohol solution", then click on the first result. I tried posting the link but apparently im not allowed . Check it out. It's not scary, dangerous, or difficult...but it definitely will help you get more Buphenorphine out of your dose. It's just another weapon we have against these greedy companies who charge a arm and a leg for the ability for us to live a proper life while not caring that in doing so are making what they are charging for, and what we are paying for...unobtainable!

Combine this method, along with generic prices...and maybe, just maybe...your Suboxone cost will no longer be that thing you have to spend all your money on, that thing that is always on your mind because you can't afford to not always be thinking about because your worst nightmare is not having the money to fill your prescription, or that thing that you hide from everyone and are embarrassed by because you don't want anyone to know about the ludicrous amount of hard earned money you spend on a medication that they don't and can't understand.

Good luck guys! Would love to hear from anyone else who has anything to say about anything! Especially about Generic Suboxone! Anyone out there find it cheaper? How much and where? Anyone else using the generic with the alcoholic solution method? How'd it go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:28 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey thanks so much for the post. ! I agree about the money situation. Everybody should be able to pay for their meds now. That is so great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I started getting the new generics a week or two ago and I'm pissed cuz I'm still paying EXACTLY the same price......

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Link
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:47 pm 

Welcome to the forum ExTramE. And thanks for the information on the generic Suboxone. I have not heard of your alcohol method and I'm not even sure if I agree if it is considered addict behavior or not. Why not just put it under your tongue like prescribed? If you need more, ask for more. It just seems like a lot of trouble just to get a bit more Bupe in your system.

I'll be interested to know what the others think about this method of delivery.

Either way, welcome once more to our recovery forum.

rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So the coupon from GoodRX.com works????WOW!!! AWESOME!!! I found this a month ago, honestly I didn't think that they would accept it. I had a quoted price of 30 8mg Suboxone generic at 121.00 which is about 75 bucks cheaper on the month than what I pay for strips. Some months its double cheaper because the coupon from RB doesn't go through for me every time. So psyched to try this out next month. Thanks for posting. Glad to hear that they are working the same too. I was really hoping that they would have the same effect and not be like generic Subutex that I took one month. Felt hardly nothing off of them suckers. Congrats on the cheaper meds!!!
Now if I could find a cheaper doctor, things would be almost back to somewhat normal. I am paying 300 a month for a doctors visit. I am going to try and talk to him, see if he will start seeing me once every two months.