It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[font=Arial]I found out just a few minutes ago that the price at CVS has dropped considerably. I know when I called them a couple of months ago the price was higher than the film. I called and asked them how much 30 of the 8mg/2mg Buprenorphine/Naloxone tablets would cost and the lady on the phone said that they are 151.00. Now, I asked her how much their film would cost and she said those were 291 for 30 of them. She said that they had plenty of the brand name tablets in stock and those were 377.00. I was shocked when she told me how much because that is 3 bucks cheaper PER tablet than what I am paying per film. If they are even close in potency, I will be happy. I am atleast going to give it a whirl. I will probably get atleast one week filled just to try it out and I can always have it transferred to my local pharmacy and just get my normal film if it doesnt work out for me. SO guys and gals, get your phone book out and call to CVS and see if its any cheaper for anyone else. I know that most are on the film, but if it saves someone else some money I am happy that I could pass this info on to others!!! Good Luck!! [/font]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:18 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Gotta figure CVS is going to be the first one to keep the Suboxone generic on the shelves, since Caremark announced it won't cover the Reckitt form of the film after Dec 31, 2013....they want you let them call the doctor and check the box marked "allow generic" or whatever it says..where you can choose generic or name-brand.
I know some doctors are adamant about marking "Dispense as written" meaning, no choosing the generic, you MUST get the name.

I hope to see more people talking about getting generics...because this will make the cost of the Reckitt film drop tremendously. They are actually thinking that Reckitt will sell the Suboxone film division in 2-3 years because the price is going to have to drop to keep up with generic competitors....

I know I called my doctor yesterday when I read the news about CVS Caremark, because that's my insurance company...and asked about getting generic...they said that was fine. And also said that they have quite a few people on the generic form of Suboxone, and I stressed that I wasn't talking about Subutex either...she said yes...she meant the generic Naloxone + Buprenorphine....

I'm waiting on September so I can try the Zubsolv form of the generic....I think that's going to be what I stick with, or either that BDSI form of film that comes out in January of next year....

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Cool, thanks for the info!

I know many docs are wary about prescribing subutex/buprenorphine due to its lack of Naloxone but my doctor luckily is cool enough to trust me with it (and after 4 years I would sure hope so!!). It costs $129 for 30 at Walmart out here on the W.Coast.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jdizzle wrote:
Cool, thanks for the info!

I know many docs are wary about prescribing subutex/buprenorphine due to its lack of Naloxone but my doctor luckily is cool enough to trust me with it (and after 4 years I would sure hope so!!). It costs $129 for 30 at Walmart out here on the W.Coast.

We're not talking about Subutex, we're talking about the generic form of Suboxone, which as of September, will be 3 choices (Amneal, Actavis, and Zubsolv). Subutex doesn't contain Naloxone, the generics I just named DO contain Naloxone. And in January there will be a 4th choice on the pharmacy shelves...from BDSI.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Quote:
We're not talking about Subutex, we're talking about the generic form of Suboxone,

Hi, sorry for the delayed response--haven't logged on in awhile! I just wanted to clarify that I knew you were talking about suboxone, not subutex. I was just mentioning that most docs are not as willing as mine to prescribe generic subutex (which is the cheapest form of Bupe I've been able to find, that's for sure). For those who aren't as lucky as me and whose docs will only prescribe the bupe containing naloxone, I'm glad there are some cheaper alternatives coming out. So yeah..that's what I was getting at! :wink:

With that said, have those three generics forms you listed (Amneal, Actavis, and Zubsolv) become available yet? If so, do you know any price points?

I'm sure there is another thread about this but I don't have time to go searching at the moment :)

Thank you :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

They are ALL available. As far as price, you'd be better to call a pharmacy and ask them to look-up the prices for you, as they can run them without needing a script just to see the price.. Tell them you need a price for 60X whichever name product..then divide the price by 60 to see what they cost per pill.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi everyone. I know this is an old thread, but it's new to me (I'm new to the forum)! I take the generic buprenorphine tabs 8 mg daily. I pay $99 per month ($3 pp). The CVS near my home no longer carries them, so for the past 7-8 months I've given my business to a small, privately-owned pharmacy that treats me well. They know me by name, and keep it in stock for a few patients. The subutex works just as well (if not better) than Suboxone; only drawback, it doesn't taste do great (small price to pay though). I was told about this pharmacy by a nurse at the doctor's office (in FL).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

..congrats to anyone out there paying cash for subutex.
Congrats to thoses who lucky enough to get the generic suboxone/naloxone at a cheap rate.however if you want to be forced into buying the RB films,then move on over to the State of West Virgina..It is AGAINIST STATE LAW for a dr to write for Bupe/nalox tabets to anyone..i kid you not. And my dr had a big hand into getting this law past several mpnths ago..so ive bn tappering off. Holding at 4mgs. The clinic keeps telling people who bring in letters fron the ins co's that not to worry, that the clinoc will take care of it. My fear is these people will be told its out of there pockets or to bad.films only..so....how bout that for "care". I live in the greats fastest growing city in w.va. There has bn NO recesion up here. However most of the state and the addicts who need help the most have many hoops to jump though. Idk..just a rant tonight. The stuffs all the same in my book. Bupe is Bupe. It is the cost that makes the biggest difference ..raz...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Generic Suboxone Is more expensive per pill than Brand Name Films I got MFG AMNEal type pills there orange with an415 on one side work better than the film i hate the films there weaker and dont last as long where the tabs do thats my opinion on them but there are coupons out there that say they will save you 150 dollars for every 20 or so something like that i went try this out no luck the bin and pcn on the coupon would not work at walgreens so i ended up paying 87 for 9 of them when i usually pay less than 80 dollars for 10 it cost 225 dollars for 20 of them i was told where yet again i could get 30 films for less than 225 more like 207 dollars for 30 films. I dont get the point on making Generic if its not going to save anything and even cost more its so ass backwards its like there trying to make a shit ton of money for awhile and then in a couple of years it probly have a generic generic version. Sorry it makes me angry to have to work just to pay for my sobriety i have no other money after my meds are bought and doctor is paid for . I need a new job but been hard trying to find one owell. Oh and that website is goodrx.com for coupon for 150 dollars off 20 tablets generic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:55 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey everyone , glad to be a part of this site. I just switched from the films to the generic pills thinking they would be cheaper and they are - slightly. I'm from West V too and my doctor Also said there was a state law against writing the generic orange pills. Several of my friends get the subutex (which they have to lie to their doctors to get by telling them they're pregnant or mouth sores etc) so I thought that's what I'd get but my doctor would nt play ball. He did however, write me the generic stop signs which I was on the name brands years ago then switched to films because the doctors were forced into it believing that they were traceable or safer ( saying kids couldn't open the wrapper and OD - bunch of bs). Anyway he told me to fill it in Virginia or Maryland but I found a pharmacy for 7 a piece in Martinsburg. You're right, those coupons are BS and don't even work at CVs ; the ones I tried were called RealRx.
I will say however that these pills are way stronger - for me at least. I'm getting maximum absorption from them whereas though the strips I seem to only get about 30% absorbed. I've takin strips before and started yawning like 20 times in a row a half hour after. When I'm Well I NEVER yawn - it's a withdrawal symptom. I did a half a pill and was up singing karaoke , so yeh they're way better (been on Sbx since 09). Prob keep on it forever . A lot of ppl talk about getting off but it's been my experience most my friends who say that just wanna go back to shootin dope.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:17 pm 

Welcome to the forum, WVcat! Thanks for letting us know about your experience in West Virginia. I don't understand why they would try to make the generics illegal there, unless a legislator is in the pocket of Reckitt Benckiser. I wonder if they didn't have a sane sub doctor there to testify in front of whatever legislative committee.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope you let us know a little more about you!

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:03 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Tbat is what has happened here in W.VA. Any.We started making calls back in NOV, ..its a loug story and it has already been posted here before. It is against the law in the state of W.VA. to write for tbe generics..A good friend serves as a Del. Yes Reckitt has a large presence here..so...raz..