It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:08 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Has anyone tried both and have a preference. I posted about my recent experience with not liking Actavis and I've tried to keep it in my mouth longer but it's just not working. I feel like it's either not absorbing enough or it has less bup in it. I'm really aggravated because the pharmacist is being very rude to me.. I feel if I was calling about a heart medication he would not treat me this way.. His response was "well I have a lot of customers who were taking 100 roxicettes a day and they are fine" .. I just hung up pissed! Really!? So all addicts are the same I guess? So all heart patients respond the same to every medication? So unprofessional!

Sorry about my rant but I called and spoke to the other pharmacist after who ordered Roxanne generic and said I could try that. It's in now and I'm not sure if I should switch .. If that doesn't agree w me than I'm screwed.

Thanks everyone :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Csinny

I know just what you mean about the attitude change when we are on bupe! I would think if the current med isn't working than you have nothing to lose by trying the other.

If there is a generic that works for you, maybe have the doctor call your pharmacy and say each person requires what works for them and to please have (the med you like) on hand for my patient.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know this thread is old but just wanted to let you know, I completely agree about the Actavis. I prefer the Roxanne or Mylan brand generics. I don't care for the Hi-Techs. I've had experienced with all. I started out on the Roxanne and I feel the Mylan are almost the exact same. When I ended up with the Hi-Tec a couple months, and then once with the Actavis, I swore they did nothing and I felt horrible. Also ended up dosing more :| I quickly found another pharmacy and get back to the Rox. I know Others disagree, and I often wonder if it's all in my head? Is it just because the Rox is what I knew and what had been working so well for me? every person is different, and may react differently to the fillers in each, from what I've read, and my personal experiences prove that to be the case. If you're still here, how do you feel about the Roxanne? Hope all is well!