It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Generic issues
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ok so I have taken this med for a long time if you total it up. If a generic works for you go for it keep going but if its not working for you read this.

Subs do not work for some people we know that this is for people having the same issue I had and I want to help as much as I can.

I was taking generic subutex for over a year and they stopped working (so I thought) I felt it getting weaker and weaker for about 2 weeks then it did almost nothing. It would kick in for about 2 hours then go away and I felt like hell. So I upped my dose and it got worse so I stopped for 2 hellish days took it again and it worked for one day then back to feeling horrible. So I started my investigation. I tried all generics.
I was on Roxanne in the beginning they were great but stopped working I'm not sure they were what I started day one with but when they got weaker and stopped I started checking my bottle and manufacturers. I asked the Dr about them not working he said no way chemically it can't happen so off I went into this deep dark place with withdrawls and anxiety, leg pain and random occurrences where the generic subutex would work/not work it was hell I lost a job and almost a second one because I was so tired and I looked horrible. So I upped my dose (my Dr is fine he knows I don't abuse) to 2 8mg pills and I got some random relief kinda. I still had leg pain and it felt as if the sub was trying to break through some barrier like I was taking something that blocked it. I switched manufacturers to Activas and same thing went to Mylan same thing so I chalked it up to all in my head because everyone said it was on this forum and the Pharmacist and Dr all of them. So for about 8 months I fought it the pain the discomfort the tiredness but I knew some of it had to be getting through for me to still feel this way after 8 months well some of it was.

So I ran out of my meds on a Friday and didn't want to bother the Dr so I was going to fight it til monday well saturday I felt the same things I felt the whole time ×5 so I knew some meds had to be getting through I remembered I had some strips on file and I filled those and took 8mg and I was almost knocked out. I was severely over medicated! This can't be right I can take 3 pills of the generic and it doesn't make me feel anywhere near normal let alone over medicated. So on monday I got my script of generics and after 3 days back to hell. Ok something is going on well I got my script changed to strips and bam all back to normal after about 3 days and I could not be happier. My body does not like the fillers/binders in generic or I'm allergic to them either way if you are fighting a generic you need to try the strips. For me the only thing I can find is crosprovidone is the only thing in the generics that's in the same med I took that I had a allergic reaction to.

Sorry this was long but I was tired of everyone saying I am crazy or get your levels checked. I did get my levels checked. My blood pressure went through the roof when I took a generic especially Roxanne went to strips and I can actually feel my mouth and I can sleep. If the generics give you trouble try the strips I fought it forever because the generics worked so well and then stopped.

Post subject: Re: Generic issues
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:23 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

thanks for the info. i have a friend whose depression meds only work when he takes the brand name. he had to fight his insurance to cover it. generics should be the same. when i buy aldi's off brands they just aren't as good as the name brands!

Post subject: Re: Generic issues
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I appreciate you sharing your experience. I will add for other readers that getting your levels checked is the only way (and a very easy way) to address this issue. Buprenorphine is buprenorphine, no matter who makes it-- just like H2O is always water, whether in Lake Michigan or the Thames River (or your kitchen sink). There is no craftmanship effect with chemicals; they cannot be better or stronger depending on who makes them.

If the level of buprenorphine is too low in your bloodstream, the cause is either the absorption or metabolism. Since metabolism doesn't change with manufacturer, the reason would be because one preparation is absorbed better, perhaps by entering solution more quickly or because the mixture in the pill or strip dissolves mucous more effectively.

Likewise with allergies, you will not go very far with that complaint unless you have objective results in allergy testing. I would suggest you skip sending letter or getting into arguments with your doctor until you do those things-- and if you can't find anything objective, your best next step is to believe the testing. I realize that everyone says 'I know my body'-- but honestly, no person can determine which variable is causing a certain symptom. Everyone THINKS he/she can do that-- but when you truly have a food allergy, you will discover just how hard it is to determine where the problem is coming from.