It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Where I live im paying between $6.25- $7 per suboxone tablet. I take 2.5 per day. basicly $20 per day just for the meds not to mention my doctor fees. It still beats my $100 per day dop habbit, But damn thats alot of money. At lest with the dope you get a buzz from your money. At $7 a tablet, x 2.5 per day = $6335 for meds each year. And another $3000 for doctor visits! almost $10,000 I spend on suboxone in one year alone. :oops:
Anyway sorry for that mini rant.
My question is when are they going to be a generic suboxone?? When I frist started suboxone treetment in feb-2009 .My doctor told me that in oct-2009 they would be a generic. At the time I remember thinking "I will de done with suboxone way before then" At the time my goal was to be clean in 60 days. And I honestly figured I would fail my goal of 60-days, And had a more realistic goal of 120 days. When I started treetment I was on 1.5/per day, Now im on 2.5. It is looking more and more like I will be in treetment much much longer.

If something dont give, I will be financley forsed in to a methadone maintance program.

Ive heard their is a generic subutex out now? Anyone know approx how much the generic subutex is? Or any info on a release date for the suboxone?

thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:19 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I too would like to hear anything or read, find, whatever.............something on a generic SUBOXONE. I too pay $6.50 per pill. There is a generic SUBUTEX that has been out for few months now. I have read on the forum that some places are charging almost the same as the brand name, but many more are more like $2.50 per pill. Also, the ones who have insurance pay as little as $5.00 per co-pay. That is AWESOME. Of course, I am still on Suboxone but oh well I guess, beats the alternative for sure. I would imagine that it does cost a bit more because of the Naloxone, but even say a generic Suboxone at $3.00 would be fantastic!

Generic SUBOXONE (not generic Subutex).....anyone know anything???

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

R/X-Man, if you've incurred that much expense out of pocket in one year, have you looked into figuring medical expenses into your taxes? We did that one year with a $13,000 out-of-pocket surgery I had, and ended up getting $4,000 of it back. I think your medical expenses have to be some percentage of your income; I don't remember exactly how it works. Something to check out, anyway.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:48 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Here in Oklahoma we have generic (well I think it's generic) I know it's cheaper than the orange N8's
They are round, white and imprinted 54 411.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I believe to write medical off on your taxes it has to be at least 10% of your income. We look into it every year since I have so many surgeries. Have never hit the 10% yet. Husband said last year I spent about $3500 on suboxone appts and drug. Not bad compared to a lot of you.