It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Generic Buprenorphine?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I recently read an article that said RB's patent on Suboxone ran out last October and that soon a generic version of the buprenorphine/naloxone formulation would be available. Has anyone heard anything more about this? I also read on a forum that somebody got their doctor to prescribe them generic buprenorphine without the naloxone (like Subutex) and that it was much less expensive.

With Suboxone being as expensive as it is you would think somebody would want to start making a generic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:19 pm 
Yea I realy hope a generic suboxone tablet will come out soon but I for some reason have my doubts. The generic subutex is anywhere between like 3$-5$ for an 8mg tablet I think. I realy want my doc to prescribe it for me, Ive only been seeing him for like 3 months tho so Im gonna give it a few more visits and hopefully with him seeing all my drug tests are clean and I'm working a program he will have enough trust in me to do it since I'm paying out of pocket and it would realy help me. I hope that a generic suboxone comes out tho but the thing is that Reckitt and Benckiser seems to be slamming everything about the pills now that they have the film strips. Im realy grateful for suboxone but I realy dislike reckitt and benckiser. Ive been trying to get on their assistance program for a couple months now and I fit every bit of the criteria for it and they keep giving me the run around for some unknown reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:09 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I hate these fucking pharmaceutical companies. $8 for a friggin' pill is just RIDICULOUS! This is healthcare for real life people who NEED it. It should be affordable to everyone, not just those who have a higher disposable income.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:08 pm 
Yea 8$ a pill sucks but Im actualy grateful to be paying that now because my sheisty doctor decided he was gonna just prescribe me the 2mg pills the whole freaking time since induction which end up costing 16$ dollars per 8mg for the same medicine!!!! I was furious when I found out I was paying double for the same medicine. I was inducted at 16mg and the doc gives me 8 2's instead of 2 8's which makes no sense. I called and had him phone it in to the pharm and change it to the 8's. I take 4mgs a day and was paying 235$ for 60 2mg pills, disgusting. I went and picked up the same amount of mgs in 8's today and it was 106$. Ive always heard that doctors dont make anymore money for prescribing medication but this incident makes me wonder. I bet the reckitt and benckiser reps tell the docs to push the 2mg tablets more so they can make double the profit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:53 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

suboxOWNED wrote:
Yea 8$ a pill sucks but Im actualy grateful to be paying that now because my sheisty doctor decided he was gonna just prescribe me the 2mg pills the whole freaking time since induction which end up costing 16$ dollars per 8mg for the same medicine!!!! I was furious when I found out I was paying double for the same medicine. I was inducted at 16mg and the doc gives me 8 2's instead of 2 8's which makes no sense. I called and had him phone it in to the pharm and change it to the 8's. I take 4mgs a day and was paying 235$ for 60 2mg pills, disgusting. I went and picked up the same amount of mgs in 8's today and it was 106$. Ive always heard that doctors dont make anymore money for prescribing medication but this incident makes me wonder. I bet the reckitt and benckiser reps tell the docs to push the 2mg tablets more so they can make double the profit.

Holy SHIT! I know when I got my first script, I went to Walgreens to get my script filled and it was $14.99 per pill. I decided from there on out that I would get them from my Sub doctor. I'm hoping that when I go down to the 2mgs that I can get them cheaper at Walgreens. What a friggin' rip off. If they continue to charge me the same amount for the lower mgs, I am going to request the 8 mgs and I'll cut them into tiny pieces if I have to. This is just ridiculous! And they get away with it because they KNOW we'll pay it... They we HAVE to pay it.

I reckon we should feel fortunate that they're not charging us $40 a pill. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Libra - I always got my scrip filled at Walgreens & when I went down to the 2mgs I was shocked to find that they were nearly the same price as the 8mgs. Lucky for me, the state was picking up the tab, but yeah, the 2mg pills don't really save you any money.

They are small and cute though! :wink:

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:11 pm 
Yea its BS the 2mg tablets are 4$ a piece at the walgreens I fill my script at. The doctor was trying to cover his tracks I think because he sounded embarrassed that I caught on to the scam when I called. Hes like well how are you taking them, do you take 2mgs twice a day? (which i do) but I told him "no I started taking all 4mgs at once now" so I'll just cut it in half. He was gonna try and tell me I cant cut it into 1/4's which is bullshit, Ive done it the past 2 days and it works identical. They act like its so hard to split the pill evenly, all i do is line up a razor blade on the longer line part of the cross on the back and rock it back and forth until it makes a perfect score and it breaks in half completely even.