It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Do you plan on switching from SUBOXONE to generic SUBUTEX?
Poll ended at Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:03 pm
YES 82%  82%  [ 28 ]
NO 18%  18%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 34
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:01 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on Suboxone/Subutex for almost 3 years now. I had a heavy oxycontin habit although I never IVed at my end I was doing 160mg minimum and some days my friends and I would snort 4-6 80mg pills in addition to taking xanax, ambien, and other prescriptions because my friend worked at a mom and pop pharmacy and ganked everything and basically gave it to us at first then only very small amounts. This went on for over 2 years. Well eventually he got fired for going to work messed up and then SWAT busted in his door because someone ratted on him. At this time all he had was a bit of weed in the house so no charges ensued. After that I quit cold turkey or tapered down with methadone over a few days or used kratom about a dozen times, but I always went back. This time paying full price and dealing with shady people and doing shady things. I actually got clean for about 2 months and then I had Lasik eye surgery. I was told I would only be given a 10mg valium if I wanted it and that there was no pain involved so no pain killers would be involved. They said 2-3 days and you can go back to school/work. Well after the surgery as I am leaving the office they give me 4 Darvocet's and a script for 15 7.5mg hydrocodone w/ 500mg APAP. I wasn't going to take it, but that 2-3 days and back to work was BS. It was EXTREMELY uncomfortable all the time. I had to wear sunglasses to watch TV. So I eventually gave the pills to my almost fiance and told her to only give them to me like the bottle said or actually even less. So I took 1-2 half pills a day even less than prescribed. Only took them for 8 days and you know what? Freaking withdrawals from that. At least I felt them in my head; now I think it was just me panicking and most of the symptoms were in my head, but at the time it seems like pretty tough withdrawals. So got a few methadone to wind down easy and BAM back on oxycontin for 3 months. During this time me and my fiance parted ways(she didn't even know I was using again), but this was for the best anyways just happened to be the worst timing ever. I decided to quit again cold turkey(I was already back up to doing 80-160mg a day). Quitting cold turkey after a binge like that and while breaking it off with your fiance is a bad idea. Worse withdrawal EVER! Probably mostly in my head because before a bit of kratom and hot baths 4-5 times a day and I could make it through. This time I couldn't get past day 3. I couldn't sleep. I would take 4mg of xanax and no sleep. I would take 30mg of ambien and no sleep. Not a wink for over 72 hours. So I go to the emergency room w/ my mom who is a nurse. They give me clonodine. It doesn't help so I immediately go score. Then I get online and find out about suboxone and rapid detox. I beg my mom to let me do rapid detox, but she won't because of the money. She says she will ask her doctor friend about suboxone. I go to the doctor two days later. Fall asleep during the 3rd 8mg pill sitting up.

Haven't done an opiate since. I too switched to Subutex because nalaxone was making me have anxiety issues which I deal with anyways. I have low endorphin related depression/anxiety so no benzo or antidepressant ever worked, but pain killers did. Doctor's do not understand low endorphin related depression very well yet and only two antidepressants address it (Cymbalta and Effexor) but Cymbalta only does in tiny amounts and Effexor is addictive the current taper method is completely stupid.

So I have been on Subutex for about 1 1/2 years and it really makes a difference for me. Plus the nalaxone only keeps you from IVing the drug not snorting it and since I have never IV'd anything or failed a drug test for my doctor he was fine switching me. He actually suggested it. I never ever knew about Subutex.

I too have been on the generic Subutex, but my pharmacy only carried them for two months. For some reason they switched back to the originals after that so my experience is limited.

Things I noticed in my three years

1. Suboxone tastes like crap. I really thought it was orange flavored because of the color for like 6 months. Citrus/Lime flavor and orange color doesn't make sense.

2. Subutex is easier on the nerves if you have anxiety problems at all mention them to your doctor. Nalaxone when taken under the tongue in Suboxone is such a small amount it doesn't effect the body in any way. UNLESS you are sensitive to it which apparently I am.

3. Subutex tastes better. I think it is supposed to be not flavored because to me it tastes like nothing. If you fall asleep with the pill in your mouth though it can leave a HORRIBLE taste on your tongue that is tough to get rid of even with brushing.

4. Subutex breaks down faster under tongue compared to Suboxone.

5. Generic Subutex breaks down faster under the tongue than the original. I have had one break down in like 5-7 minutes.

6. Generic Subutex is a smaller/harder pill, but it tastes the same.

Taking some sort of laxative or at the very least eating more fiber is essential while on Buprenorphine. I learned this the hard way. Taking Ducalax works well, but it isn't very healthy to take long term. Epsom Salts every other day is what I take and it keeps me exactly regular. Once a day. I know it's gross, but it's important. If you are only crapping once a week or even twice a week it is not healthy

DO NOT take benzo's while on Buprenorphine! I can't believe a doctor would prescribe that. It is a big no no my doctor says.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:25 am 
New Poster
New Poster

hi everyone i am new to this message board, nice to meet all of you. i want to start off by saying i been addicted to herion for about 3 to 4 years now and i been to alot of detoxes and they always gave me the real suboxone 8mg strips and they worked perfect for me. i just went to the dr the other day and i told him that suboxone works for me but i can not afford the prices on it and he mentioned that they make generic suboxone tabs now, which i herd they did not make any generic form of suboxone. so i decided to do my research on generic suboxone and i herd alot of mixed reviews on it, some say they are very weak and others swear by them. i got the generic sub tabs 8mg orange pill with the letters an 415 on one side and blank on the other. they are hard to break in half there is no line to cut them in half and they take a little longer to disolve under the tounge. well around 8pm tonight was about 24 hrs since i used last and i started to feel like shit, so i decided to take a full 8mg generic sub an 415 on the pill and i have to say i felt like i was taking the real suboxone, i didnt think that they were weaker at all, with in 30 mins i felt better, i guess it depends on the person but as of now almost 4 hrs later im still not sick anymore and it did not wear off. for 45 generic tabs they cost me $2.55 with my insurance, no i can get 100 of them for that price as well. i also have to say that i was very scared about taking the generics but i am very very pleased with the way the generics are working out for me, me personally i would recomend them to others, again they are orange with the letters and numbers on one side AN 415 and the other side is blank and no line on them to cut them in half, if anyone else has tried or is taking the generic suboxone an 415 please comment and let me know what you think of them please, thanks guys!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your input on the generic Suboxone. I just found out I will be switching as that is the only one medicaid in Michigan will now cover. I am about to go pick up script today and will start the generic tomorrow. I have had some anxiety about this but your post made me feel so much better. I know this is an old thread but thought I would post anyway.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:56 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I started on the Suboxone films back in July, and those worked wonderfully. They dissolved quickly, the taste wasn't too bad and didn't linger, and they worked quickly. When I moved to Washington from California, I got new insurance and new doctors, and I was switched to a generic Suboxone tablet in October. These were the ones with the crescent marking; I don't remember the manufacturer. I disliked them immediately. While they begin dissolving very quickly, they take a VERY long time to dissolve fully, and they fill my mouth with a thick saliva that is difficult to hold. The taste was horrid. It lingered. Nothing could scrub it from my mouth or rinse it away, anything I tried to taste was ruined for at least an hour. I do think I absorbed more of the medication from it (although it took longer to kick in) because when I switched over, I had headaches and nausea like when first started the films. I had a slight hiccup when I ran out of films, my antidepressant, and my antianxiety medication, so I can't say for sure that the effects were entirely from the different forms, but I'm 90% sure. The tablet is impossible to cut evenly as it is very chalky and will split and crumble, leaving chunks and powder around it. They are also very sensitive to moisture-I kept one week's bottle on the bathroom counter, and they started to powder on the surface. They did see my to remain active for a long time. Additionally, swallowing the liquid didn't give me additional headaches (I had to spit the film liquid to avoid headaches), so that was a plus.

Last week, I was switched to the orange AN415 tablets. Once again, there are pros and cons. These tablets do cut cleanly. Although there isn't an official place to cut, using the 1 in 415 works perfectly. The tablet splits cleanly with the help of a knife. The taste is a big improvement over the white tablet, although slightly worse than the film. It also dissolves with less gooey saliva and more quickl-again, still longer than the film. However, there have been glaring drawbacks. The bioavailability of this tablet is pretty poor. I've felt some of my low-level withdrawal symptoms pretty constantly (for me, that's the sensation of tight, hot skin, stiff and aching joints, and fatigue). It isn't fast-acting and it doesn't last the full time between doses; I can feel the withdrawal intensify as I approach the next dose. After over five months of Suboxone, I thought myself well rid of such things. My new doctor was concerned that I had been off-schedule with my doses (like every 18 hours instead of every 12), so perhaps this was his way of making sure I stuck to the schedule, but I'm not happy right now. Early in my recovery, I attempted to taper/reduce my Suboxone, and I experienced unpleasant symptoms after a much longer interval. I'm hoping I will have adjusted to the new tablet and a lower/less effective dose.