It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:34 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi guys, I live in indianapolis, IN. I'm moving to Fayetteville NC in a couple of days. I've been taking suboxone for the last couple of months from a friend and feel its the best way to go when it comes to quitting pain pills and Heroin. I want to do this the right way with a real doctor and I'm curious what I would need to bring with me to the first appointment. Do I need proof of residency? A new ID from NC when I get there? I intend to pay cash and get started as soon as possible as I'm moving in two days.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:12 am 

Welcome to our forum!

The best information I received on what to bring to my first suboxone appointment was from my doctor's website. Unfortunately, I can't share that with you because he has changed his website and taken that part down.

I suggest that you call your doctor's office and ask them this very question!

Other than that, bring insurance if you have it and if they take it. You could bring some medical history, but they will most likely want you to fill a new one out there. Don't expect to be induced on sub during your first appointment. The first appointment is usually a run through of that doctor's policies, procedures, rules, etc. You will most likely have to pay a larger fee for the first appointment, but it depends on the doctor.

I can't really think of anything else except maybe your Driver's License, which you would probably bring anyway. I saw your post on an older thread about a clinic in North Carolina. I just wanted to let you know that the person who started that thread may not be on the forum anymore since the thread was dated over a year ago.

Again, welcome!

Amy

P.S. You're not planning to overthrow us, are you? (Latin nerd here!)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is a significant split in the medical community about using buprenorphine for short-term detox. that approach was popular in the past, but the high rate of relapse has convinced most docs that buprenorphine is a long-term solution, not a short-term tool. There ARE docs who use it for opioid detox, but I am not impressed by their motives. I suppose if you happen to be in the 3% who stay clean for over 12 months you will be happy with the approach-- but I don't know how docs can collect for a treatment that fails 97% of the time and feel good about what they are doing. Of course, they say that I'm just 'replacing one drug for another'... but anyone who can't see the difference between life on agonists and life on buprenorphine isn't looking very hard!

Anyway, one question to ask is whether or not they use buprenorphine for short-term detox. The other issue is to get on a wait list asap, as many areas don't have doctors with spots for new patients.

Finally... I'll plug my site at http://www.suboxdocs.com where you will find links to docs in your area.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have found dr. on this site and other site by typing suboxone dr. in the area your in- im using ins. for mine some dr. take cash for sure. just keep calling those dr. office that come up on google and some will induce you that day or give you a script other places make you go to counsela for a few times before you can even get in to see him or her- good luck. :D