It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: GAME OF THRONES
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ok, so I started the Breaking Bad thread a little prematurely. Oops!! What about GOT? Is anyone looking forward to season 3 as much as I am?

:?: :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:28 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

ME< ME< ME!
Here's my line-up:

Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Sons of Anarchy
Breaking Bad
True Blood
(cool show on History Channel-8part series-The Vikings)
also kinda like "the Following", becasue GOT, SOA and BB are not on yet!

its amazing I am not a homicidal maniac!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

woo-hoo!!

(Where is a popcorn eating smiley when you need one?)

I watch all the shows on your list except the following and the vikings. Everything else, I'm up to speed on. Actually I still need to get through season 2 of walking dead before I can start 3. So much tv.. so little time. LOL
BTW.. Charlie Hunnam from SOA is umm.... yeah. I'll stop there.

What about:

Homeland
Mad Men
the Americans
Borgias
Dexter

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

We don't have TV access but have bought season 1 and 2 of GOT. Absolutely love it. Our other popular show is Big Bang. Went on a binge about 3 weekends ago and watched all of season 4 and 5. Which is why we don't have cable or dish. I would sit like a zombie clicking the remote for hours. PAX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:39 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

watched season 1 about 5 months ago. loved it . just rented season two episode one and two. what sucked is the 1st season was all on one disc. this season 2 is split into 3. ugh. i cant wait to watch it. my husband works nights and sleep alot off and on during day sooo hopefully soon just wanted to say i really liked game of thrones. hubby been wanting to start the breaking bad i think. the one whose a teacher? Great wishes to you all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:26 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

oH my Gosh! I left out the Americans....Love that one. The following is in its first season and I just started watching that...the vikings is like a mini-series on the history channel right now..I think 8 episodes.
Yes Charlie...I actually named my cat "Jax" after him, hehe.

I didn't have showtime for the longest time, then my assistant at work told me I was "Going all Dexter on the employees" one night..I thought it was a cartoon...I realized it was an adult show and promptly ordered showtime, LOL. This was oinly last year...I tried to get into it, but I just missed way too much.

I really only watch tv 1-2 hours, and always after 9-10pm, so I can only fit so much in.
I will have to check out the others mentioned.

Really excited for Game of Thrones...it starts on my birthday, also Easter this year. Woo-hoo, I have gotten so lame! Parying in style on my couch :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

docm wrote:
We don't have TV access but have bought season 1 and 2 of GOT. Absolutely love it. Our other popular show is Big Bang. Went on a binge about 3 weekends ago and watched all of season 4 and 5. Which is why we don't have cable or dish. I would sit like a zombie clicking the remote for hours. PAX

Luckily my long work hours get int the way of my TV watching career. I don't know what I'd do if I "worked from home"..LOL I record my shows but they get really backed up.. like right now. AND, I'm still trying to get through The Wire.. netflix DVDs. Sigh, that's been a year in the making.

wisharer wrote:
watched season 1 about 5 months ago. loved it . just rented season two episode one and two. what sucked is the 1st season was all on one disc. this season 2 is split into 3. ugh. i cant wait to watch it. my husband works nights and sleep alot off and on during day sooo hopefully soon just wanted to say i really liked game of thrones. hubby been wanting to start the breaking bad i think. the one whose a teacher? Great wishes to you all

It's worth the multiple DVDs! Breaking Bad is a must, yes with the teacher.. Let me know when you start that!

jmdear wrote:
oH my Gosh! I left out the Americans....Love that one. The following is in its first season and I just started watching that...the vikings is like a mini-series on the history channel right now..I think 8 episodes.
Yes Charlie...I actually named my cat "Jax" after him, hehe.

I didn't have showtime for the longest time, then my assistant at work told me I was "Going all Dexter on the employees" one night..I thought it was a cartoon...I realized it was an adult show and promptly ordered showtime, LOL. This was oinly last year...I tried to get into it, but I just missed way too much.

I really only watch tv 1-2 hours, and always after 9-10pm, so I can only fit so much in.
I will have to check out the others mentioned.

Really excited for Game of Thrones...it starts on my birthday, also Easter this year. Woo-hoo, I have gotten so lame! Parying in style on my couch :P :P

Yes to the americans.. I love the music. I think they must have so much fun picking out the music for this show.. (and for Boardwalk Empire but that's a whole different genre.)

I really only get from 9-11 of tv watching time.. which is why I get so behind. I do my best though. =) Oh and weekends.. weekends is a different story.

HEY.. you are a feisty, firey, Aries lady love.. just like me. I am 3 or 4 days before you. On the 28th. Cheers to us!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jmdear wrote:
I didn't have showtime for the longest time, then my assistant at work told me I was "Going all Dexter on the employees" one night..I thought it was a cartoon...

Oh yeah,

Bwahahaha!!! That would be Dexter's Laboratory.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:11 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I really love the game of thrones because I have so much fun with it.

Post subject: Now I'm Curious?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:38 pm 

I've never heard of Game of Thrones but will now make it a point to watch it. My wife and I got into Breaking Bad late but lucky for us they showed the entire previous seasons and we were able to record it. And like you TD, our DVR is so backed up with the same things you mentioned.

We like:

Breaking Bad
The Following
Southland
Revenge (only my wife)

So now I have to add GOT's? Jeeesh! I have movies recorded that are a year old. With my personality, I find it very hard to just sit and watch TV or read for a long time. My magazines are 6 months behind. This has all happened since I retired. Go figure! My wife and I are going to sit down and work on my schedule so I do have time to relax and enjoy TV and reading again.

Great thread TD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yes, Rule, you have to add GOT now, this is a must. Make sure to start from the beginning though or you won't know what is going on. LOL.

It's funny you mention magazines.. Actually I laughed out loud when you mentioned magazines. I have a magazine situation at my house too. I don't know how it happened, but over time, we ended up with all kinds of subscriptions. The usual.. Time, Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone.. stuff. Then I, of course, had to get some of the crappy gossip-girly magazines. So, we have SO many magazines coming to the house now and no time to read any of them. They pile up and then get thrown out before they're even cracked.. well, my mags anyway. My husband stays on top of his pretty well. He will stack up my un-read magazines and put them in funny places.. like in my closet, or on my laptop, to try and remind me they are there. Otherwise, I just forget about them. I actually feel guilty about it.. all that paper and trash. I won't sign up for magazines anymore but they just don't stop coming..? Don't get me started on catalogs! LOL..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Winter is here!!

I recorded the first episode.. haven't watched it yet. So excited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:10 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I really love the first and second season and I'm waiting for the season three..Game of thrones is also a fun and challenging game!