It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Gall Blader Extraction
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First off, I have/had been on Suboxone 2mg/2/day for about three years. One day in early February, I developed severe pain in my abdomen. By evening it had gotten so bad I had to go to the emergency room. They told me it could be 5 hours before being seen. The pain got so bad that I passed out on the floor. This is when my wife freaked and read the staff the riot act. They contacted a Dr. who ordered a EKG and a shot of dulodid. During the EKG the pain peaked and I thought I was going to die. But suddenly it abated. As it turned out, it was a gall stone passing. Any way they gave me the shot, which did no good being on sub. Left the ER without otherwise being seen.

Went to my PCP the next day and he diagnosed the problem. Sent me to the local surgeon who scheduled surgery for the next week. As it turns out, I was just about out of my latest prescription of sub so the timing seemed prefect to lay off beofre the surgery as I was told to do.

Well, I was good for about three days. Then the worst withdrawal I could ever imagine set in. The surgery was on a Monday morning so I thought getting through the weekend would be not much of a problem. It was a BIG problem. I could not wait to get to the surgery center just so I could have the procedure and leave with a prescription that would mitigate the withdrawal. I did not care about the surgical pain. It was the withdrawal I cared about and I had to immediately eat about 10 of the 7.5/500 hydros to get any reliefe. Worst experience of my life.

Post subject: I'm right there! now!
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:17 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I am less than 48 hours out from my cath scan. I feel like doodoo. I can't wait to get the procedure so I may get some relief. Or I'm hoping anyway. I had two weeks to taper from 6 mgs. daily. My doc said to taper down quickly as possible and not have any after Saturday. On saturday I had a about 1/4 mg crumb. I have just felt very tired since then and then in the evenings I get to feeling like I have the flu. I have literally been in bed since Saturday night. It's taking everything I have to not go crawl back into bed.

So...are you going back on subs?????

Glad you got some relief. Don't go back on bad drugs.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey Toothygrin. Funny thing that I did not mention. In July I had my right knee ACL reconstructed. I already had my left knee reconstructed and was familiar with the process. At that time, I tappered down a bit but did not stop. So I was relaxed going into surgery. And mostly, Ibuporfen and ice did the job for me after surgery and I started back the normal dose of sub. Mostly, I don't think sub users need to back off too much on the sub before surgery. If you feel the pain is a bit much, then start a titration from sub to full opiate as need. But I think you will be good.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Toothygrin, forgot to mention that yes, I'm going back on sub at about 1mg/day. Just works so well for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:19 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Toothy - Update. Just saw may Sub Dr. Will not be going back on Sub. I am three months out and feeling pretty darn good so we decided to hold off.

Post subject: That's good news
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:10 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

That is my plan also. Not to go back on. If you feel yourself having cravings for opiates, I would say 1 mg. of sub is better than getting caught up in the hell of opiate addiction. I am just going to try and exercise everyday and try and be more positive. I have a lot to lose so i want to stay healthy. Glad you are doing good.

Blessings,
CC