It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: 4 Mg FYI
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:26 am 

Hi Jeandianne. Thank you for your kind words about me.

I know I said that I am stung by Dr. Junig's words, but it's not really about me. I am not personally stung, although I was taken aback. I know Dr. Junig is a good man and doesn't say things to deliberately hurt people, even when annoyed. I thought, however, that I needed to represent the others here that might be hurt by his words.

And then I was talking to my best friend here in CO tonight and she is a bright person. My grammar and vocab are slightly better than hers, but I almost never have to explain a thing to her. Well, I found out that she thought that i.e. means "for example". So she didn't understand why I thought anything of what Dr. J said. Once I told her that i.e. means "in other words" she understood why it didn't sound great. But she would have read it exactly as Rule did.

I admit that I am a nerd! I took 4 years of Latin in high school. It's important to me that I know the subtle differences of the English language. It's totally not important to me that others know or care. I only care that everyone know how valued they are here. :)

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:26 am 

Amy, I stand corrected. My mistake for not looking it up and made an assumption. You're correct. I cannot speak for our good doctor so I'll leave it be.

Edit: you darn college kids get me every time. Normally, my grammar is for the most part acceptable and rarely needs editing. But every once in a while I forget. And thank you Amy for putting that out there for other members who might read it and feel bad about themselves. I surely don't consider myself any closer to complete abstinence then I did 7 years ago. My demons still haunt me. The only reason I can taper is probably my metabolism. The lower the dose, the stronger it seems to get. Just the opposite of every other drug out there. I'm not a chemist so we'll never know why it does what it does for me.

r

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:02 pm 

Guidelines may be good but at the same time, advice is going to differ to each person.

I know there's ppl who may see someone tapering fast and think that's the way it's supposed to go but they should realize each individual is different. I'm still on 8mg. Most others that's been on buprenorphine for 5 years have tapered to a lower dose but I'm not letting it influence what happens in my personal journey. I'll know when I'm ready and when I can handle that and I'm hopeful others will possibly think this way too. What I'm saying is, not talking about something in fear of others getting influenced that it's supposed to go that way, hold bk those that want to share their experiences too. So I'm not sure there is a right answer for that, other than treating each newcomer individually and giving them personal attention to their situation.

Pelican, when u mentioned that being aggressive to someone whose got negative feelings towards bupe and tend to get jumped on or however u said it (totally paraphrasing here lol)........ I totally am guilty of doing this in the past. I became a buprenorphine worrier there for a while and I apologize for that because a very good friend of mine here on this forum brought it to my attention, that it's easier to be kind and try to educate them better instead of going straight to attack mode. Since then I've applied that way of thinking and it's such a better way of handling it. If it's too negative though, u may have to reel me bk in because I do have a temper :) but I wanted to acknowledge that I've been guilty of this. I have good intentions because buprenorphine has saved my life and I hate to see negativity about it so I went into defense mode, but I realized it wasn't the best way to handle that.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rule my friend, no worries, But you know they say in most jest a bit of truth resides. I do tend to go
on about it. Not only my wife but me ex-wife (!)are on me for doing that (we've remained friends).

I must say I'm curious how the forum was different 3 or 4 years ago. Now that sounds interesting !