It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Frustrated!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My assessment is tomorrow morning. Yesterday, I was fine...even happy looking forward to going on Suboxone treatment. TODAY, not so much...
Today I'm really just feeling scared, I suppose. I've read a lot of good about subs, but today I've seen stuff about the morbid hell of withdrawals then PAWS afterwards. WTH? Has ANYONE successfully came off subs without withdrawals from hell? The whole idea is to get off oxys and live my life. Its been pure hell the past few days...How can I move on mentally when I know I have a future train wreck to look forward to? I understand I'm prob reading idiot posts from morons who want to bring anyone trying to get sober down...it just pisses me off so bad. Are they going on about how bad this drug does you because they didnt take it as they were suppose to? Or is it true? I am going thru hella anxiety and depression..obsessing about this suboxoneand i just want to know...its going to be OK?! I want to get away from pills,depression andanxiety...not make it worse...im falling apart...i swear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

That's why I am already tapering and have been on it less than 2 weeks. I needed it to get through the withdrawal from Norcos, but I am scared too of the long-term effects I've been reading about in the last few days (not just on this site) and I'm going to try to wean down to as little as possible asap. I wish there weren't so many stories about it, but I'm not comfortable with taking the chance. Whether there is evidence or medical studies or not...so many people's personal experience with it is just as valid in my opinion. It might work great for some for long-term, but I am too scared to take the chance. Who knows, I might not even be able to taper very quickly, but I'm already at 2mg/day and hopefully it hasn't been in my system long enough to have horrible withdrawals from it. But I definitely don't regret getting on it because it got me off the pills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey cherish,

You can make your Suboxone wd pretty severe or you can make you Suboxone wd pretty minor, it's really up to you. Diary of a Quitter was able to get off of Suboxone relatively easy by doing a good taper. She's been off almost 3 years now. Her post is the Liquid Taper thread. mg113 got off Suboxone with relative ease and even escaped PAWS, April 15th of this year marks 1 year being off Suboxone for her. She did a good taper too. RainRainGoAway got off Suboxone by doing a good taper, no PAWS to speak of with her either, she's been off for about a year too. Laddertipper got off of Suboxone with a good taper too, she had been on Suboxone for 6 years. Her acute wd was basically non-existent, but she did get hit with some mild PAWS.

Now, if you wanna NOT taper, like I did, and jump off Suboxone from a high dose.....well, you might as well bend over and kiss your ass goodbye because it SUCKS!!! Jumping from a high dose is a rough ride.

Suboxone gives us addicts the time we need to put our lives back together, it lets us learn how to live while not in active addiction (ex....live properly) and when we're ready, we can taper off of it. The taper is work, it takes discipline to be sure, but I've seen it done many times now.

Don't let fear of wd off of Suboxone stop you from getting on it. YOU can control how bad your wd is once you decide to quit Suboxone.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I totally understand where you are coming from. I was where you are now almost 2 years ago. I was looking at two options.. Either try suboxone or kick and get involved in AA. Boy oh boy do I wish I would have chosen the latter. But of course I chose the easy way out at the time. Fast forward two years. I was on suboxone for 14 months. Tapered religiously just as you are supposed to before jumping. I have been off suboxone for a little more than 8 months now and still feeling pretty miserable. It has slowly gotten better but I would not wish this shit on my worst enemy. This is not to mention how miserable I felt while on subs. The thing with this site is they like to sugar coat stuff and filter out the bad. Dr. Junig was never on this stuff. He went to AA to get sober. I am not some idiot, or even a sub basher, I am just somebody who has experienced it and has a story to tell. If I were in your shoes, I would nut up and kick, and then get your ass to AA, NA whatever, and do everything you can to beat this disease. Suboxone is a great tool, and I eventually got myself to AA after getting off of it because I was so miserable from the long and tedious sub WD and PAWS I was seriously considering suicide because I could not take it anymore. AA has helped to keep me sober since and life has never seemed more beautiful despite not feeling 100 percent yet. I had to get miserable enough to make it to AA, and that is something I have to thank suboxone for. With that said I don't know if I would have gotten sober without suboxone, but if I could do it all over again I sure as hell would try. People will tell you this is a life or death disease, but to me personally being on suboxone is close to death. I felt like I had no soul and just wasn't myself. This is not everyones experience, just my opinion. I don't want to scare you, but I am just telling you the God honest truth of my experience. Check out my thread called "Methodically Tapering/Suppression" which details my taper and jump. Ill say that it is doable and is not the end of the world if you choose to go on it, but like I said if I was at that fork in the road, I would kick and go to AA before going on subs

Post subject: Glad for sub
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey Cherish;Ive been on sub about 2 years, and apart from a 3 month slip up, life's pretty good. Started day 1 at 4mg, then 8mg next day then 16mg for six months and now tapered back 2mg, , , not hard at all, I much prefer the low dose, cause above 6mg i get shitty head space.
Getting down to 0.2 and stepping off is the tricky part, but I recon the withdrawal at that dose will be nothing compared to the full blown w/d, of say high dose methadone/heroin, - icy goose flesh, body thrashing, psychosis, recurring cycles of PAWS, insomnia etc,,,etc. Maybe the horror stories are comming from those only who lack a truely horrible w/d story.
Anyway, sub indeed is a wonderful detox tool to fill to the gap in giving folk's time to make the adjustments they need to clear out their old useless lives and go forward,
Good Luck

Post subject: alternitive
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I have been on the Sub program for 3 yrs..........currently I take 6 mgs of Subutex. I will tell you that there was not an ER or Urgent Care that I could drive by in whatever state (I traveled alot) that I couldn't resist pulling in to get pain pills. If they did not give me what I wanted ................I would make a big deal until I got it. I always wore a suit and tie to the ER. I was a full blown Dr Shopper and I was going to get what I wanted.

I hear what you are saying and I will say this. Today I am not worried about getting off subutex or suboxone. The reason........is cause I will die or end up in prison for Dr. Shopping if I go back out. I have not had the slightest craving for opiates since I have been on this med. Yes we are judged by medical professionals..........yes people talk of severe w/d from this med.......but there is is severe w/d from any opiate. On this medicine I do not have a desire to take any kind of an opiate. You will read of many people on here that have tapered off the med and are ok...............most people that move on do not bother to come back to share their experiece.

We all have to make a choice about what is best for us.........for now subutex is the right thing for me. If I choose down the road that it is not then I will make a different decsiom For now it works and my cravings are down and I have no desire for opiates. To me that is a big deal...............because I would roll on the ground with you for a Loratab.....I don't have to do that today. When the time comes that I want to taper or stop then I will deal with that but when I went on Subs........it was life or death............I chose life. I wish you the best in whatever you decide.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have to drive 50+ miles to my appt. SO...I'm in withdrawal,last night was...I dont have to explain..you all know lol
anyway, i called in and resceduled for next wednesday (someone can go with me) . Thank you for being HERE...I really need this...xo