It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Mine began innocently to be honest. I was a pretty good high school athlete with Football and Wrestling. I was a 3 time state placer in Michigan. I was raised in a good home by my grandparents who I looked up to dearly. I was never one to even drink in school. In 1998, my Grandfather, the only father I have ever known, passed away at age 71, 8 days after I turned 20 years old. I crawled into a bottle for the next 7 months. I ended up pulling myself out of that and found a pretty good job in a factory. I had started to weight train again, and began to get pretty serious.

In 2002, the seriousness became fullblown as I competed in my first contest, the 2002 NPC Mr. Natural Michigan. Eventually I did go into the Steroid route, but this also lead me to the party scene. I did my share of recreationals, and eventually one of my former training partners introduced me to Nalbuphine HCL (Nubain). Unfortunately, I learned to mainline it. Now it wasn't something I always had to have. Once every 3 or 4 months I placed an order to my supplier and sold 3 of the 5 bottles and kept the other two for myself. Around 2005, my left shoulder began giving me pain that was unbearable. It was found to have a bone spur that was digging into the rotator cuff. This is what lead me to my first script of Vicodin. Even at that point I wasn't into pills that much. It wasn't unitl 2007 when it got bad. An Urgent Care facility opened up near me, and every 10 days I was there like clockwork getting my script of 30 10mg Loracet. Within 2 days they were gone, I would WD and a few days later, get another script. In late 2008, the addiction was taking it's toll. I had given up bodybuilding. When I would run out of my script, I would go to other Dr.s and just pay for the pills out of pocket. When I couldn't do that, I would have my future wife call her friends who had them, and I began spending $200 whenever I needed pills. Pills that would only last me 2 days. In January 2009, I got my final script of Loracet. I was so far gone and had such a high tolerance that I was taking 8 or 9 each time just to maintain. I looked into the mirror and decided this was it. I was not living anymore, only existing. I finally made the decision to get on Suboxone and I haven't looked back since.

You armed me with strength for battle, you made my adversaries bow at my feet. Psalm 18:39

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Thanks so much for sharing your story! It seems no matter how unique we all are, our stories are eerily familiar. Since you've been on sub have you gone back to body building at all? It sounds like you really enjoy it. I'm glad suboxone helped to get you out of the chaos that was your life, just like the rest of us. Are you still in Michigan? I'm in mid-Michigan, having been here most of my life. Thanks again for sharing your story.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey pumpt thanks for sharing!

were you into straight edge like the music scene (punk and hardcore)? I was in my teens & didn't touch anything for most of high school years...

If you just meant you were squeaky clean forgive me...

-Glen

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi hatmaker, yup I've just now started to get back to the gym full time. I love it. That is a high that no drug can take the place of. I truly believe Suboxone saved my life. In fact, Im staring at my dose right now!!!!! Yup Im still in Michigan, I always say Detroit, but I live in Monroe.

Yeah glen, I was just squeaky clean at the time. There really wasn't any straight edge when I was in school 1993-1997. But I still loved my heavy metal.

You armed me with strength for battle, you made my adversaries bow at my feet. Psalm 18:39