It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone,

Just thought I would introduce myself. I have been on Suboxone for 8 months now and I can honestly say that it has been a life saver for me. I took rather strong pain meds prescribed to me for 8 years. I have several health problems and spend a lot of time in the hospital. No issues in the beginning with taking them but the last few years became a vicious cycle. I tried to quit myself several times but I always went back to the pills. Even though I was so sick, the depression and anxiety was the part I couldn't handle the most. Finally I was told about Suboxone and from day 1 I haven't looked back. I have come to realize that if I take quite a few medications on a daily basis already then taking one more is no biggie to me even if its for the rest of my life. I am willing to do so just to feel the way I haven't felt in 10-12 years. I did have surgery in Oct. to remove my stomach so I had to take pain meds for about a week and a half but started back on the subs.

Sorry for this being so long.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:19 pm 

Oh you poor lady! Your health difficulties sound terrible! I didn't know that people could have their stomachs removed.

On the other hand, I'm so glad that suboxone has been a solution for you! Opiates/opiods are insidious in their ability to make an addict out of just about anyone. Does the sub help with any pain you have on a daily basis? There are several people here who take sub for chronic pain conditions in conjunction with addiction.

You are welcome here! Stick around and tell us more about yourself. There is a lot of wonderful support here!

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome!

Ditto to what Amy said. I'm glad you've found something to help you get back to the person you were. Please keep us posted on how it goes! How long have you been taking suboxone for?

Amy-Work In Progress wrote:
Opiates/opiods are insidious in their ability to make an addict out of just about anyone.

Isn't this the truth?!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi Roxanne,
Welcome. Your story could be my story except for the part about the stomach, you poor thing and also I have been suffering chronic pain for over thirty years, so I am a bit older than you. I started Suboxone nearly five years ago and my life has been saved because of it.
I have had a few operations during the five years and have had no problems, have stayed on the Suboxone and been able to deal with the pain with Paracetamol, thankfully.
I wish you all the best.
I love the above quote posted by Amy about opiates and opiods.
Beau (female)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you so much for the welcome :-) I have been taking Suboxone since April. I really like my sub doctor. He should be retired by now but still continues to do this. He seems to be very caring and interested in his patients....at least the ones that are trying. Some patients think they can B.S. him since he is older and gets confused sometimes. I think he is testing them just to see how honest they are LOL. You never know!

I have realized that the Suboxone helps with my pain so much better than the pain pills ever did. It also seems to help majorly with my depression and anxiety problems. Maybe it's just me but I am a new person since starting on it. My sub doctor did mention at one time perhaps staying on it since it helps so much with my chronic pain issues. I am so limited to what I can take for pain because I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure when I was 35 and have a pacemaker/defibrillator, double bypass open heart surgery and 2 heart attacks. Just about all the chronic pain meds except for the opioids are bad for my heart. Therefore becoming addicted. I can't drive anymore either because of the heart issue. I used to be so independent...ugh. I loved it. But thankfully I have a wonderful husband who is a terrific nurse and never seems to mind taking me where I need to go, etc.

I have been reading so much on this site. I am so glad I found this place. The stigma we are stuck with because we take Suboxone is awful. You get looked at funny when they see you are on it but have a long list of opioid pain meds and they don't blink an eye.

Phew...I hope I didn't bore ya'll lol. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Thanks!
Rox