It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

What's up everybody? My name's Giovanni I'm 30 and from Philly. I've been on Suboxone since 2008 and before that Methadone. I've had some clean time in the past but it was because of being incarcerated. Of my 5 years in prison I stayed clean for 26 months. I was just released again in February. This time I did only a year in county jail. I immediately got back onto Suboxone upon my release. My criminal life and addiction has taken it's tole on me
I'm currently on parole and trying to find work (legal ha). Lately I'm having a lot of trouble with life. Part of it is readjustment to society. I'm court ordered to a halfway house. But despite of all this negative, I'm unbelievably relaxed. I'm content almost to a fault. I feel flat, emotionless and without motivation.
Now mind you I'm not depressed. I feel great in fact. But parole is breathing down my neck to find work and my halfway house is screaming for money and I face a very real possibility of going back to jail. Despite this I barely go outside. My immediate needs are met but I'm 30 and I long for a real life.
I have severe ADHD and now that I'm on Suboxone it's very hard for me to get the proper amphetamines I need to be stable. My Sub Dr. Is a joke haha. I'm in and out in 5 seconds And I see a new Dr. Every month. The vast majority of patients at my clinic are North Philly dealers who never had an opiate problem and sell the scripts.
Does anybody have any "good" advise? Please don't reply with "talk to your DR.". I've been on Suboxone forever haha. My dose is fine and My Dr. Is a quack. Can anybody tell me if my primary Dr. Can prescribe me the ADHD medications I need? Also does anybody know of a good therapist/ psychiatrist in Phily? Thank you for this amazing tool! I love it here.
Stata buon.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:29 am 

Hey sull welcome to the forum!

I'm definitely not from ur area so I can't help with any doctors and I also can't help u with adhd cause I don't have it lol are ya wondering why I even responded..... nah I just wanted to welcome ya to the forum.

My clinic doesn't allow medications like adderall, even if another dr had prescribed it. So that's just mine, not all doctors are that strict so it's basically as simple as just finding the right dr for u.

I'm sure dealing with probation or parole officers are not easy, I've been there. At least ur out of jail now. I know it's a stuck feeling but you'll hopefully get that worked out.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It does feel great to be out. I'm enjoying the food haha. Philly has some of the best food on planet earth. Jenjen thank you for the warm welcome. I'm so grateful for this forum. I never understood why some clinics don't allow other drugs. My clinic writes massive amounts of klonopin along with subs like it's no big deal but bring up adderall and your ostracised as a "drug seeker" haha. I literally had one Dr. Say to me "well I don't prescribe addictive drugs like amphetamines but if it helps I can write you for klonopin". Haha

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI SULLAFELIX,

and welcome to the forum!. Have you tried to seek a different place to get your subs?. I am not from Philly, but the place i go to is more of a counselling /therapy setting where the counselors write prescriptions for anti depressants and subs or whatever mental issues ...they address .

I mean the whole reason we are on subs is to get away from the drug seeking people or dealers and such. I just feel like the place that you go to is not giving you what you need. Medically or emotionally. and is not good for YOUR recovery.

And... if you can't find another place, I would seriously consider what med you need the most. ADHD med or subs? You may have to choose which med will serve you the best.

I used to get panic attacks but i knew my sub doc would not prescribe xanax so I got off of xanax via rehab and just strictly take subs and a beta blocker for anxiety.

I hope you find a better place to get your subs. preferably with counselling also.

Good luck to you!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks Randy you make great points. My sub clinic doesn't suit my needs. But with my insurance it's completely free! I pay nothing out of pocket for visits, urines and medication. I made an appointment with another clinic to see if they will accommodate my ADHD plus my opioid dependency.
I feel I have the right for ALL my medical needs to be addressed. Just because I'm opiate dependant shouldn't force a low level of care on me in regards to ADHD. Addiction DRs are very guilty of this.