It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:22 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

The strangest thing for me, is that my neck & back pain, is no where near as bad as it was back when I was popping all of those pills! I did have some surgery, but was told I would still have pain, and I had myself convinced I needed pain pills for the rest of my life, but the pain is significantly reduced, and I rarely even have to take motrin now, except if I've over extended myself.

YES! I think the full on opiods caused that. Something my doc explained to me as a kind of "rebound effect". I could barely turn over in bed, walked with a slight limp, had probs going up stairs when I started Subs. I thought I would be on pain meds the rest of my life. What a relief to find here 3 yrs later that I do not suffer with all of that anymore! It's the very reason I decided to come off Subs....I do not need them for chronic pain any longer.
Suboxone is a very good pain reliever...in fact, I think it is much better than any of the opiods as you do not get that "giddy feeling" and it seemed to deal with the pain much more effectively. I could still feel the pain on Lortabs...just that they made me euphoric and I didn't care :) Honestly, Sub really took care of the pain more in line with how Motrin works....I would feel a general easing of pain in about an hour after taking it. When I first started Subs, I couldn't even get ready for work in the morning until it had kicked in...my doctor thought I would have to apply for disability without Suboxone...and I think that is true for many people. It allowed me to keep going with my life, work and feel good while doing so.

I refuse to read threads that are "hating on Subs"....where would they be without them? The Sub didn't make you addicted..the opiods did (or whatever your med was). The Sub only half fills the receptors to allow you time to heal from the other drug. Yes, you're going to eventually come off...but in your own time :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ClearAqua wrote:
The strangest thing for me, is that my neck & back pain, is no where near as bad as it was back when I was popping all of those pills! I did have some surgery, but was told I would still have pain, and I had myself convinced I needed pain pills for the rest of my life, but the pain is significantly reduced, and I rarely even have to take motrin now, except if I've over extended myself.

YES! I think the full on opiods caused that. Something my doc explained to me as a kind of "rebound effect". I could barely turn over in bed, walked with a slight limp, had probs going up stairs when I started Subs. I thought I would be on pain meds the rest of my life. What a relief to find here 3 yrs later that I do not suffer with all of that anymore! It's the very reason I decided to come off Subs....I do not need them for chronic pain any longer.
Suboxone is a very good pain reliever...in fact, I think it is much better than any of the opiods as you do not get that "giddy feeling" and it seemed to deal with the pain much more effectively. I could still feel the pain on Lortabs...just that they made me euphoric and I didn't care :) Honestly, Sub really took care of the pain more in line with how Motrin works....I would feel a general easing of pain in about an hour after taking it. When I first started Subs, I couldn't even get ready for work in the morning until it had kicked in...my doctor thought I would have to apply for disability without Suboxone...and I think that is true for many people. It allowed me to keep going with my life, work and feel good while doing so.

I refuse to read threads that are "hating on Subs"....where would they be without them? The Sub didn't make you addicted..the opiods did (or whatever your med was). The Sub only half fills the receptors to allow you time to heal from the other drug. Yes, you're going to eventually come off...but in your own time :)

Yep, totally agree!! Although I didn't realize it was the sub also helping me.. At the time I attributed it to finally being off all the pills. I started out taking 4 to 6 50mg tramadol pills a day until I was completely addicted where I was up to 30 to 40 pills a day, and when I was on the 30 to 40 I was in the most awful pain of my life. Far worse then even the day I got my injury!! In addition to that I was seeing a Dr. which to me now was just a crook, who would Jab huge shots of saline, with a huge 13 guage needle in my shoulder muscles, charging me 200 dollars every session. He told me that the shots and jabs would allow my muscle to release the toxins!! I mean when I look back on all that, I just want to lay down and cry, I was so foolish, and so dazed from the drugs, I believed anything he told me!! He could have damaged my nerves and muscles for life!!

All I can say over and over, is that Suboxone, no matter what anyone else says about it, is a life saver...Yeah it's taking a long time to get off of it, but my life is otherwise normal...So whatever the case may be, I am back in reality, and was able to move on!! Moving on, that's huge for me!

Man, I need to stop rambling so much! I'm gonna scare you guys away! LMAO! Sorry! :oops:
Heading for my run! YAY!

- Joseph Campbell

Post subject: Down to .5 daily
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well I was going to give myself 2 weeks before I tapered again, but since taking Clonodine 2x a day, other then anxiety, and that ridiculously annoying lingering smell problem, I have been feeling well. Well enough to try another taper down. So I am on .50 daily. I was too scared to try .50/.25 every other day, b/c well b/c I'm a wimp! So I am going to try and stabelize at .50 then perhaps in a week to 2 weeks do the every other day taper.

I started sneezing uncontrollably this morning, and could not stop! OMG That has to be the most ridiculous symptom yet! I've heard you guys talking about it, but had not experienced it, so thought I might be safe from that one, but it hit today. I think I sneezed so many times at once I felt like my brain was going to come out of my ears! I was a mess from it, watery eyes, runny nose, OMG it was nuts! But I knew from everyone else mentioning it, that it was a symptom of the withdrawel so I took it as best I could. I have pretty much continued sneezing throughout this day, and now my eyes are actually feeling heavy and burn, sort of like if you've spent the day crying. I also feel moody today. I can be laughing one minute, and crying the next. But I also know that is a symptom, so I am just going to keep going for now, with the .50 daily and hope for the best.

I have a marathon coming up this weekend, on Saturday, so I've been running between 6 and 8 miles a day, sometimes I can make 8.5, but the weather has not been my friend at all. I have pretty much taken a hot bath every night, and that seems to really help for me. I've slept well, and am over all feeling well, so I have no reason that I can think of at this point to change anything yet. I am however, always keeping my options open. I have cut 2- 2mg strips into 16 pcs each, and put them in a small pill container, and that is my "if I'm having problems" box. I keep it in the cabinet, and in a box so that I have to really think about it before going to it. It's probably so silly that I'm doing that, but I feel that I need to set up things for myself to keep myself focused, and with a plan. I have major OCD, and am a very "routine" person. I very rarely stray from my daily routine, so these little things I have added are just my ways of keeping a routine, even with tapering off of subs.

I see my Doctor again in 2 weeks, so I've been keeping a daily record of what I'm feeling at different times, what things I think I can handle and what things I really am hating....So hopefully he will have suggestions for me when I get there.

Other then that, it's still a go for me, and I feel ok with it. I must say I do not feel as good as I did when I had the .75 day dose, but I'm trying to convince myself, that the cold is what is bothering me, and that if I just keep going, it will eventually get better.

I do still have anxiety, but it's the same, not worse, not better. I'll get there eventually.....

Thanks for reading. I appreciate it more then you know...

ps. Charlie's funeral was on Sunday (yesterday) I spoke about him at his wake, and I feel really good about it. It gave me closure, and allowed me to share how much I loved him, and what an amazing person he was with the other people. So although I'm still sad, and still going to miss him, I feel better, and I know that he is in a very good place, and hopefully I'll have him as my angel watching over me! That would be so very nice.

Hugs!! Good thoughts and vibes to all of us for a good week ahead!

Rain

- Joseph Campbell

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:00 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

WOW Rain your moving right along............always stabilize and feel ok before you go down, then you dont have to worry about being a wimp..........name one perso who likes w/d we are all wimps :)

Go easy and listen to your body you have come a long way girl....................

and give yourself a pat on the back for coming so far

Hugs
Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you Lisa! You are so sweet! I feel really great tonight...Took my dose at 730 after my run, and am feeling pretty normal right now. Minimal anxiety...actually the anxiety is better tonight then it has been. I ran 6 miles tonight, it was soooo cold, and that is always more of a workout for me, to run when it's really cold and windy that is. Wipes me right out! So I'm heading to bed, and hoping that I will feel this good in the morning!!

The sneezing is just die hard, and will not quit! Totally wacky! LOL I am hoping, however that all the sneezing will wipe out the bad smells!! :)

Hugs!! Good night everyone!!

Rain

- Joseph Campbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Rainbow,

I'm glad that you got to speak at Charlie's funeral and that it gave you closure. I love the idea of him watching over you, I bet he is!

As far as the laughing one minute and crying the next, I can totally identify with you there. Wd sends our emotions to cuckoo town. I don't really know of any way to combat it, but just knowing it was a normal part of wd helped me realize I wasn't losing my marbles and that was a big comfort in and of itself!!

Ummm, you run 6 to 8 miles a day? Heck, I don't even like to drive 6 to 8 miles a day!! Just teasing! I think the fact that you are in great shape and that you are pushing your body physically will continue to help you greatly during your taper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, it is a few days in at .50mg and I feel good. Not perfect, but I'm not going for perfect just yet. My emotions are a bit hay wire still today, can't decide if I want to cry or laugh...I also feel some jitters, and just nervouse in general. But, I've also had a very bad day today and last night had a bad experience with some punk kids driving when I was running. I had to cut my run short, and I don't think that helped at all. I didn't sleep as good last night either, just had a very upset stomach pretty much all night. I called my Dr. and told him, and he said I can take an extra clonodine when this happens, but I haven't done that as of yet. I feel pretty tired taking it twice a day as is, so I don't want to chance feeling groggy or overly sleepy during the day. My children are on spring break from school this week, so I want to enjoy them as much as possible. Wanting to sleep all day just wouldn't fit in with the plans....

Soooo it's still ok though, I'm not feeling the need to take another .25mg, so I won't for now, but as I've always said I keep my options open. I never tell myself absolutely not, and I seem to be playing a major mind game on myself, but it's working. I don't take the extra but I tell myself I can, and for some reason that settles me down enough to keep moving forward. I do have to admit I'm kind of scared this go around, and am thinking I will need to stabilize here a little longer then I did the other doses, but I'm ok with that. I really am not in a rush, and I do have to keep reminding myself that. It's silly that I ever put a "jump date" on it in the first place...I've always been the type to not rock the boat, so it's funny to me that I suddenly became very impatient. Regardless however, I'm going through with this, as far as I can, until I feel safe enough to jump....That's my plan thus far.

I am hoping to get a really good run in tonight.. The days I am able to do that, I feel the best, so I've been looking forward to getting home tonight and just having at it on the road! Hopefully it will all go as planned, and that will give me a good night, and probably also assure that I'll be able to sleep good tonight too.
The mornings have gotten a little tough this week too, so I decided to cut out the caffeine intake for now. I switched to decaf coffee, and cut out any other caffeine souces all together. I'll gradually add them back in when I think my nerves can handle it.

So that is that!! Not great, but not horrible either...Just in the middle.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate you all so very much!!

Hugs!! Rain

- Joseph Campbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Rainbow,

It sure sounds like you have a really good handle on this taper of yours. You are keeping an open mind, you're willing to stabilize at certain doses a little longer if need be and it's working for you....that is by far the most important thing...it's working for you and that's all that matters!!! Don't be scared, you got this!!

Enjoy those kiddies!! Spring break will be over before you know it.