It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I had forgotten you said you took sub previously. I am glad we are here to help and venting can make all the difference in the world. I am truly sorry for the loss you suffered. I am sure she would be very proud of you and extremely happy that you have chosen to honor her memory and be the man she knew you could be. I wish you a life of happiness and you are taking the first steps toward it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

well thank you for that Like I said it has been over 96 hours since gel and 20 hours since the strips i think I am ready

Post subject: Good luck
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Good luck!!!! I really hope it all works out for you

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was just ckecking is there any new info on fent to suboxone?? Cause I dont think the dried up patches would make a difference I asked my doctor and he said nothing about it like shrugged it off or something

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Did you get induced onto sub and seeing a sub Dr now? I was wondering what happened to you, it's nice to see your back. Update us as to how you are doing, well I hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I talked to the docotr and he said that someone eating the fentanyl patch could start suboxone 48 hours after last use. I told him that i heard this from a friend, which no names were given, but he said that they are right, but yet they were wrong. SO i am guessing they are wrong because they are giving the advice and they are not a doctor and yet they are right because it has a shorter half life because its going in your mouth and not under your skin like wearing it

Post subject: narcissist Dr's!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:21 pm 
No one's trying to pass of experience as medical advice....only experience! Some doctors are such narcissists that they become upset when patients are actually informed; especially in an area like Suboxone, where most doctors have no friggin idea!

-Travis

Post subject: free and clean
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ALright gang herer we go I have been 48 hours with absolutly no piece of patch of fetanyl or a patch to go off of so i have been clean I think by 72 to 74 hours I will start the suboxone thats what most doctors say so I know that I will be right. Still though got to admit i really do not feel that bad as far as withdrawal pains. I can tell you that once I start at suboxone I am never looking back. Am I right as far as the 72 hours I have been doing these patches eating them for like a year now lets say 4 months repeatedly so will that be enough time?? thanks gang for any info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Like I think we've said before, if you've only been sucking/eating the patches and not wearing them, then they are short-acting only. You probably then don't need over 70 hours before induction. Go by the COWS scale according to your symptoms more so than how long it's been. Typically with short-acting opiates the wait before induction is about 24-48 hours. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea where you have to wait so very long - if you're going by "doctors", they are probably talking about people who are WEARING the patches. It's very different if you are sucking on/eating the patches.

If I have anything wrong or have misunderstood, please clarify. Good luck - Hopefully this one's the charm!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hat thanks for the post long time no talk. No your right, but as I said before the cows scale I have trouble deciding on because I have hardly no wds besides the hot sweats. and when you inducted on it did you get the sweats to or is that just me?? I ate the patches and when i asked my doctor he said 48 hours was good enough to wait but then I asked him why he made me wait till the 72 hours because he knew i ate them and never wore them. Also i just want to make sure you know that there are no problems on this thats why all the questions. I had with drawals before then i got on sub then i stopped and now its been 48 hours since anything and I dont have the slightest tingle i got xanax though same as last time I am taking but i think since i can make it I will go ahead and wait till the full 72 hours just to be on the safe side because i want to make this count and not let other people rule my life and take my money for narcotics

Post subject: body weight a factor
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was wondering hat or anyone else does body weight have to do with the opiates in your body or just time elapsed without them before induction?? I read an article where it said that fentanyl was stored in body fat and I am 250lbs i wonder if thats why i am, not feeling the wds yet cause i got so much stored in my "hump" LOL to start the wds anyway let me know cause i am eager to get on with this and all that stuff

Post subject: JUST TAKE IT ALREADY!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:11 am 
If you're really 50+ hours without opioids and I mean no opioids, not evan a 'dry patch,' or a 'strip' of a patch, etc....TAKE THE SUBOXONE already! I can't help feeling like you're way overthinking the induction. If you get sick, you'll feel better very shortly...Chances are you won't get sick...it doesn't sound like you even had a very big tollerence from what you've said about the opioids you used...Just take it and keep taking it on whatever schedule you and your doctor have figured out.

-Travis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Right on travis no i took all the old patches out and threw them away and I have cut contact with the people who have them any way now it has been its been 67 hours since my last oral dose so i am going to give it a run though still i have no wd's but it shurly has to be past the time so im gonna give it a try

Post subject: I tookl 6mgs of sub
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ok my nose is running a lil bit and it has been an hour since i took it and I was sweating but i am not now and i am yawning a kik bit so am i out of thr woods with the precipitataed with d's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:22 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

tiredofthe game!!!!!! Yeah Yeah!!!! You did it, you are tired of the game I'm glad you finally did it. Now you can move on and work on your recovery. It's a good time of the year to start, a good Christmas gift to yourself. Keep moving farward.
Mel :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

heres the thing though I started it and i felt really sick I thought forsure i would be fine, but i had no wd symptoms at all before the bupe, but it was almost 72 hours and I did it and I got all the symptoms of withdrawal I do not think I was ready has anyone else had this happen to them because i think i started out with too much and now I am stuck and going through what I did not have before I think the xanax is stopping my wds but i do not know for sure I am not feeling good and I dont know what to do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You said before that after an hour you were fine, with the exception of a few leftover withdrawals, so it's my opinion that you are not having any precipitated withdrawals. How much sub did you take? You probably haven't taken enough, like last time. You need to take enough suboxone to extinguish your withdrawals and cravings.

This is why we encourage people to see a doctor for appropriate suboxone treatment. A doctor should be doing your induction in her/his office and you wouldn't have to be doing this by yourself and freaking out like this.

Again, how much have you taken so far and when?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:42 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

tired of the game
If you had NO wd's after 67 hrs you probably dont need suboxone. If I were off my doc for 8hrs I would know I needed more. When I stayed away from DOC I could feel it in with in the same day, so for sure 67 hrs I would be flipping out with wd's. I'm really not sure you need it or not.

Hat said it you really need to be doing this with a Dr. this is for recovery and if your not seeing a Dr. that is not a good move. Or you getting this off the street? or Your Dr?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

gentlemen in earlier posts i did see a doctor and was completely honest with him about what I did and the manner I did it in. However, we got me on a plan and he said that 72 hours was good enough for time to pass till you can take i bupe. Please be advised i mean no intention of playing games with you gentlmen/ladies on this. He said when I got past my last patch eating it that it he said that 72 hours start the induction, but i had no wd's feelings at all!!!!! Like I said I use xanax and it holds the shit at bay i guess but like you guys said i might not need to be on it. Cause when I was on it before my girlfriend died I had withdrawls. Thats why I got on it then when she died I started the path to destruction again. but for some reason since i took ans was on the bupe for a while that first time I dont get the wd's anymore. I took 6mgs of sub at 12:33pm today and then got all of the symptoms of wds which means i was not ready yet or should I have kept dosing cause i dont know if my body weight has anything to do with the storage of fentanyl in the body. I just wonder i waited the appropriate time and still got sick from it so I do not know alright hit my with thoughts my friends I do not mean to play ga,es with you but am telling you the truth about anything you want to know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:39 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was completely unknown about this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next