It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

your right i have no started the sneezing thing you know in the withdrawal porcess and the yawns are about to come on so i guess I will try to judge from there but just leary about making the big mistake you know sorry if I have bugged you I am just nervous heading into this anymore info on the matter would help if anyone would like to add thanks for your input I look forward to out success

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:06 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Your not bugging me, that's why we are here. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. It's totally understandable that you are nervous and very smart of you to seek out the info you need. In my opinion when you get to the point that you feel like you can't hold your arms and legs still and your skin is crawling that's when your ready. Again this is just me and everyone is different. I never had any stomach issues prior to being induced so I am not sure if you will experience different symptoms at different times.

You could also run into a local drug store and check your bp and pulse, when they are elevated that is another symptom of withdrawl. I would give it 24 hours and if you are miserable and wanna jump out of your skin then I would try a small dose of sub, maybe 1 or 2mg. Wait about an hour and if you do not get sick then take more.

I wish I could give a specific time or symptom to look out for unfortunately it doesnt work that way. If you think your ready but unsure feel free to post your symptoms and how long its been since u took the fentanyl and we will try to help you decide. You are so close to being on the other side just stay strong and you will be there before you know it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

well it has been 48hrs since the last dose of fentanyl from the patch. The pieces that I sucked on were dried out and used already before when I was going through this. Now I am getting achy in my joints but nothing like I can not sit still or anything like that or I have no bowel issues so what now I wonder?? I wonder when I pull up on 72 hours i will be ok to take the bupe even if I have not that much discomfort or is that a bad thought??

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Try to go by the COWS sheet to see where you are withdrawal-wise. And don't forget to watch how your pupils react. They are a good way to tell when you're in withdrawals or not. Good luck!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hat maker I appreciate the info, but like i said before I am horrible at judging myself on the cows scale it has been almost 51 hours since i have had fentanyl and Now the runny nose and the aches are starting i think by tomorrow around noon I will be ok to take the bupe or atleast start off at 2 mg's whats your thought and please give me more info on the pupils I never heard anything like that also like i said I have dried up patches from before that I dont think will do much harm and have anything on them they are little bitty pieces that are old and i have used them plus my stomach is starting to rock a lil bit i think I am on the threshold of the wd's what do you think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well alright people tomorrow is the day the 72 hours comes up with no fentanyl and I am going to make the switch. I am wondering is the xanax I took helping the wd's so I can make it and plus I am trying to find out about the pupil thiung. Please I will let you know how it turns out but any last minute suggesstions would be great because i still do not feel in full withdrawl, bit i got some signs I am getting there which might be good enough please let me know and I will catch up with you in the morning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Like it says on the COWS, when one's pupils dilate (get larger), that's an indicator that someone is in withdrawals. By this time, you should be fine to induce onto sub. It's been long past the time that you should be okay to avoid any precipitated withdrawals. But again, I'm no doctor. Let us know how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Alright my friends it is now 68 hours since i have had any fentanyl. I am not having much pains except for the joint aches and the lil bit of nose running. I wounder if te xanax is taking most of it away. Anyway I am going to try dosing I should be fine I hope man this is more nervous than when I bought my first house (HE HE HE HE)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hope your induction goes smoothly, keep us posted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok I iducted today and I started with 2 mg's about 10 min ago I was still hardly feeling any wd pains even after 70 hrs of no fentanyl use except for them old fentanyl patches I had that used briefly but I am just sweating a lil bit thats all any thoughts??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'd wait about 20 more minutes and then take more, maybe 4 more mg. You should feel much better after that - noticeably better. That's my non-medical opinion anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

do you think that if I had any fentanyl in my system the sub would have hadme into wd;'s cause i am still sweating is that normal or should i try to take 4 more mg's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think you would be violently ill by now if you were going to experience precipitated withdrawals (in other words, it would have happened by now if it were going to, so I think you're out of the woods). So I'd go ahead and take another 4 mg if it were me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ok I just want to makw sure because the damn person called me with the patches and now I am hoping this works so I can tell him to get you know######. I dont want to take it then go into pain then have to go back to the patch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with hat, Prec withdrawl is really bad and would make you extremely ill. You are still experiencing symptoms of withdrawl because you only took 2mg of sub. I would try another 4mg like hat said and wait another hour and see how you feel. If you are still in withdrawl you could try taking another 2-4mg. 8-12mg is a an average induction dose. It is just a but of trial and error in the beginning to find out what dose works best for you. The goal is to find the lowest dose possible that keeps you out of withdrawl and eliminates your cravings. This could be anywhere from 6mg-16mg. There are some people on doses above 16mg but most people do fine in the 6-16mg area. Keep letting us know how your doing and the symptoms you are having and we will try to help you the best we can. Of course I have to add the "we are not Drs" disclaimer, you made it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know you guys are not doctors and I do very much apprecioate your comments to me. I do not think at that time I was ready, but I am going to try it again any way what is this stuff called loperamide? Does this help to a degree better than the xanax or whats the deal . This is hard on me I live by myself and I am on my own on this so you guys are my friends to help me through this thank you all and I am praying for those of you who are fighting and those of you who have won the fight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So you didn't finish your induction onto suboxone? What happened? Did you get sick? Or did you just not feel better? And did you take that extra dose(s)?

Let us know what happened and then I'll weigh in on inducing again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok Hatmaker my friend, I started to feel really bad after that dosenot like percip wds but almost like the beginning but not that bad. Being by myself I got scared I think the 2mgs of subox cleard the receptors and i took more fent my fault i know, but now I am going without to do this right I may have had so much built up on the receptors that there was going to be a while before the wds started, anyway now i got the runs and no aches or anything yet its been 24 hours since last 100 patch thats why i was asking about the lopramide and if the xanax i was taking was hiding the wds last time this time I want to make sure i am on the right feelings as sick as it sounds if wds that way i know its safe to dose do you think the same please give me guidance i know you are not a doc but your the closest i have as well as you know I weigh my options also

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You know hatmaker and breezy I know I can do it like i said I am by myself and I want to make sure the time is right. I lost my girlfriend early last year and thats what started this whole cycle. She would not want this for me so instead of feeling sorry for myself I am getting my ass on the road to recovery.I need to know about the lopramide and other things as well I am glad that there are people like you out there. I did not take the other 4 mgs of sub that day i was scared but now i want to make sure i am ready to go please hit me back and give me thoughts god bless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and sorry your 1st try didn't go too well. Yes I have read Immodium can help with withdrawl symptoms and of course the stomach issues that go along with it. Most of the posts I've read recommending this say to take more than the directions say to take. I have never tried it so I am only going by what I have read. I am glad you are giving sub another shot. It's kinda funny that we have to sit there hoping to feel like shit but as sure as the sun rises every morning you will eventually feel like shit and can start your sub. Let us know if you have any other questions or if you just need some support while going thru withdrawl. You are not alone, you have friends here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next