It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:37 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Been lurking here for awhile and got off suxone with no withdrawl symptons. I got alot of good tips from this thread.

I have been using perscription opiads for around 8 years. The last three years i was at my worst i did approx 160mg oc a day. Tried quitting dozens of time and never could go more then two weeks sober.

Decide to go one suboxone maintness. For a year i wad on 8 mg a day. After the year i decided to do a long micro taper i wasnt in big rush to get off. I believe i tapered for around 1.5 years.

1. Went from 8 to 6 to 4 mg in about a month wth new discomfort

2. I the cut 4mg up into the smalles increments i could. I graddually decreased my dose to 2mg once a day this took around 2 month.

3. Tapering below 2mg a day started to get really hard. It would take .1 mg off my daily dose every two weeks or so. I diluted 4mg strips so i could accuratly control my doages. I did this for the rest of the taper.

4. When i got low enough i would desolve 6mg/30ml of water, i would take .5ml a day.
This requals out too .1mg a day.

4. After two month i did 4mg/30ml of water. This equals .066mg a day.

4. Two month later i did 2mg/30ml this equals
.03mg a day.

after about a month of .03mg i started forgeting to dose about once a week. Eventually i realized i forgot to dose two days straight and i felt fine so i just decide to compltly stop. I have been clean for about a month. I have felt zero withrawl symptoms, i have been sleeping just fine, have zero direah, and no cravings.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:54 am 

Welcome Slow! So happy for you! I am in no rush to stop suboxone but I do want to be on the lowest dose possible. During the past year I have dropped from 24 to 6mgs with no problem. I do take 2mgs three times per day as it helps with osteoarthritis and depression associated with menopause. My thought is to cut the 2mgs strips in half and then to start dropping one at a time. I really think the key to success is taking your time. I am in no rush! Please continue to post so we can keep up with your story and know how you are!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:00 pm 

Welcome slowtapermicro!

It's always great to hear a good success story and I wish there were more ppl sharing them. It seems like only the negative gets posted a lot. It's important for ppl to see that everyone's journey is different and it's not always a nightmare. It sure inspires the heck out of me :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:14 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Many, many congrats to you for being able to get off Sub. You should be very proud of yourself!

1.1.15 - 8 mg/day
1.24.15 - 6 mgs/day
3.6.15 - 4 mg/day
3.22.15 - 3 mg/day
5.3.15- 2 mg/day
5.17.15 - 1.5 mg/day
5.29.15 - 1 mg/day
6.16.15 - .8 mg/day
12.18.15 - 4 mg
12.28.15 - 2 mg
1.10.16 - 1.5 mg
1.21.16 - 1 mg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:21 pm 

Thank you for describing your taper in such detail. It really is possible to step off sub quite painlessly if you are patient enough to taper to micro doses like you did. Keep in touch and let us know if you continue to feel perfectly normal!

Amy