It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I made up my mind in stone with 2mg pills, the game is over for me!!! Some may argue but your brain only makes serotonin so fast. On 8mg Plus a day WILL IN TIME DRAIN YOU!!! After five plus years I personally have nothing to gain on this stuff, depression, Headaches, weird heart blood pressure, and most of all GUILT...... I've been to the doctors 9 times this month and im healthy, but feel SICK!! So i narrowed down to whats causing my issues. LONG TERM SUBOXONE USE. You may fight me and say NO way!! But I also spoke with many inspiring friends everyday that were on subs and stopped cold turkey, for the same reasons. We can do it! The side effects hit later in my use. In time I'm hoping that writing this makes people jump off just as I am. I'm not saying you have to. But when I know a drug is no longer making you happy, no more and just a burden to stay on the program. I simply say BRING ON THE SICKNESS. I have the love of my kid and family and friends to get me through a week of hell. I know I and you can all do it!!! Music, family, pictures, prayers to the higher ups, and the little things we need to be focused on!!! Im a little bitter because in 5years plus I was never even been told to wean???????????????????This is what makes me mad as I should have overcome this years ago. But when you feel good and can move about your life and work, time just keeps rolling on!! But when ANY of you feel you're doing everything right and still not feeling mentally ok, then it's time to end a chapter of our lives. Me personally, I will probably feel like hell at 1-2MG and will jump! Take the pain of 3-10 days of hell possibly. But knowing at that point you will get better. Suboxone has helped me, but as I said serotonin is only made so fast in the brain. So popping 8mg everyday being happy MAY NOT LAST!! This is me only speaking out to long term users out there, what MAY be headed towards them.Im ready to bring on the sickness at 1-2mg !! I will live I promise. When I do, I hope I inspire Just one of you. As I know some are feeling the same way!! In no way am I promoting stopping to soon for some, but this is my story, that will end soon! My doctor had me on Benzo's for months and stopped with two full bottles of pills in my room. So there is no way I will fail!!! When I want to do something i'll do it, hands down. I am to mule headed for defeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made my choice and may god and family be with me! Thank you! for all the support and feel free to message me?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:28 pm 

Jarin,

By now you realize what happened to your post. We/I decided to move it here to Freestyle where a member may post their point of view w/o being edited.

Speaking as one who has been on Suboxone for over 5 years, I find your experience as pertaining to only you. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying the majority of members don't agree with your position about long term Suboxone use.

We also don't allow bashing of Suboxone mainly because it has saved so many lives including ours. By posting all the bad effects you had may prevent some new viewer from seeking the help they desperately need. Our goal is to help those who have chosen Suboxone as their way of staying clean and starting a new healthy life.

rule62

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I feel the same way.... your anger that 'nobody told you to wean' would be interpreted by some people as gratitude, that they were not forced to stop a medication that saved them from something that caused a great deal of misery in their lives. Some docs DO force tapering on people, even though a number of studies have shown that stopping buprenorphine after a year or less results in relapse, within 12 months, in 95% of people.

Maybe you are not in that 95%. But even in that case, you had the choice to fill your script and stay on buprenorphine. I have little respect for people who benefit from a medication, and then act as if the treatment was 'forced' on them in some way. Take responsibility for your actions!

You want off buprenorphine? Then stop seeing the person prescribing it, and stop filling your prescription. Someone out there will be thrilled to take your spot!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:39 am 

Thank You Dr. Junig.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:33 pm 

I agree with rule and Dr J. This medication is life changing and life saving. Everyone's experience is different. I'm probably going to be a lifer. But if I had to stop taking suboxone tomorrow because it made me feel bad (hypothetical speaking) I'd still be eternally grateful for the yrs it gave me of not using and even the fact of being able to taper off it unlike any other opiate. I've been on it for four years and it's not had any negative effects on me....except the occasional constipation lol but I'm willing to overlook that :)