It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:30 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I was addicted to heroin for 3 years and put myself on Suboxone in order to stop using. It worked, however after taking suboxone illegally for a year, I found myself pregnant. I found a doctor, finally after months of searching, who would willingly treat a pregnant woman already taking Suboxone. Unfortunately I have to drive an hour away to see him and he doesn't accept insurance, so I paid $225 for the initial visit and $75 for each visit after. I was covered under medical assistance but they are forcing me to go through the HIPP program now which is a program that purchases your employers insurance if it is cheaper, (they use the term, "cost effective" lol). So anyhow, I luckily had prescription coverage through Medical Assistance and only had the very low co-pay, which was great seeing as how the doctors visits were draining my bank account. Well I went through 2 weeks of phone tag when the pharmacy said that I needed a prior authorization form for my prescription to be covered. After finally getting that taken care of and after buying 2-4 pills at a time at full cost until the paperwork went through, my insurance is now switched to my employers insurance! Well, story of my life, I drop off my monthly prescription at a different pharmacy (because the last one gave me so many problems) and they say that theres something wrong with my insurance and that I needed to call this number and enroll in the program in order to have my prescription covered....... I am now waiting......AGAIN...for this to be taken care of. It always seems like something is wrong with the paperwork! Does anyone else go through this b.s. ALL THE TIME or is it just my bad luck?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:14 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

UGH! That sucks! Well I have NO insurance and pay out of pocket so I can't relate, but don't give up! F"ight for your meds! Good luck sweetie! Congrats!

Of course there's such a thing as angels. Only sometimes they don't have wings... and we call them mothers. -Unknown

Post subject: Taylor............
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:18 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

First of all WELCOME to this forum, a lot of help here, how much sub do you need in a day, there are a lot of ways to save money, alot of ways to cut pills and different doseing ideas

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:12 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Taylor and welcome to the forum. I hope you find as much valuable support here as I have. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your prescription and paperwork. It must be terribly frustrating. My insurance is through my husband's work, so I'm covered pretty well. I didn't need pre-authorization for my suboxone, for which I'm thankful. Hang in there - I hope you get it worked out quickly and easily. Again, welcome and let us know how this turns out.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've not had so many problems with the pharmacy (once was bad) but I have had problems with my prior doctor that would end up being problems when I GOT to the pharmacy. It is always one or the other. Although I seem to have found a new doctor who is pretty good at helping me avoid problems. I am going to NY and have to fill my script while I am there and she said if I had any problems to call her direct and she would intervene and get it taken care of. She is such a GEM!

I wish you luck. They should have to pay you back for this you know. It isn't like you aren't covered....it is their fuck up and you can't go without it. They should have to reimburse you.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:34 am 
My screwed up doctor's office informed me that my doc isn't in my network after I've been going there since OCTOBER! Each visit I just paid my co-pay an assumed the insurance was paying the rest. I went through a momentary panic when I thought I was going to have to back pay $250 a visit out of pocket for all those months. But they checked into it and I have out of network benefits, so i only have to pay a $250 deductible and 20% of all the subsequent visits. So in the end it's really not that bad considering I have prescription insurance for the meds. It just burned me that they told me they were in-network when I started (that's a big reason why I am going there), and now they tell me they're not 8 MONTHS later! wtf
Just trying to stay focused on the GRATITUDE I feel that I'm off the drugs and am lucky enough to be able to get treatment just by walking into a doctors office. That is truly a blessing for me, the rest I can find a way to deal with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just remembered something that happened to me recently with my insurance for a medication other than suboxone. I give myself Humira injections for an auto-immune condition (a VERY expensive script). I've been on the medication for almost a year and a half and have had the condition for over 10 years. About a month ago when I put in for a refill, all of a sudden I had to get pre-authorization for it! No advance notice, just "Sorry, now you need to get it pre-authorized". Had my doctor's office not acted quickly on my behalf and had I missed my shot for more than a week, I would've had a flare-up that would've taken months for the treatment to kick back in. Boy, was I ever pissed off!

So although I haven't had any problems with my suboxone prescription (knock on wood!), I HAVE had problems with insurance companies doing anything they can to not have to pay for an expensive script. Sorry I didn't think of this earlier. Maybe this will help you to know it isn't just you!

Hang in there!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:27 am 
That goes for car insurance companies, too. My ins. gave me less than my car was worth and then raised my rates 50% even though the accident was totally the other driver's fault (she was ticketed). I just got another car and now I have to find another insurnce co. Aaaarrrrghhh!