It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was on suboxone,benzos, and alcohol for about 7 years and been off everything after going detox about 4 months ago. So i been sober for 4 months and feel really good. I tried helping a friend today get off a long oxycodone addition of appoximately 10-15 30 mgs a day. He waited til he was withdrawing and took 8mgs of suboxone. A short time later he was socking wet, had very bad diarear and stomach pains. His chest was hurting from the withdrawals and was very visually sick. He said this happened to him once before when he tried to take them... He ended up taking 4 30 mg pills to try helping him he was so sick. He said he never felt that sick before even if he wouldnt have taking the sub he wouldnt had been that sick.. Does anyone know why this happend and i know your suppost to take it a while after withdrawing for best effects and he did so. I remember it worked great on me using it not even after being to sick. Does anyone know why this is happing and what would be the right amount of subox for a perosn using that much opiotes 300=450 mgs of roxycodone?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:20 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would say even though your friend was in withdrawl it was still too soon. Everyone is different and the amount of time it takes can very. I think next time he needs to wait longer. How long had it been since his last roxy? There is something called the COWS scale you can Google it, this is what Dr.s use to see if a patient is ready for induction. The fact that he got so much sicker after taking sub I would say it was most likely precipatated withdrawl. Is your friend under the care of a Dr or are you getting sub off the street? I strongly advise taking him to a Dr if he is not already because they are trained to induce and avoid precipitated withdrawls. 8mg should have made him feel better, it is possible he could require a higher dose but if taken correctly he should have noticed an improvement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

If he got sick pretty quickly after taking the suboxone, then I'd agree and say he suffered precipitated withdrawals. He wasn't withdrawing bad enough/long enough to take the first dose of suboxone yet. Exactly like breezy_ann said - this is why we get it under the care of a doctor. But I know you were just trying to help your friend.

Hope he feels better soon!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:22 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I should have added that too, I had to wrap up my post cause my babies were getting mad. I really hope your friend feels better and can be properly induced. As we all know how sub can drastically improve your life. You are a good friend for trying to get him on sub, maybe you can convince him to see a Dr where he can get the care he needs. Keep us posted!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:57 pm 
dotto1 wrote:
I was on suboxone,benzos, and alcohol for about 7 years and been off everything after going detox about 4 months ago. So i been sober for 4 months and feel really good. I tried helping a friend today get off a long oxycodone addition of appoximately 10-15 30 mgs a day. He waited til he was withdrawing and took 8mgs of suboxone. A short time later he was socking wet, had very bad diarear and stomach pains. His chest was hurting from the withdrawals and was very visually sick. He said this happened to him once before when he tried to take them... He ended up taking 4 30 mg pills to try helping him he was so sick. He said he never felt that sick before even if he wouldnt have taking the sub he wouldnt had been that sick.. Does anyone know why this happend and i know your suppost to take it a while after withdrawing for best effects and he did so. I remember it worked great on me using it not even after being to sick. Does anyone know why this is happing and what would be the right amount of subox for a perosn using that much opiotes 300=450 mgs of roxycodone?????

Precipitated withdrawal.

Stop playing doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

How much time went between his last dose of pain pills until he took the first dose of suboxone? I took my first dose during what was my third day of withdrawels, and the suboxone fixed me right up in just 20 minutes! I was like an entirely different person when I left my doctor's office!