It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First off i wanted thank the Doctor for starting this website i just registered but it has already been very helpful just reading the information.

I was using painkillers and herion for 4 years. at around the 2 year mark i went on suboxone and failed because i wasn't really ready to quit. Well recently i had a lot of changes in my life and i had reached an all time low so i am determined to not only never use opiates again but now i want to off the suboxone.

I have been back on suboxone for about 6 months and i started at 8mgs. I have dosed my self all the way down to a 1/2 mg. quarter of a 2 mg pill. I plan on going even lower then that before i completly go off the suboxone.

However for about the past 2 1/2 months i have had a major!!! problem with urination. I have an understanding that frequent urination was sometimes a side effect of opiate withdraw or perhaps it has some thing to do with the suboxone.

The point is it is driving me crazy!!!! every 30 mins i have to take a piss. Even if i don't drink any thing. It may just be a little tiny bit of urine but i have this pressure on my bladder like i have to go really really bad. Im only 25 yrs old my doctor said im way to young to have prostate problems and like i said i have heard this can be a part of opiate withdraw.

My questions are
1. I wanted to confirm that the frequent urinating was a symptom of withdraw?

2. When is this going to end!!!!!!!!!! I can't do any thing with out having to get up and pee constantly?

While i was transitioning doses of suboxone i noticed it went away or atleast subsided a little but as soon as i switched from 1mg to .5 mg its back with a vengence.

3. I don't want to be on any more drugs then i need to but is there any medicine that can help because this is extreamly uncomfortable?

Thanks ( i gotta go pee now) haha, no joke though its driving me crazy.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:50 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there.

With me, its was more like when I have to go to the bathroom, I HAVE TO GO NOW! Not really more often, but it comes on you fast. I think its spasms of the bladder or some other piping between the bladder and you know what.

I'm not really sure what would help it though but I'm not a doctor. Have you mentioned it to your sub doc? Maybe your primary doc if you have one of those. There might be something they could give you to help..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes, it's the withdrawl from lowering 1mg to 0.5. Opiates block an enzyme that tells you when to piss (or something like that). When you are void of opiates you feel like you have to piss every 10 minutes even if nothing comes out. Been there 1,000s of times.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thx for the replies. an up date i am still pissing every 15 -30 mins but have lowered my self down to .25mgs more like .33mgs but very close. Some people may say your rushing things but im really really ready to get my life back in order and now that i have been on the suboxone for 6 months i am just soooo ready to get 100% clean and get back the normal life i once had. sooo many good things have happened since i got clean. I got my self back in the gym which i stopped because its impossible to work out properly being addicted to opiates your motivation goes down the shitter. plus im finally starting to get my self outta the large debt i got my self in.
thx for the replies once again