It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I was wondering if anyone here is on the program for free scripts for a year? I contacted B&R to ask if they could provide discounts or what not and they are sending me the APP to get into the program. Just wondering if anyone has actually gotten into that and what are the in's and out's?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:25 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Do you have the contact number to inquire about this? I am hopefully getting my ins. back soon, but if not I would love to see if I can qualify. Pm me if you can! Thanx

Post subject: sent
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I sent you the info in a PM!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:41 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

just to let you know years ago I was successful at getting approved to the company for year. Iwas in fear that I was losing my insurance. I ended up not losing my insurance and had not used that free program. At about 10 months was at risk of not having insurance again I contacted them and asked where I didnt used it if I was able to try again. My doctor never passed on the information that I was not using that program. I assumed my doc had told them i did not need the program ....he had not. So they told me I already had my year it was my fault that I did not let them know I wasn't using it. I was very grateful i was able to obtain my own private insurance. Without it I don't know what would have happened. I am very grateful for my life today it's better than I ever would have imagined. I do owe it to suboxone although I don't like the idea of being dependent on a medication I have come to accept that fact. And that without this medication I would not be where I am today. I wish there wasn't such a stigma around it. many tell others they're not clean I even felt forced out of the recovery fellowship I had belonged to now I realize it was my choice to leave and let others opinions affect me. I'm grateful I was strong and found another fellowship. Today I'm able to go back to my original fellowship and be there for women just like me....feeling the same shame and guilt that I felt.
I know this medication isn't for everyone or basically that replacements aren't for everyone. But it works for many I've seen it seen it save many many lives. I just get so upset seeing so many people bullied and forced out of the rooms.

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

wow keep..thats crazy! I am very new to the meds..like under a week, but I am so thankful that I was in a place finacially to make the step..I've been wanting to for awhile ...but continued using because I hadn't saved enough..Anyways I agree I like the meetings..attended in the past kicked a heroin habit back in the early 2000"s without meds..subs werent available and the meetings really helped i'd thought about starting up again but after reading how hateful they are about sub I have decided not to..I want to have support not someone downing me...they can often be very self ritious(sp) about things I know from experience..but the clinic I go to has sub meetings every Mon which are very similar to the 12 step and I get about the same out of them..I've heard that the AA folks are much less judgemental about it..I might check one out..but I feel ya I hate to have to depend on something but at least now it's just a couple of times a day and not every few mins! But anyway good luck in your recovery I hope you stay blessed and only YOU know yourself and whats' best to keep you off the streets and well ya know? I'm glad I found subs and that that they are available for us.I just wish this was all more affordable for all..I know that in Europe in some places they offer subtex FREE to addicts!! That's pretty amazing how they treat their people anyway hope you have a great weekend