It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

For those of you that are tapering your Suboxone Film doses, I've created a Rx Film Taper Chart spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel and Rx Film Taper Calendar using Microsoft Word. They are available for download and are FREE on www.rxfilmcuttingguide.com.

You can use the Rx Film Taper Chart to determine approximately how much Suboxone is in your body based on the Suboxone half life and how many mg's you are taking. You simply insert your daily mg intake and the graph will show your Suboxone body levels and mg doses over the period of time you have set. The graph will show you how much the Suboxone levels in your body drop when you drop in large increments versus how gradual the levels drop when you drop in smaller increments. This is obvious, but it's good to see on a graph, because the larger the drop the likelihood of more withdrawal symptoms. The formulas are setup for the 8mg films, but if I get a lot of requests to create one for the 2mg films, I can do that too. Please read the instructions listed in the file and let me know if you have any issues.

Also, It's able to keep track of when you will run out of your current prescription. You enter in the quantity of 8mg Films you have and all your future mg doses, once you hit zero the cells will turn red and it will show you which date you'll run out.

You can also use the Rx Film Taper Calendar to track your progress on a calendar and to know when you plan on dropping your doses.

I use all these tools to taper my Suboxone and hopefully it will help you too.

-RXFCG

Post subject: Confused
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:04 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

This looks ok. Just not sure how accurate the information is. Where did you get it from? To me its worth the five bucks to get a taper tool. cool

bd

Post subject: Re: Confused
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:59 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Bupduped, thanks for the feedback. What information are you concerned about being accurate? I created everything that's shown on the website. Good to hear the price is worth it to you. The spreadsheet, calendar and cutting guide have helped me out, so hopefully they help you out too.

Let me know if I can clarify anything else.

-RXFCG

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:55 am 

I followed your link because I was unclear on what exactly was free.

From what it looks like, one can now download an excel film taper chart and a taper calendar for free, but the cutting guide itself is not free. The cutting guide is $4.95.

I am not completely clear on whether you are allowed to provide a direct link to a product that you created and are charging $$ for. Even though two of your items are free, the main product is not free.

I believe there could be some value to these tools, which is why I'm not shutting this thread down until I get a clarification.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Amy,

I just wanted to inform others about the Taper Chart and Calendar since they have helped me and they are available for free. You can remove the link if it violates any rules or policies.

-RXFCG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:56 pm 

Thanks for your understanding and your patience! I've been trying to get some guidance on this from people higher up the chain than I.

I think your products sound promising.

Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've seen tools like this before and the only problem I have with them is that they never fully account for exact absorption and half life because everyone's absorption and half life will be slightly different to grossly different. These tools can get you in the "ballpark", but you would really need to have your serum levels checked daily for a truly accurate representation of how much Suboxone is in your system.

The best way I have found to guarantee you're getting less and less Suboxone in your system is to take less and less Suboxone.....works everytime. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah I agree with you Romeo, this is only approximate and everybody is different. To me, it's a way of keeping track of how much Suboxone I've taken and how the reductions in doses will affect the approximate level of Suboxone in my body during the taper process. Unfortunately, I don't have time to take my serum levels everyday, so I settle for an approximate amount. :)

I've seen the Suboxone Taper Chart posted in previous threads, but it can only show you results for 1 month, so I didn't find it very helpful. If you decide to download the Rx Film Taper Chart, I love your feedback.

For know, I'll continue to take less and less and see where that goes... :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:19 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Haven't heard of Rx Film Taper Chart earlier, seems to be very exciting topic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks Shanejohn. I've had a lot of success with it. It has helped me plan my taper and keep track of my doses. Now I'm clean!

Check it out and let me know what you think!

RXFCG